PDA

View Full Version : Holland & Italy

Chemical
01-08-2007, 02:28 PM
So the countdown begins!

I'll be heading to Holland for a week from February 9 - 18 ... I arrive in Amsterdamn but I'm staying south in Capelle.

My plans are thus:

Friday 9:
Travel to Newark where I'll be stuck in the airport for 11 hours. Jowy says he'll come visit me. So it won't all be boring as hell.

Saturday 10:
have lunch and go to a "cafe" in Amsterdamn, check out the redlight district, head to Capelle, shop in the market.

Sunday 11:
Go to the Whitte de Whitte (My favourite Canadian artist has work up there) & possibly another museum.

Monday 12:
???

Tuesday 13:
Travel to Eindhoven then take a plane from there to Rome then a train from Rome to Florence where I'll meet some friends who are over on exchange. Party up the night.

Wed 14:
Return to Holland & ???

Thursday 15:
???

Friday 16:
???

Saturday 17:
???

Sunday 18:
Go home :(

On one of those ??? days I'm going to:
the Rembrandt Museum
the Van Gogh Museum
visit more "cafes"
have dinner and meet Skwowwy
spend a day at the Blijdrop

I'm wondering if there's anyone else who's been to Holland or Italy and am looking for suggestions of places to go, things I must do etc. etc.

dkfjalkdfjaslkfj excited

Squally Leonharty
01-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Awespiffy! We'll be sure to meet! It's just a matter of picking the right date, but I'm sure we can work it out. ;)

We'll talk about it sometime again and I'll also think about some things that you should do while you're here in the Netherlands. :)

Mirage
01-08-2007, 02:33 PM
THURSDAY: NORWAY!

Breine
01-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I've only driven through Holland and therefore I cannot really say how it is there, but I've been in Italy multiple times. I haven't been in Rome, though, which I'd love to visit some day.
I've been on the island of Sicily, though, and if you're going to go down south that much I can recommend seeing the biggest city there, which is called Palermo. They have a huge catacomb underneath the church there. It's very fascinating. Oh, and the volcano Etna is also great.
Other than that I've only been to Trieste, but that was a very short visit.

Anyway, have a great trip. Europe has a lot to offer ;)

Bunny
01-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Monday 12:
???

Thursday 15:
???

Friday 16:
???

Saturday 17:
???

I do not suggest doing this at anytime anywhere. Bad things happen when such things occur. I wouldn't want you getting hurt, dear Chemical. You see, I genuinely care for you. As much as a poor young Bunny can care for a dangerous Chemical, that is. But the care is there!

I can only suggest getting completely smashed every single day of your visit. Unless, that is, you want to remember this trip. If that is the case, I seriously advise doing the exact opposite of my suggestion.

Have fun! Take a picture of a man for me. Perhaps a woman.

Renmiri
01-08-2007, 05:28 PM
There's a castle near Amsterdan that my sister took me to visit that is very cool. A'dam also has the Van Gogh museum, a place not to miss!

Other than that, walk along the Amstel, there are bars, people jogging, "hot" Am'dam males and females, great scenic places to take pics. You will like it.

A funny place to go is the Sex Museum in the middle of the Red Light district.

Buy some of the X-rated post cards. Every turist does it ;)

Rye
01-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Florence is supposed to be a gorgeous part of Italy, great idea. Venice is also very beautifiul, I definitely recommend it. If you go to Venice, also go to Milan, because they're both rather north of Italy. Milan is supposed to be a great fashion center. We only were there for an hour for changing planes, but it's freaking gorgeous, because you see the Alps there, but they're so close that it looks like they're maybe a mile away.

Chemical
01-09-2007, 12:00 AM
A funny place to go is the Sex Museum in the middle of the Red Light district.

The castle sounds cool and I'll deffinately pick up some naughty postcards.

I've been to the MoSex (Museum of Sex) in New York, they are great.
Is there a Museum of torture anywhere there?

Florence is supposed to be a gorgeous part of Italy, great idea. Venice is also very beautifiul, I definitely recommend it. If you go to Venice, also go to Milan, because they're both rather north of Italy. Milan is supposed to be a great fashion center. We only were there for an hour for changing planes, but it's freaking gorgeous, because you see the Alps there, but they're so close that it looks like they're maybe a mile away.
Unfortunately Rye, I'll only be in Italy from like 2 pm - 10 am Feb 13 & 14... I'm just visiting friends in Florence who are there for the year on an exchange program through our school. (So I have a free place to stay). But another time I'm sure!

Dr Aum
01-09-2007, 12:04 AM
While in Italy, definitely take a daytrip to Pompeii. It's an amazing place to see, and not too far from any of the big cities.

Psychotic
01-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Travel to Newark where I'll be stuck in the airport for 11 hours. Jowy says he'll come visit me. So it won't all be boring as hell.I got stuck at Newark airport for 48 hours, 7 of which were spent queuing for customer services. I feel your pain, I really do.

Go and see a football...sorry...soccer match. I don't know if that's your thing, but I know that's what I'd do. Even if you have no interest in the sport, I'd go just for the experience - the atmosphere inside the stadiums is incredible. There are some good teams in the cities you plan to visit. Enjoy your trip, and give me the finger if your plane flies over England.

Renmiri
01-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Is there a Museum of torture anywhere there?
They were all over Italy when I visited, not sure about Holland. Nasty torturing devices those 12th century monks had!

I've been to the MoSex (Museum of Sex) in New York, they are great.
Oh, it is definitely more graphic than the one in NY. In Amsterdam nothing is against the law... Just the water fountain... Take a camera :p

Amsterdam is like Seattle, drizzles and light rain are an every day occurrence. Take a raincoat and umbrella and walk around anyway, the dutch do too!

Don't forget to walk around downtown, on the banks of the Amstel river, it is very scenic with the house boats and the 16th century buildings, plus there's places for munchies and beer.

Besides the Van Ghogh museum Amsterdam has many other artsy stuff to see, the designers are great there, including my sister who lives there! :D

Print this map before you go
http://www.amsterdam.info/print/map/

-N-
01-09-2007, 11:21 PM
blunt shack! sing it with me