PDA

View Full Version : Worst RPGs in history?

Dr. Acula
01-10-2007, 09:23 AM
As the title suggests, what do you think are the worst RPGs ever?

Sudeki and Blaze & Blade are two that I can think of.

RiseToFall
01-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Beyond the Beyond really pissed me off.

-I'll name some more once I think it over.

Wolf Kanno
01-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Hydlide - It's Zelda gone retarded. You can't even tell whose taking damage in battles.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Brandish. Some old SNES game I rented a long time ago.

The screen CHANGED DIRECTION WHEN YOU TURNED. That's got to be one of the most annoying things I've ever seen in a game.

Jowy
01-10-2007, 04:47 PM
*obligatory Unlimited SaGa bashing post*

edczxcvbnm
01-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Final Fantasy VI is not only the worst RPG ever but it is also the worst game ever.

Flying Mullet
01-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Hydlide - It's Zelda gone retarded. You can't even tell whose taking damage in battles.
Oh god, I remember that game now. It was horrible. Didn't you just run into enemies (like you run into a wall) and hope that they die before you?

Skyblade
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon. A butchery of a remake that may have ended this awesome series once and for all.

Dreddz
01-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Gran Historia.

Flying Mullet
01-10-2007, 06:09 PM
These RPGs must really be bad because I haven't heard of many of them. xD

Araciel
01-10-2007, 06:21 PM
azure dreams

Mirage
01-10-2007, 06:46 PM
*obligatory 7th saga bashing post*

Madame Adequate
01-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Earthbound.

escobert
01-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Final Fantasy X-2. good lord more annoying then X. and that's hard to beat.

Bunny
01-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Final Fantasy VII.

Note: This is my personal belief, it does not reflect the majority vote. I understand perfectly well that Final Fantasy VII may very well be responsible for the current state of RPGs, but from a personal standpoint, the game was absolutely dreadful. The only reason I managed to beat it is because my desire to beat all of the Final Fantasy games far outweighed my hatred for this single game.

Rogue
01-10-2007, 08:06 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: >.> you <.< :mad:

Black Mage
01-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Final Fantasy VII.

Note: This is my personal belief, it does not reflect the majority vote. I understand perfectly well that Final Fantasy VII may very well be responsible for the current state of RPGs, but from a personal standpoint, the game was absolutely dreadful. The only reason I managed to beat it is because my desire to beat all of the Final Fantasy games far outweighed my hatred for this single game.

:up:

Though I don't think it's the worst RPG in history, I don't particularly love it, myself. Nice to see some varied opinions though.

The worst RPG I've ever played would definitely be Unlimited Saga. Either that, or Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth. I don't think Unlimited Saga needs to be explained, but Hoshigami's difficulty was just through the roof. I spent something like 14 hours in the game (Most of it grinding) and I'm on something like the 5th map. For those who do not know, it is an SRPG / TRPG.

Setzer Gabianni
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
^ Bah, there is always one that has to come in like be totally annoyed. Tis childish behaviour my dear.
I MEANT ROGUE XD

Haha..I'm glad someone came in here and was man enough to admit their dislike for FFVI XD

I haven't played a wide variety of RPG's..I would say Magna Carta, but I don't think it is one.

I'll just go with..FF1? I know it was the first FF game..but it really bored me.

Erdrick Holmes
01-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Earthbound.

Quoted for Motherfucking truth.

escobert
01-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Haha..I'm glad someone came in here and was man enough to admit their dislike for FFVI XD

I dislike VI but my hate for X and X-2 is far much worse.

Griff
01-10-2007, 08:47 PM
*curls up in corner*
Can't say FFVII, fanboys will eat me
Can't say FFVII, fanboys will eat me...

Kanshisha
01-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon. A butchery of a remake that may have ended this awesome series once and for all.Oh man that game sucked....I also found Sudeki fine at the start then it went crp until i found out i was stuck in some lab...Then i got to kill this big Mech spider and the guy who's versing it is the weakest one...How the hell do they plan this?!!?!?!?

