PDA

View Full Version : Should Lionheart really be considered a "main character"?

Peter_20
01-09-2007, 02:41 PM
SPOILERS, I think :D

Okay, I was always dubious on Lionheart being a "main character".
I mean, think about it: he disappears RIGHT at the beginning of the game, and then he just randomly rejoins the team at the VERY END of the game.
You don't even SEE him during the game until that last part (alright, maybe once, but that part barely counts).
He's gone for the whole game, and then he decides to stick with you when you're about to enter the final dungeon.

If this is a "main character", then I'm Santa Claus.
A main character should at least take some kind of part in the game itself other than the final dungeon.

To me, Lionheart is just another "fourth character", but a fourth character that never switches with another character.

Martyr
01-09-2007, 02:57 PM
A main character should at least take some kind of part in the game itself other than the final dungeon.

How about the part where he becomes the Dark Knight who builds a warship that destroys a bunch of the world, constantly causes problems for the warriors, and then, after the battle is won, becomes the new evil emperor to restart the crisis all over again?

Peter_20
01-09-2007, 03:11 PM

How about the part where he becomes the Dark Knight who builds a warship that destroys a bunch of the world, constantly causes problems for the warriors, and then, after the battle is won, becomes the new evil emperor to restart the crisis all over again?That's not a main playable character, that's a villain. :cool:

Martyr
01-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Sure, but it is a main character, and one that appears throughout the game. Villain or not, Lionheart deserves the attention he receives.

boys from the dwarf
01-09-2007, 09:16 PM
yes.

he is a main character.

would you say the emperor isn't a main character just because he's a villain?

he is referred to many times as both leon and the dark knight.

he is both good and evil at times.

he is more important than most of the other temporary characters, if not all of them, so he should be considered a main character.

DarkLadyNyara
01-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Is Leon a main character? Yes.
Is Loen a main hero? No.
Does Leon suck? Yes.

FuzZerd
01-10-2007, 12:11 AM
I think this game would have been more interesting if they paid more attention to the "dark knight" throughout the game.

Peter_20
01-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Is Peter_20 Santa Claus? Yes, obviously.

Merry Christmas, hohoho.

ReloadPsi
01-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Yeah, Leon just pissed me off. When he joined he had half the HP of everyone else, and I was stuck with him. I would rather have taken Leyla, or maybe even Minwu if he hadn't frickin' killed himself.

FuzZerd
01-12-2007, 09:54 AM
for me he had about as much health as firion. and now he has more.

Peter_20
01-12-2007, 11:45 AM
for me he had about as much health as firion. and now he has more.Tell that to us level-maniacs who just love to abuse the level system. :p

Crossblades
01-12-2007, 03:25 PM
One could say that he's the main character since most of the story deals with him anyway.

Peter_20
01-12-2007, 09:16 PM
One could say that he's the main character since most of the story deals with him anyway.No. Actually, he's absent for the most part of the game.

With all respect, this is almost like saying Garland is the main character in FF1.

Crossblades
01-13-2007, 04:49 AM
One could say that he's the main character since most of the story deals with him anyway.No. Actually, he's absent for the most part of the game.

With all respect, this is almost like saying Garland is the main character in FF1.

I said ONE could say, as in anyone could say. I didn't say he actually is the main character

DarkLadyNyara
01-29-2007, 06:12 AM
No. Actually, he's absent for the most part of the game.
Actually, you do encounter him throughout the game, as the Dark Knight. Whereas Garland is only seen once at the beginning of the game, and once at the end. Beleive me, I'd love to deny that little twit main character status, but unfortunatly, he qualifies. :mad:

fearlessat30
02-10-2007, 06:23 AM
I agree. Plus the fact that Garland doesn't turn tail and run towards the winning side. As sad as it as, I believe Frionel, (Leonhart in my game) has to be a main character, just not a hero.

Amundusias
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM
I think he's just as important as Minwu, Joseph, Layla, Gordon and Ricard/Gareth, to the storyline, at least.