PDA

View Full Version : Mother 3

NeoCracker
01-09-2007, 09:57 PM
It's finally coming. (http://www.mother3.org/)

The next instalment to the mother Series, or as US knows it, earthbound. The GBA version is already out in Japan, however it isn't showing signs of U.S. Release. So, the good people here are working on the translation. IF you surf the site, they say it'll probably be done by the end of the year.

This news make me happy in pants.

Jowy
01-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm going to be all over this like...well, like some sort of rabid fanboy.

Dr Aum
01-09-2007, 10:41 PM
I've already played Mother 3 in the original Japanese, but it will be nice to have in English. It's most definitely one of my favorite games, just barely behind Mother 2.

Then again, I might be a little biased. I am, after all, very obviously a huge Earthbound fan.

Momiji
01-10-2007, 12:43 AM
OMG, I haven't heard of Earthbound in ages. What a great game...

Zeromus_X
01-10-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm very happy that they're almost done with the translation. I'm very disappointed in Nintendo not bothering to localize Mother 3, but I guess it's to be expected.

Dreddz
01-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Not releasing Mother 3 outside Japan is for everyones own good, we dont need to play through that crap.

Roto13
01-10-2007, 12:56 AM
You're insane. Earthbound kicks a million asses. :P

GooeyToast
01-10-2007, 01:00 AM
And instead of simply saying "I don't like Earthbound", you went the extra mile to speak for everyone. Good job.

Dr Aum
01-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Not releasing Mother 3 outside Japan is for everyones own good, we dont need to play through that crap.

You die today.

JKTrix
01-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Mother 3 was always more of a let's-wait-for-Atlus-to-bring-it-over kind of game. Problem is, it's a 1st party Nintendo Japan game... so Atlus can't even try to get their hands on it. There probably was a very small chance of Nintendo bringing it, but Nintendo America has been completely focused on the DS, and now Wii.

Similar to how Smash Bros potentially opened the path for Fire Emblem, I thought Earthbound would have been next in line. I suppose the timing was just unfortunate.

It would make an awesome surprise for VirTual Console, though, if Nintendo were to release it.

As for the fan translation, awesome. Free stuff is always welcome.

Maxico
01-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Place your bets people!

"How long before a 'Cease and Desist' is issued"!

Roto13
01-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Place your bets people!

"How long before a 'Cease and Desist' is issued"!

I dunno. There are tons of fanslations out there already, like Final Fantasy V and Seiken Densetsu 3. Whoever translated Seiken Densetsu 3 is getting a free pass into heaven.

JKTrix
01-10-2007, 05:54 PM
If there is a C&D, then that increases the chance of Nintendo bringing it to the US officially.

As is the case with fansubs, the groups can get a C&D order from a local company, even if the show hasn't yet been licensed. Usually if it does happen, the show will be licensed very soon to be released.

This is a little different from the Crono Trigger 3D project and possibly the Bid for Power mod for Quake 3, which were taking properties already existing and licensed in the US and modifying them.

While Mother 3 belongs to Nintendo and they have every legal right to C&D these guys, they currently do not pose a threat to potential sales of the game--which is not coming out (which was the case of Seiken Densetsu 3, probably one of the most popular fanslations). If they do actually find and send out the order, I think that is a fairly good sign of it coming out in English officially, though not set-in-stone.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-10-2007, 09:27 PM

What are you smoking? EarthBound is awesome!

NeoCracker
01-11-2007, 02:46 AM
Since when was making a language patch for a game illegal? Patching games isn't illegal. Downloading Roms you don't own is illegal.

rih29
01-11-2007, 03:08 AM
I never got through Earthbound on NES, but it seemed like an odd and fun game.