Madame Adequate
01-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Earthbound.

Quoted for Mothersmurfing truth.

Pay attention class: When Joel agrees with something I say, it's 99% certain that I was being ironic/sarcastic/jejune.

In actuality the worst ones I can think of are Unlimited SaGa, SaGa Frontier 2, and Technomage.

Roto13
01-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Quest 64. God awful. And it was the only RPG the N64 had for ages. :P

Ryth
01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Shining Tears, InuYasha and the Secret Of The Cursed Mask, and Final Fantasy VIII.

I didn't like FFVII and X-2 either. At all. Quest 64 was also garbage.

Polnareff
01-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Brandishes 1 and 2 (the screen changing direction when turning+main character walking like a robot+bad hit detection=LAME)

Evolution. That series was boring, and poorly-contrived.

TimeStalkers on Dreamcast, no need to explain that one.

Azure Dreams on GB was pure crap.

Oh, and I 've forgotten if this counts (haven't played it in a long time) but Granstream Saga outright sucks. I remember magazines praising the hell out of it, saying it was one of the best games ever. Bought it a few days after it came out for 40 bucks and got so pissed at how crappy it was. The gameplay, graphics, everything about the game was subpar at best. In short, the biggest disappointment of an RPG ever.

Dr Aum
01-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Earthbound.

Pay attention class: When Joel agrees with something I say, it's 99% certain that I was being ironic/sarcastic/jejune.

I'm glad you clarified, because I wasn't sure at first whether you were being facetious. Had you not been, there would be much rejoicing, and by rejoicing, I mean castration. By the way, nice pun, Erdrick.

Oh, and the Final Fantasy Legend games for GameBoy suck.

escobert
01-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Earthbound.

In actuality the worst ones I can think of are Unlimited SaGa, SaGa Frontier 2, and Technomage.

I loved Saga Frontier 2 except the HORRID telling of the stories, too much jumping around. but the world was beutiful.

edczxcvbnm
01-10-2007, 11:08 PM

I preach the :skull::skull::skull::skull:tiness that is FFVI. Dude...the game just sucks. Talk about a SNOOOZE festival...rofl rofl rofl. Where is the glory of the ROFL Copter when you need it?

Erdrick Holmes
01-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Actually, I take my responce back. Xenosaga is the worst RPG ever, because it's more cutscene than game. I don't fucking care about how rediculously overcomplex the story is, I JUST WANNA PLAY and when it does let you play the game is boring as fuck. Battles feel more like chores.

Rinion
01-10-2007, 11:18 PM

It was awful, indeed.

But then, Mystical Ninja appeared! Not -exactly- a RPG, but still. Awesome game.

NeoCracker
01-10-2007, 11:27 PM
FF VIII. Bring on the burns fan boys, bring em on. I can't seem to recall a more horrible gaming experience.

Quest 64 was pretty bad, though I enjoyed playing it for some reason. Even if it was mind numblingly easy.

And Holmes must die for both of his choices. He shall suffer in the hell of my choosing for his herasy.

Erdrick Holmes
01-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Alreeady have, they kicked me out because they were scared I'd take over. *waves his Xenosaga sucks flag*

Roto13
01-10-2007, 11:46 PM

It was awful, indeed.

But then, Mystical Ninja appeared! Not -exactly- a RPG, but still. Awesome game.

Legend of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon was fucking awesome. It's like a combination of Super Mario 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (which hadn't even been released yet).

IMPACTO!

Dr. Acula
01-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon. A butchery of a remake that may have ended this awesome series once and for all.Oh man that game sucked....I also found Sudeki fine at the start then it went crp until i found out i was stuck in some lab...Then i got to kill this big Mech spider and the guy who's versing it is the weakest one...How the hell do they plan this?!!?!?!?

I HATED that part in Sudeki... Krenn (the robotic machine thingy) was probably the coolest boss in the game, but also the hardest. And Sudeki's storyline... all they did was get FF5's storyline and mulched it up in a blender, took bits and pieces out of it and threw it together again. Voila! WE have Sudeki!

