PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on the Ruby Weapon?

Setharion
01-09-2007, 03:36 PM
lol first thing though, i just got done getting beat by him but i thought i had it...Red hit Lucky Number 7s and literally went apesh*t on it, i thought there was no way i could lose this...he went on for like 2 minutes just doing 7777 dmg, i thought maybe the game glitched because he wasnt stopping.

But then it retracted its claws and continued to beat me down...not sure what to do with this battle being nothing really hurts em.

Any suggestions?

RiseToFall
01-09-2007, 03:49 PM
There are some good suggestions in this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=99392)thread.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-09-2007, 04:57 PM
And some good videos

Omega Sephiroth
01-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Kill 2 members at the beginning, Cheat using the multi item trick to get mega elixer and Dazers, Dazer him with and then revive the other 2 using phoenix AFTER HIS ARMS ARE BURRIED!(Also equip the last move materia or something like that with phoenix) Now have the 2 mime materia and and have cloud and Vincent have it, TIFA FOR HEALING AND DAZERS! Now summon KOTR(Knight of the round) 1x and then Mime the person who summond him and them mime the mimer......Ruby will recover after about 3 summons(Mimes) so get ready to dazer him.

Lynx
01-10-2007, 02:30 AM
with this there should be no need for elixers or cheats.

well what i did is i went into battle with 2 characters dead which makes him stab his claws into the ground. now i used cloud,cid and redxiii. any characters on high enough leveles and correct materias can win though.

my set up.
cid (Limit up + hyper)
final attack(mastered)-phoenix(Masterd)
sneak attack-any summon(non fire elemnt)
master magic
Hp<->Mp
counter(if you have 3)-any summon(non fire elemnt)

cloud (dead)
master summon
enemy skill (white wind and great guard or big gurad whatever?)
counter(if you have 2)-any summon(non fire elemnt)

red xii (dead)
master magic
counter-bahamut zero(mastered)
bahamut zero(3 stars)- quadra magic (mastered maybe i forget?)
that combination will allow you to counter his hits with 4 bahamut zeros.

ok so start the battles if sneak attack works nice if not dont sweat it. hit him with Limit. if rubys next attack doesnt kill you hit him with knights of the round. and do so until cid dies. when cid dies everyone will be brought back to life by phoneix.

next have cloud whitewind eveyrone (know where spells, summons, and enemy skills are so you dont waste time looking for them). Have redxiii hit him with kotr. if someone dies from the attack dont worry about it cause when cid dies(assumeing he didnt die) he will bring everyone back to life. but i suggest on clouds next turn to cast great guard or big guard? cloud, redxiii and maybe even cid will survive his attacks more often. and everytime they get hit they counter with a summon. and red xiii hits him with 4 bahamut zeros. still hit him with kotr as much as possible.

whenever you see limits come up i suggest useing them its a nice way to get in a couple 1000 damage without being countered with ultima. if your useimg mime materias you can mime kotr instead of always trying to cast it. make sure your MP is up on everyone. keep ethers at the top of your item list to be safe. you might start to notice his ultima missing your characters more and more often. never cast phoenix manually let the materias themselves do it. only use life spells or phoenix downs after phoenix has run out of times it can use itself. but if this stratagy was done correctly you should beat him by your last time you were able to use phoenix oh and if luck is on your side :p

a good basis of this stratagy is hopeing ultima misses and that he doesnt target cid with all his attacks all the time. but ive used this stratagy and beta him many many times.

good luck

TheSpoonyBard
01-10-2007, 12:02 PM
You'd need Magic Counter paired with your summons, not Counter.

Lynx
01-11-2007, 06:37 AM
my bad its been awhile

edczxcvbnm
01-11-2007, 07:02 AM
Easiest way is W-Summon Hades then Knights of the Round. Hades will Freeze him and the knights will do a lot of damage. Don't worry about Ultima being cast. Since he is frozen he can't counter.

It takes forever though but it is the easiest laziest way to do it.

feioncastor
01-14-2007, 11:42 AM
You should enter the battle with two of your three people already dead. Once Ruby Weapon puts his tentacles up behind your party, he can't blow two of the guys out of the fight anymore.

Just enter the fight with two people dead, once the tentacles come up, just use Life 2 on All, or summon Phoenix.

Then proceed to nuke the junk out of him. If you have the Enemy Skill "Big Guard", it will help a little.

thegirth
01-18-2007, 08:45 PM
turns out he can still use "Whirlsand" and he can take his tentacles back out, that asshat

ReloadPsi
01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
4x Cut, your entire Hero Drink collection (I had 13 of them), Final Attack-Revive, Haste and Cure. Give all those to Cloud and eventually Ruby'll run out of MP. Oh yeah, take lots of Turbo Ethers too; by this point in the game they're everywhere.

No, seriously, I killed him using almost nothing but 4x-Cut. It was awesome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/diehure/OWNERSHIP.jpg

There are some attacks it can still use but Ruby is screwed for the most part once this happens.

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't see what the big fuss about this is. I beat Ruby my first try. And I didn't even know what the hell was going on. I saw something sticking ouf of the ground and figured, "What hell?"
I just have mad skills, I guess.

One thing to keep in mind, is that you can actually have two members fight him at the same time. It is rare, but it happened to me. Once.

Mercen-X
01-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Dumb luck