PDA

View Full Version : I'm probably going to get mauled for asking, but... XD

Pike
01-09-2007, 03:34 PM
...is anyone else here as obsessed with Neopets as I am?

By which I mean, obsessed.

I, for example, have not only spent copious amounts of time on this site every day for the past few years, but I also pay $70 (real money!) a year for Premium Neopets. (Hey, it gets me the Super Shop Wiz and takes all the ads away...)

I restock, I play the stock market, I play games, and I actually saved up enough NP-- 2 and a half million-- to morph a pet into a Draik, which is the most expensive pet to get. (Draiks and Krawks, for those who don't know, can't be created the normal way, they must be morphed through really expensive potions.)

Um yeah. I can already hear the people running around the corner to point and laugh, so I'll go crawl under a box now and keep restocking. I was just hoping that maybe, just maybe, somebody else out there is as addicted as I am. XD

(P.S. this is me! (http://www.neopets.com/randomfriend.phtml?user=pikestaff))

Bunny
01-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Aww, Pikey. You're so adorable!

I have never played Neopets, it never really interested me. But I have a few friends that still do it and it doesn't really bother me. Hell, I still love Gargoyles!

YTDN
01-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I used to play Neopets, but left when I realised that nearly everyone there was an idiot. I only stayed for the RP forum, and there everyone was an idiot.

Pike
01-09-2007, 03:51 PM
I used to play Neopets, but left when I realised that nearly everyone there was an idiot. I only stayed for the RP forum, and there everyone was an idiot.

See I'm not there for the people (I rarely go to the neoboards), I'm there for the game itself. I dunno if that's better or worse... =P

Oh, and thanks Bunny. =3

Old Manus
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
so i herd u liek neopets

Never played it.

Araciel
01-09-2007, 04:44 PM
good god no! i'm much too nerdy for them

Christmas
01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I LIKE NEOPETS, DO YA KNOW? I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT! IT IS A PART OF MY LIFE LIKE VISITING THE TOLIET TO POO POO EVERY MORNING AT 6:15 AM SHARP WITHOUT FAIL!!! MY FAVOURITE NEOPET IS CHARIZARD AND ANGEMON!!! :bigsmile:

EDIT: HI PIKE!

Sakura
01-10-2007, 11:19 PM
I LIKE NEOPETS, DO YA KNOW? I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT! IT IS A PART OF MY LIFE LIKE VISITING THE TOLIET TO POO POO EVERY MORNING AT 6:15 AM SHARP WITHOUT FAIL!!! MY FAVOURITE NEOPET IS CHARIZARD AND ANGEMON!!! :bigsmile:

Batman's my favourite

rih29
01-10-2007, 11:21 PM
I used to be obsessed when I was like 10 or 11. I think it's kind of dumb now though. :-P

Shoeberto
01-10-2007, 11:46 PM
My friends used to play it a lot. I never saw the appeal.

Leen-Leen
01-10-2007, 11:49 PM
I used to be very obessed. I still have an account there though, I go on every so often. When I feel like it.

Jojee
01-10-2007, 11:51 PM
*patpat* How old are you ;o

Edit: *looks at your profile* Wow, most people I knew played it when they were pre-teen but then grew out of it. xD That's cute ^_-~ I never played it. :3

Madame Adequate
01-11-2007, 01:41 AM
So cute ^_^; Never saw the appeal myself, but anything which brings Auntie Pike so many hours of joy must have something positive going for it.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-11-2007, 06:18 AM
Yeah...no. I'm not obsessed. I kinda quit playing when they went to :skull::skull::skull::skull:. With all the adds and such. It sucks now. I still play Meerca Chase on occasion though. :p

Absconditus_Oraculum
01-11-2007, 07:00 AM
I used to go on years ago. Got bored with it fast. That and my younger brother never stoping talking about it made me dislike it. Not as bad as some things I've seen though.

Meerca chase I do still play some times. I never liked it at first but it kind of grew on me. Swarm to occasionaly. Its just space inveders (which I love) with a bunch of cool powerups.

Rye
01-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Awww, Steph. xD I used to looooooove Neopets, but I ot a bit bored of it once they took away the signature payment thing in the guild chat, because that's how I'd make a ton of money. xD

Pike
01-11-2007, 05:40 PM
*patpat* How old are you ;o

Edit: *looks at your profile* Wow, most people I knew played it when they were pre-teen but then grew out of it. xD That's cute ^_-~ I never played it. :3

It's actually kind of funny how many older people play it... if you go to the Premium Neoboards, especially, I'm one of the younger people there XD Also funny that I was 20 years old when I started playing it x_x But then, I seem to be older than most people online. XD

I keep trying to get my boyfriend and some of my other friends to play Neopets with me but they all think it's boring. xP I understand though, it took me like a year of only sporadically playing before it got interesting to me. You kind of have to... give it a while and get the hang of it before it becomes interesting... at least, that's how it was for me.

I'm such a dork :3

Shauna
01-11-2007, 05:44 PM
I got a Neopets account once. Haven't been on it since that day. xD

Chloe.
01-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I got a Neopets account once. Haven't been on it since that day. xD

Yeah, same with me. :bigsmile:

CimminyCricket
01-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I could never get into it. I don't haven anything against it. They're basically pokemon, I think.

Renmiri
01-11-2007, 07:10 PM
My little girl loves her Anaisha and my little boy is crazy about his Scorchio. My oldest hasn't cared much for them though...

Vikeve
01-11-2007, 08:00 PM
My friend is obsessed. She got me to make an acount but I never play on it. Its just boring to me. (but when she showed me we played some bouncing game and whenever we lost we'd start screaming and be like nooooooooo now thise poor whatever they are, are going to starve!!!!) That was pretty funny.:cool:

I proobably can't een acces my acount anymore I forgot my password and thats the same thing that happened to me with maple story.:)