Bunny
01-11-2007, 01:32 AM
For the people that said FFVI and VII. You can hate the game, but its wrong to say its the worst RPG in history, cause it isnt, no matter how bad you think it is.

I'm sorry, but according to the rules of opinions, I can and will say that Final Fantasy VII is the worst RPG in history. I played the game, I beat the game, I hated the game. It really is that simple.

But I'll go a step further. I don't know about you or anyone else here, but I have not played every single RPG there is to play. I haven't even played half of them. So those don't count in. Out of the RPGs that I have played, Final Fantasy VII counts as the worst among them. I didn't like it, so it is exactly that simple.

Bubblekin
01-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Unlimited SaGa...I tried to like it, I really did...thankfully I only paid $15 for it.

My vote, though, is for Tales of Symphonia. I haven't played any other Tales games, but man, this one was so predictable and cliche, and for some reason ever since Final Fantasy VIII, the Main Female Lead has been so annoying I've wanted to rip my eyes out. But that's another topic all on its own. Maybe I'll start one :o

NeoCracker
01-11-2007, 02:19 AM
Alreeady have, they kicked me out because they were scared I'd take over. *waves his Xenosaga sucks flag*

As I said, the hell of my choosing. There you would be chained up, dressed in a pink suit and raped by Mr. Saturn. Several of them no less.

And X-2 > VIII.

escobert
01-11-2007, 02:36 AM
No way cracker, Square should be ashamed of making X and even more so for making X-2.

Ryth
01-11-2007, 02:36 AM
And X-2 > VIII.

Quoted for truth.

And I liked Xenosaga.

NeoCracker
01-11-2007, 02:41 AM
No way cracker, Square should be ashamed of making X and even more so for making X-2.

At least X had a good ending, even though at best it was only a Decent Game.

Though I'll agree with X-2, even if it was more enjoyable than VIII.

escobert
01-11-2007, 02:43 AM
VIII sucked, I'm not going to disagree, but atleast I didn't have to listen to Tidus cry forever in VIII xD

Vermachtnis
01-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Digimon World 2, as big a fan of Digimon as I am I have to say this game is boring. The dungeons are too long and having to build up your team again and again got boring fast.

Craig
01-11-2007, 02:55 AM
ephemerial fantasia? something like that i think.

pretty bad i must say.

rih29
01-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Final Fantasy IX really made me mad.

Madame Adequate
01-11-2007, 03:03 AM

Me too, but unlike certain clowns, I don't think "Not what I expected" or "Not what it should be" translates to "Worst ever".

Polnareff
01-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Apparently, nobody has played any of the RPGs I listed to say any of the FFs or Xenosaga are the worst. Play TimeStalkers and then try to tell us FFVI/VII/Xenosaga are the worst RPGs ever. :p

Crossblades
01-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Shadow Madness is the only worst RPG I can think of

Dreddz
01-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Shadow Madness is the only worst RPG I can think of

Shadow Madness is great, end of.

Scruator
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Unlimited Saga - For reasons most who have played it will understand, just unplayable and not enjoyable in the least.

Holy Magic Century/Quest 64 - Just a game that tried to be challenging but how it was done was ridiculous and as the only RPG on the system for ages made it worse.

Vagrant Story - I really want to like this game and love the setting but the endless changing weapons, weak battle system and general gameplay never sucked me into it.

o_O
01-11-2007, 10:57 PM
azure dreams

Yeah. I was gonna say that. Azure Dreams for PSX was rubbish. The opening scene for it on GB made me shut it off, so it might just have a bad opening scene, but more likely, is also rubbish.

Laddy
01-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Suikoden IV and V, the others are great, but IV and V just suck dearly.

NeoCracker
01-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Must.... Resistice..... Urge.... To.... kill..... :mad2:

Give in, Xenosaga sucks, it's not as much of a game than it is a movie with an occasional battle every now and then. If it were an actual movie or anime it'd be good.

