PDA

View Full Version : So, how's the weather?

Peegee
01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
I learned in Penn & Teller's "BS" (not gonna swear pointlessly) that back in Victorian days women were seen as an ornament for men. And since we can't treat women like sex objects back then, they had to talk about something else.

Hence weather as a topic of speech. With that knowledge, please please PLEASE stop talking to girls about their sign and the weather and whether they hang out at [wherever you two happen to be talking] often. Times have changed.

And with that comes the topic which is something along the lines of do you have any old fashioned ideas? How liberal are you, and how old fashioned are you?.

Personally I'm a complete lunatic. I scare myself when I think of how I would raise my hypothetical children, and I personally have beliefs which border on utter and total apathy / nihilism. It just doesn't matter in the end, is what I believe, and what is worth doing is what feels good now. Discipline, planning, pie....these things don't concern me.

I expect a future of needless suffering.

Sergeant Hartman
01-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Wet 'n' cold :(

Chloe.
01-09-2007, 06:39 PM

Sergeant Hartman
01-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Oh she loves to quote me :hat:

Chloe.
01-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh she loves to quote me :hat:
Oh of course I do. :bigsmile:

Bunny
01-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Personally I'm a complete lunatic. I scare myself when I think of how I would raise my hypothetical children, and I personally have beliefs which border on utter and total apathy / nihilism. It just doesn't matter in the end, is what I believe, and what is worth doing is what feels good now. Discipline, planning, pie....these things don't concern me.

At last I have found you, my long lost twin! Never again shall I lose track of you!

Martyr
01-09-2007, 06:59 PM
What's this about now?

Radical liberalism will one day wipe out all the age old values that used to hold our world together in a storm of nihilism and because of this we fear that an age of suffering will soon sweep the earth like a giant broom -of suffering?

So where do I stand now? Old Fashioned and Conservative, I guess. I don't want nihilism to bring about a future of suffering. I like comfort and happiness.

Kanshisha
01-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Discipline, planning, pie....these things don't concern me.

WHAT?! Pie doesn't concern you?! ugh what is this world coming to? but ATM outside is just cold but later today its going to me 36degrees Oh no....damn... now my friends are going to ask me to play soccer outside....

Levian
01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I do talk a lot about work with my co-workers and about school with my classmates, it's just really the most natural subject if you don't know the person well enough. But I do tend to ask them silly question too, like what vegetable they hate the most. Questions like that seems to make the conversation float better afterwards.

StarChild
01-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm a very liberal person. More liberal then the average I guess.

Madame Adequate
01-09-2007, 09:49 PM
What's this about now?

Radical liberalism will one day wipe out all the age old values that used to hold our world together in a storm of nihilism and because of this we fear that an age of suffering will soon sweep the earth like a giant broom -of suffering?

So where do I stand now? Old Fashioned and Conservative, I guess. I don't want nihilism to bring about a future of suffering. I like comfort and happiness.

The comfort and happiness is only present for about half the world. The other half is shafted. To let them get a chance at it, new ideas have to be implemented. The most major of these is to stop treating people differently based on where they're from - that makes as much sense as treating women differently.

Also, the weather here is bloody :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

And it's not swearing pointlessly when it's a noun.

Dr Aum
01-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Personally I'm a complete lunatic. I scare myself when I think of how I would raise my hypothetical children, and I personally have beliefs which border on utter and total apathy / nihilism.

Mother Nature died today. Or maybe it was yesterday, I don't know.

With Camus as my witness, I will never be sane again.