PDA

View Full Version : My sword :(

L8_
01-09-2007, 03:06 PM
This is the first time I play FFX. I just met Rikku. She told me that I can add abilities to my weapons. Before that I had my brotherhood with 3 slots, and now it's full X( I didn't add anything. And I didn't like al of them. I want to choose them by myself. X( Should I be able to do it? :confused:

Mjazi
01-09-2007, 03:14 PM
When you get the ability add auto-abilities to weapons "Brotherhood" auto-customizes so you can't add anything onto it.

TheSpoonyBard
01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
You can add abilities to any weapon other than the Brotherhood, Celestial Weapons, and those with no free slots.

L8_
01-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Ok, so that is suposed to hapen?

TheSpoonyBard
01-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Yes. Brotherhood gained the extra abilities during the Farplane sequence. You'll find it's Waterstrike and Strength+x% abilities very useful in the next area of the game.

L8_
01-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Ok thnx

Tabris
01-09-2007, 04:02 PM
You can't customize a weapon when all slots are taken, because you can't remove anything from the slots. But you'll be able to acquire more weapons and armours later in the games and customize them.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-09-2007, 07:18 PM
i always thought that wud be a nice touch, to be able to refine items from weapon abilities. but then i guess it wud make things like getting BHPL for a certain character too easy huh?

Sain Cai
01-10-2007, 02:32 AM
what sux is you probably cant go back to the beginning of the Djose Highroad (right after Sin kicks the hell out of the Al Bheds), cuz there is a dude that gives you a sword that has strength +3% I believe and 3 open slots, that I use for Evade & Counter and First Strike, and Piercing, which serves me for most of the game after that.

cally777
01-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Its called Variable Steel and I think it even has 4 slots (about the only one you can get early on). I personally would add First strike, Initiative and (later on) 1 mp cost. Mainly cos Tidus should be on the front line (usually has high agility) to get pre-emptive strikes and avoid ambushes.

To get Initiative early on, remember to pray at the Cactuar Stones in the Thunder plains, then steal Chocobo feathers from the Cactuars. Playing blitzball's probably best for getting Return spheres for First strike.You can't get I mp till the Calm Lands (realistically) but its handy if you use Hastega a lot.

Much better than Brotherhood anyway. I can see why Chappu left it behind, it sucks!

:choc::choc::choc:

Sain Cai
01-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Well Brotherhood is very good in the Thunder Plains, since at that time most people will not wait for the Varitable Steel like us hard corers (is that a word?!?)

I still like my Evade & Counter/First Strike/Piercing sword. First Strike will still technically avoid ambushes, since Tidus will act first no matter what. Very useful on Malboros. I somply reset data for blitz when first getting to the Mi'ihen Highroad til the prizes are Teleport Sphere and Return Sphere for top scorer.