Like ed said, (only Xenosaga is in place of FF6) people who like XenoSUCKga have been blinded by Satan.

For the record, I like FF6 but I feel many other FF games are much better.

Also, I used to own Timestalkers on my Dreamcast, its so bad it's actually funny to play all the way through. OMG LETZ MAKE A GAME WHERE YOUR CHARACTERZ GO BACK 2 LEVEL 1 AFTER BEETING EECH DUNJUN LOL.

Lets see, you could say FF VIII is the enjoyed by those blessed with the grace of god who has killed the world off with a flood and several other disasters to wipe out poeple on massive scales.

Then, all the miracles that take blace outside christianity, aka the devils work, have helped people and saved lives.

So tell me, is being blinded by satans goodness really a bad thing?

Dr. Acula
01-12-2007, 02:04 AM
I just thought of another unbelievably bad game: BAHAMUT LAGOON.

Momiji
01-12-2007, 03:14 AM
*obligatory Unlimited SaGa bashing post*

Ugh, you beat me to it. Unlimited SaGa was HORRIBLE...I played it for around 5 minutes and traded it back right after.

And I like Xenosaga >.>

rih29
01-12-2007, 04:12 AM

Me too, but unlike certain clowns, I don't think "Not what I expected" or "Not what it should be" translates to "Worst ever".
And I think it's the worst ever because opinions exist, and because I hated almost all the aspects of the game.

Tempest
01-12-2007, 06:57 AM
Unlimited Saga. Blah, what a horrible game. I gotta wonder what Square was smoking when they pulled that game out of their *ahem* lower regions. Rented it, played it for less then an hour, never played it again.

Dragoon Kain
01-12-2007, 07:00 AM
I just thought of another unbelievably bad game: BAHAMUT LAGOON.

are you kidding me??? please stop breathing. bahamut lagoon was the sex!

Markus. D
01-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Unlimited Saga. Blah, what a horrible game. I gotta wonder what Square was smoking when they pulled that game out of their *ahem* lower regions. Rented it, played it for less then an hour, never played it again.

mhmm. I disagree.

I reckon the first hour is FAR more tolerable then most FF games.

choose a different character. for most of the part they all play differantly.

I would have to say the worst RPG IMO is...

,,, :[

cant think of many...

Tempest
01-12-2007, 07:31 AM

mhmm. I disagree.

cant think of many...
The first character I picked I couldn't figure out what to do. I had absolutely no directions. After that hour I just gave up. It was the little witch girl, I think anyways. I don't remember if I tried any other characters though.

Shadowdust
01-12-2007, 07:56 AM
WRONG! Worst game EVER! Nothing will ever be worse than FFVI. Such a damn shame that you have been blinded by the tools of Satan :choc2:

Wow, seven years have passed and in that time, even with all of the bad rpgs that have been released, you still think FFVI is bad. It's nice to know some things will never change at EoFF. ;)

Anyway, FFX-2 is the worst rpg ever. It made me sick. It's the only Final Fantasy that I couldn't stand having in my home any longer. It should not exist! I like FFX. I thought it had potential for expansion on the world, especially with the ending. FFX-2 did not take advantage of its potential. I could've found a better game out of a Cracker Jack box. :p

Big D
01-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Dragon Crystal on the Master System is probably the worst RPG I've actually played... reasonably fun, quite creative weapons, items, monsters and scenery, but just endless mazes, and details that just doesn't make sense. Like the dragon egg that follows your character around, hatches when he reaches a certain level, and grows as your level increases. Cool. But does nothing at all. And isn't explained at all. Because the game has no plot and no ending.

fantasyjunkie
01-12-2007, 09:41 AM

That game was just plain awful. Horrible game. Just Horrible. If a game could be the paragon for blandness and being generic this was it. Even the name was generic. Just, simply, horrible.

Wolf Kanno
01-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh god, I remember that game now. It was horrible. Didn't you just run into enemies (like you run into a wall) and hope that they die before you?

Yes, that's exactly how it worked, it also had the thirty letter save file system and an experience system that stopped working after you reached level two and gained a measly 1hp.

