PDA

View Full Version : Where's an Admin when you need one?

Goldenboko
01-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that when you actually want to PM an admin to ask them something they're never on?

Rye
01-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Quite a few admins are just on invisible, so they can lurk. Like sharks. :p

Bunny
01-10-2007, 01:36 AM
They are always on. One of the requirements for Adminship is to give up your entire life to serve the forums. Day, night, every single hour.

It is a blessing; it is a curse. With great power comes great responsibility.

Avarice-ness
01-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Quite a few admins are just on invisible, so they can lurk. Like sharks. :p

And then they attack like sharks!

Dr Unne
01-10-2007, 01:37 AM
I always notice. Clearly we need another admin.

Christmas
01-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Truly, we should admin him (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=84595)cause he and his gang is alway on. :bigsmile:

oddler
01-10-2007, 02:02 AM
I would choose the first option and say that they never abandon me but it's grammatically incorrect. :p

rubah
Did you know that the Private Message system wasn't intended to be a real time chat? And your 30 second later replies are freaking creepy and remind me of when RSL would do that every now and then when he got into a hyper fit.

Psychotic
Yeah, I had to spam #eoff and several people on AIM when I needed a password reset back in April, and I also made my friends bombard various admins with PMs. I think I got a 12 hour response time. It was on my birthday too so I couldn't post in my birthday thread. Still, thanks for coming to my (Samur)aid, guys.

Goldenboko
01-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Did you know that the Private Message system wasn't intended to be a real time chat? And your 30 second later replies are freaking creepy and remind me of when RSL would do that every now and then when he got into a hyper fit.

It's, not my fault a sing drop of sugar makes me go nuts :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

.... Perhaps I do need to learn patience :(

Roogle
01-10-2007, 02:15 AM
You may send a private message to a Cid's Knight.

Regardless, it is not wise to expect that you can instantly reach an Administrator by sending a private message to them when they are offline. If you have an urgent issue, you may try to send one of the Administrators an instant message or contact a Cid's Knight.

Vikeve
01-10-2007, 02:16 AM
No, but then again I don't nromally send pms asking about things. I generaly find things out by mistakes I found out how to change the settings to the fluffy puff setting by mistake.

(it was very cool at first I decided I wasn't going to post in this thread so I was lazy and I clicked the back button and then my computer was acting weird so I did the worst thing possible by clicking the back button a lot and then I ended up Avarice-ness's thread and I was like huh and then I clicked back a lot more and I ended up back here somehow. Pretty cool, huh? So I decided to post.:bigsmile:)

DarkLadyNyara
01-10-2007, 02:30 AM
I've never had to PM an admin, so I havn't noticed. ^_^

Shlup
01-10-2007, 04:15 AM
We just all go on invisible when you log on.

Yamaneko
01-10-2007, 05:34 AM
I'm not very active right now so it's best not to PM me.

Martyr
01-10-2007, 05:37 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that when you actually want to PM an admin to ask them something they're never on?

No. You're crazy.

XxSephirothxX
01-10-2007, 05:50 AM
Not really. It seems like there's usually an admin or a CK on at almost any hour, even when it's like 4 am. Of course, considering how spread out they are geographically, that's not so hard to believe at all. There's usually somebody I can bug via chat or IM if need be, too. ;)

theundeadhero
01-10-2007, 10:36 AM
They always take care of me, like loving parents nurturing their child to grow into something they can be proud of. Sometimes when I ask them to do something they tell me no, but it's probably because my teenage RM mind (it was a kids mind when I was a regular member) doesn't know everything and they have more experience. Then there's C_lout. Oh, how Cl_out teases me. Like the aunt who likes to get drunk and have a good time.

Kanshisha
01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Hmm well i never really noticed...i barely PM or post something in the help forum for the admins to help me on...

blackmage_nuke
01-10-2007, 12:24 PM
They didnt become admins by "helping" people :rolleyes2

-

Anaisa
01-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Did you know that the Private Message system wasn't intended to be a real time chat? And your 30 second later replies are freaking creepy and remind me of when RSL would do that every now and then when he got into a hyper fit.You should think yourself lucky RSL spent his hyper fit time PMing you. You ungrateful little thing!

I've never urgently had to PM an admin

Loony BoB
01-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I get the PM's and then leave them for a week and if they chase me up after that long then I suppose they want me for something enough to actually make it worth reading the PM.

I never have this problem. Whenever I need an admin, I'm always around.

Chloe.
01-10-2007, 04:59 PM

No. You're crazy.

You stole my answer. :eek:

Jess
01-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I've never had a problem. I just wait until an admin is online whilst I am before I send anybody a PM. :jess:

Citizen Bleys
01-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I always notice. Clearly we need another admin.

I think you just volunteered. Congratulations on your return to staff, Unne.

CimminyCricket
01-10-2007, 07:10 PM
I get the PM's and then leave them for a week and if they chase me up after that long then I suppose they want me for something enough to actually make it worth reading the PM.

I never have this problem. Whenever I need an admin, I'm always around.

lol nice

Renmiri
01-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Admin ? What is this kind of person that you speak of ?

Nah, you are crazy!

Tavrobel
01-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I've never had to PM an Admin or CK for major reasons.

See, I have Samuraid at my fingertips, which is ALWAYS a good thing when I need to ask a n00b question that can easily be answered in the Help Forum and the handy-dandy SEARCH button. That and technical problems.

rubah
01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Did you know that the Private Message system wasn't intended to be a real time chat? And your 30 second later replies are freaking creepy and remind me of when RSL would do that every now and then when he got into a hyper fit.You should think yourself lucky RSL spent his hyper fit time PMing you. You ungrateful little thing!

I've never urgently had to PM an admin

well when the pages take two minutes to load every thirty seconds because I've got a new PM and it's one of about 40 PMs that day, it could get a little aggravating xD

I kinda miss them though ;_;

No.78
01-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I've never needed to PM an admin. It doesn't seem like a common occurance :S

Little Blue
01-10-2007, 10:26 PM

So that's why you never answered / did anything about that pm I sent you all those months ago, you meanie :mad2:

*pouts*

I don't really care if they're on when I pm them, its usually just forwarding spam from users who joined 5 minutes previously. I do it so I can have a clean conscience that I snitched on someone. :monocle:

Psychotic
01-10-2007, 11:31 PM
I don't really care if they're on when I pm them, its usually just forwarding spam from users who joined 5 minutes previously. I do it so I can have a clean conscience that I snitched on someone. :monocle:You can PM a Cid's Knight with that kinda stuff if no admins are online.

Christmas
01-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Should I PM an Admin or a Cid's Knight to ask whether I should wear a hat or a cap today? :bigsmile:

oddler
01-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Headgear is a Site Staff responsibility.

Yuffie514
01-11-2007, 04:39 AM
usually, there are a few admins online when i need to PM one, which i really don't do often however.

Drex
01-11-2007, 04:46 AM
I don't bother Admins or Cid's Knights. They all hate me. :(

Jack
01-11-2007, 05:20 AM
That's because they're too busy playing with themselves upon seeing pictures of Tifa naked to pay attention here.

Captain Maxx Power
01-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Look, just do what I usually do and just sort it out yourself using hax. Honestly you people are so freakin' helpless it isn't even funny.