Honestly people, this is the worse RPG ever. It creates it own gravitation field as it tries to implode under the weight of it's own crappiness.

Markus. D
01-12-2007, 02:33 PM

mhmm. I disagree.

cant think of many...
The first character I picked I couldn't figure out what to do. I had absolutely no directions. After that hour I just gave up. It was the little witch girl, I think anyways. I don't remember if I tried any other characters though.

I suggest attempting the (dont remember the name.) Merchant.

it is the more straightforward out of all of them (there is no world map travel as a limitation though. so be careful).

Zeromus_X
01-13-2007, 02:35 AM
Everyone needs to stop with these childish remarks. Everyone has their own opinion, which may or may not be different from your own. You don't have to call out on somebody just because they don't share your opinion on how good or bad a video game is.

Edit: I've deleted the posts in question, and those that posted them know who they are. I'll delete any similar posts if they appear.

Bubblekin
01-13-2007, 02:48 AM

mhmm. I disagree.

cant think of many...

I suggest attempting the (dont remember the name.) Merchant.

it is the more straightforward out of all of them (there is no world map travel as a limitation though. so be careful).

Laura's quest (pink pirate chick) wasn't so bad, I took it as a strong hint when the game itself said her quest was "easy"...I got near the end of it but I can't figure out how to level up.

Was it the fact I bought it used, or did this game just not come with an instruction manual...?

aquatius
01-13-2007, 07:36 AM
I don't know if it counts as an RPG, but Shadow Gate Classic for GBC. It's so ridiculosly difficult to get anywhere with that I've had it for ages and NEVER completed it.

Roto13
01-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't know if it counts as an RPG, but Shadow Gate Classic for GBC. It's so ridiculosly difficult to get anywhere with that I've had it for ages and NEVER completed it.

Shadowgate is only crap when you compare it to Deja Vu. They're games that make you think about what to do. Where every puzzle isn't some stick-the-star-shaped-stone-in-the-star-shaped-hole crap.

chrisfffan
01-26-2007, 06:21 PM
shadow hearts was pretty bad.

edczxcvbnm
01-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Apparently, nobody has played any of the RPGs I listed to say any of the FFs or Xenosaga are the worst. Play TimeStalkers and then try to tell us FFVI/VII/Xenosaga are the worst RPGs ever. :p

Okay.

*Plays TimeStalkers*

FFVI is still the worst RPG ever made. Repent for you sins now :love: :choc2:

Raebus
01-26-2007, 06:42 PM
shadow hearts was pretty bad.

Shadow hearts = Quirky humour, a good story, memorable characters and a good battle system, so I disagree.

Erdrick Holmes
01-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Dude, FFVI may be probably the second most overrated SE game it's nowhere nearly as bad as XenoSUCKga, Quest 64, this one Gundam RPG on the PS2 I played once, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy 9, etc.

edczxcvbnm
01-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I love the gameplay in Xenosaga and I have no qualms with the movie to gameplay ratio issue. Here is how that goes in XenoSUCKga.

* = Movie
# = Gameplay

*********#********###**********###*****###****##****#######****##########*#*######*##**############# #####*****##################*****#####################

It goes from one end of the spectrum to the other by the time you beat it.

Slicksword45
01-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I love the gameplay in Xenosaga and I have no qualms with the movie to gameplay ratio issue. Here is how that goes in XenoSUCKga.

* = Movie
# = Gameplay

*********#********###**********###*****###****##****#######****##########*#*######*##**############# #####*****##################*****#####################

I agree with this sooooo much :)

I think the worst RPG i'v ever played is FFX-2. :skull::skull::skull::skull:hole of a game.

Firo Volondé
01-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Worst FF for me was FFVI. The story I found to be awful, the characters the worst battle-wise. Worst RPG? I haven't played many, but the worst would have to be Evergrace. The story made FFVI look like Shakespeare, gameplay was horribly slow and boring, and the scenery... well, let's just say it looked worse than a PSX game, and was for PS2.

Ashley Schovitz
01-26-2007, 11:50 PM

Yes yes I was wondering if anyone else heard of it. I had to put it down after only 10 min. Horrible game that was!

tidus_rox
01-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Zelda... I cant think of any bad RPGs right now so this is the worst game i cant think of. They just plain suck

Roto13
01-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Zelda... I cant think of any bad RPGs right now so this is the worst game i cant think of. They just plain suck

Even if they were RPGs, you'd still be wrong.

Takara
01-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Zelda isn't a RPG. xD

Worst RPG ever, in my opinion? While I'm tempted to say FFVII even though I might be burned at the stake for it, I would say the award goes to that one RPG on the SNES that I played back in the old days. It was so crappy, I can't remember the title (Knight something something). The graphics were horrible, the music was irritating, the gameplay was slow, and it had no plot whatsoever. Just some dudes going through dungeons and various towers solving ridiculously hard puzzles.

... I'm starting to think I have been hallucinating this game because I have such faint memories of it that it might actually never existed. Either that or it was so damn crappy that my mind refuses to let me keep any recollection of it in fear that the crappiness of it all will make me go fully insane.

Now I'll have to try to find that damn game's title because I'm morbidly curious (and perhaps a bit of a masochist).

Edit: Thinking about it, that game might not even have been a RPG, but it was still a terrible game. Wish I remembered the title, though, otherwise this will botter me to no end until I find it. Anyone else rememberes some SNES game with a dude in armor with red hair going through dungeons and towers and stuff? I think there were other knight npc dudes always meeting your charater in those dungeons whining about how the puzzles were so hard.

On another note, Temco Secret of the Stars was one of those horrible RPGs I had buried deep into my memories and which has resurfaced thanks to me looking for that other crappy game and looking at screenshots and finding some Secret of the Stars ones and going all "A-a-a-a-a-argh!"

ValkyrieWing
01-29-2007, 02:54 AM
Um...Lunar Dragon Song was just BAD. I was also severely disappointed that Y's, Ark of Naphishtim wasn't better, cause i loved the other games, but hey, can't have everything. LOL

Aww....I liked Suikoden V!! :(

Gnostic Yevon
01-30-2007, 01:16 AM
Ephemeral Fantasia -- lets make a game for the ps2. Starring an anime reject and his talking guitar. Then we'll make the gameplay just like groundhogs day. We won't give players any clues as to how to procede, even though we'll have the game set up so that you must be at a random location at just the right time. The whole thing takes place in a village that you can't leave. Oh, and this is a budget game, so use N64 graphics.

FF8 -- whiny kids, an overly complex juction system, and a plotline that involves said whiny kids getting into a time-loop. Then on top of that, the "surprise" is that all the characters were raised at the same orphanage, but they don't remember it. Why? Because of the junctioning they did. Of course they'll still junction GFs and never think twice about it, 'cause they're idiots, or they don't care.

Xenosaga -- 40 hours of movies broken up by maybe 10 hours of gameplay. Early missions include: Lets talk to the cyborgs in sickbay! Let's bring the captain dinner, and Let's examine a random computer!

Erdrick Holmes
01-30-2007, 05:49 AM

* = Movie
# = Gameplay

That still doesn't change the fact that the game sucks balls. The gameplay was thrown in as an afterthought in order for the developers to make the player think he/she is actually playing. The battle system is anal, the leveling up is a fricken chore and takes too long and is about as pointless as a trial membership at a healthclub.

Remedy
02-08-2007, 06:15 AM
I guess it would be [ Monster Rancher ]
this game is hopeless !

aquatius
02-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Monster Rancher isn't an RPG. And it is a very good game, albeit difficult, it kicks Pokemon's ass.

NeoCracker
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm surprised no ones mentioned Paladins Quest for the SNES.

Venom
02-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Final Fantasy VII. I absolutely dreaded everything from disc II onwards.

X-2 is right up there in awfulness.

Prancing Mad
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Hoshigami ewww. A totally adulterated unimproved tactics. God the frustration that goes along with that game. Stupid enemy a.i. with the whole square of death, and then the whole impossibility of killing a mage with your mage without a half hours work. Having your fighters run like sissies from this mage.

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Monster Rancher isn't an RPG. And it is a very good game, albeit difficult, it kicks Pokemon's ass.

QFMFALCTIMHO :)

Momiji
02-09-2007, 01:06 AM

No, I managed about 45 minutes of gameplay before I quit.
Unlimited Saga lasted ABOUT 15 minutes.

black orb
02-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Beyond the Beyond really pissed me off.

Luc
02-09-2007, 06:58 AM
The only two games that are coming to my head are FFX-2 and Quest 64. I stopped playing both in less than an hour. I just couldn't stand either of them.

Remedy
02-10-2007, 09:43 AM

but according to some famous web games it considered as RPG game

maybe they're right - though maybe you ;)

KazexLisa
02-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Guardian's Crusade is definitely the worst RPG EVER. Its story line is horrible:mog: Its controls are confusing:confused: :confused: and its battle system is like trying to smash Kingdom Hearts battle system onto a fixed stnace battle:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: (Fixed stance means you don't move the charcter around basically FF 1- 10)

Jessweeee♪
02-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Guardian's Crusade is definitely the worst RPG EVER. Its story line is horrible:mog: Its controls are confusing:confused: :confused: and its battle system is like trying to smash Kingdom Hearts battle system onto a fixed stnace battle:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: (Fixed stance means you don't move the charcter around basically FF 1- 10)

OMG I WAS GONNA MENTION THAT!

It wasn't to my liking, but it was more of a children's game than a hard-core RPG player. It's one of those games that you just love, even though everyone else thinks it sucks. (I'm not one of those people, but I didn't really hate it all that much)

Croyles
02-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Final Fantasy X-2. I really enjoyed X, but X-2's turn to j-pop culture and completely stupid plotlines and annoying girlish scenes made my head throb.
Id imagine there are much worse RPGs, but ive played mostly good ones.

Moon Rabbits
02-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Earthbound.

YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT.

K-chan
02-12-2007, 03:07 AM
Emphemeral Phantasia (or however it's spelled)

I always meantion this when these kind of thread pop up. There was this continuous time loop going on in the game, where if you didn't fix this stupid watch at the EXACT time in a certain place that was impossible to find, you' have to watch the 'bad ending' and start right back at the begining. Plus it had a talking guitar that was incredibly annoying. >>

Queen Anthai
10-05-2007, 10:04 AM

Shadowgate is my favoritest game ever on the NES, as demonstrated in my sig. I thought it was effing brilliant and complex and difficult as anything. It took me two weeks just to get past the entrance to the castle because I didn't think to check the skull! After that, though, smooth sailing. There are tons of clues within the game itself if you just look at everything. And who doesn't love the Sphinx riddles?

Nowadays, I can beat the game front to back in nineteen minutes flat. I've had several people stopwatch me on this. So if you ever want to give it another shot, by all means, consult me. I'd love to help. :)

This is because Paladin's Quest was MADE OF AWESOME. Come on, you cannot freaking tell me you did not think it ruled your [um, rear end, but in expletive form] once you got into Saskuot.

As far as the worst RPG ever? Was no one other than me frustrated to the point of washing her hands entirely of Ultima IV: Quest Of the Avatar? I have words for that game that would make James Rolfe blush.

Araciel
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
i think i remember this thread...yup posted in it.

Rostum
10-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Cool, someone's reviving old threads!

Worst RPG: Quest 64.

Karellen
10-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Shadow Madness is pretty fucking bad.

MJN SEIFER
10-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Final Fantasy X-2. I really enjoyed X, but X-2's turn to j-pop culture and completely stupid plotlines and annoying girlish scenes made my head throb.
Id imagine there are much worse RPGs, but ive played mostly good ones.

FF has always followed the J Pop culture. I love it.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-05-2007, 07:03 PM
This thread is 8 months old. Don't revive threads this old.