PDA

View Full Version : Best Moments in Anime

JKTrix
01-10-2007, 01:46 PM
From anime you've seen, what are some of the best moments you can remember? Note that I didn't particularly ask for favourites, though it can overlap. For example, not stuff like: "My favourite moment was when *character* was killed. He sucked." cuz while you may have greatly enjoyed it, it wasn't exactly a 'great' moment.

For me, there is a moment in episode 26 of Eureka 7, where Eureka and Renton reunite in mid-air in the middle of a pretty big battle in the sky. It probably doesn't seem so epic from that brief description, but if you had watched the show up until then it is a really big moment. There's a whole bunch of stuff leading up to that point that would be difficult to type here, especially to avoid spoilers. The beautiful and smooth animation and the upbeat music in the background do nothing but add to the experience. This episode is probably the most-played video file on my computer, I'm sure I've watched it on more than 30 different occasions in over a year since I've had it.

I think the DVD with this episode will be DVD 6, which comes out in March. There are several other highpoints in E7 that have made it rise to be in my top 3 anime of all time, but this definitely reaches the furthest.

I have more that I can contribute another time, but I'd like to see what other members here can remember. I know there are quite a few magical girl fans here, so I'm expecting some Sailor Moon and perhaps Card Captors stuff to pop in.

Mo-Nercy
01-10-2007, 02:03 PM
Asuka's death in NGE is the highlight of the series for me. I've favourited this scene on YouTube so I can watch it whenever I feel like it.

Can't think of any more at the moment.

Polaris
01-10-2007, 02:06 PM
The final of Chrno Crussade when Rosette and Chrno died setaed outside with their heads resting in each other :whimper: It was amazing!

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu episode 12. God knows.

That's all I need to say.

Also, the entirety of episode 11/13, Day of Saggitarius. Bloody brilliant.

JKTrix
01-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Darn Void, I was saving that one for later :P But while we're on that topic, I'm gonna branch out a bit.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/ouendanharuhix2.png
Someone, make it happen.

Rengori
01-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Turning the TV off during Naruto.

Madame Adequate
01-10-2007, 10:11 PM
In Azumanga Daioh.

vorpal blade
01-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Just about any moment in Ruroni Kenshin.

To be more specific, the ending of Hotaru no Haka (grave of the fireflies). The ending is just so sad, not just because of the death, but the song really enhances the feeling.

And the part of FullMetal Alchemist where Ed goes through the gate and ends un in London during WWI
And the ending of the series. I just like the way it's told (through a letter to Winry) and the song they play.

escobert
01-10-2007, 10:16 PM
When Silver Knight comes back to The World and saves Shugo from the Ceroulion Knights. in .HACK//Legend of the Twilight

Armisael
01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Asuka's death in NGE is the highlight of the series for me. I've favourited this scene on YouTube so I can watch it whenever I feel like it.

Can't think of any more at the moment.
Same for me! The End of Evangelion dvd, has a scratch because i have viewed this scene a million times! The battle with MP Evas and then the sad part!
Gotta love the background music, "Air" is one of the best classic pieces ever!

Markus. D
01-10-2007, 11:43 PM
The first time you see Tsukasa get killed in Dot Hack//SIGN.

okay. more stuff...

the first seen where you see Edward traveling in search of food with Ein in Cowboy Bebop... talk about trip out ~_~

Moon Rabbits
01-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Well, you all like to not mark spoilers. Luckily, I've seen all of/don't plan on seeing everything posted so far.

.hack//SIGN had some pretty neat scenes. Anything with Subaru pretty much rocked, especially when she and Tsukasa were walking around holding hands and she was all tattered and such.

Sailor Moon has some pretty great scenes. Like when Usagi sees Mamoru get impaled by Zoicite and she re-awakens.

Also, the Fight of Ten Warriors or whatever that episode was called in R when the Senshi fight the Wierd Sisters and Moon protects Chibiusa and it's all "OMG EMOTIONAL".

Queen Beryl vs. Queen Serenity = amazing too. Even in the English dub it was great. Actually, I prefer the voice acter in the dub in that scene, she's much more emotional and moving ;o~

StarlightAngel
01-11-2007, 03:26 AM
Haruhi Suzumiya, Episode 6 (By chronological order). When they are in the dream. <333

I also rather liked the part in Escaflowne when the Escaflowne turns black and Hitomi has to go get Van out of Atlantis.

NeoCracker
01-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Ginji Amano the Lightning emperor Vs. Kurodo Akabane aka. Dr. Jakcyl. Pick one of their fights, they all rocked, especially their first encounter.

THe entire Bebop movie was amazing, especially the ending. Bebops ending is also the best ending in any anime.

Even though DBZ is kind of stupid now, I still love it when Buu first awakens.

The entirety of Azumagna is amazing, though my favorite part being, "Mr. Kimura, why did you become a teacher?"
"Because I like High School Girls! Thats Why!" and then all the boys crying at his honesty.

Rye
01-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Three words:

"Oh mah gaaaah~" - Azumanga Daioh

Vermachtnis
01-11-2007, 03:45 AM
Either when Tomo is chasing a bug and the entire room is in choas except for Osaka who is chasing the fuzzes on her eyes in Azumanga Daioh.
~or~
The entire episode of Ranma 1/2 when Ranma makes Happosai mad and he has to suffer his "wrath".

XxSephirothxX
01-11-2007, 05:44 AM
Naota swinging the bat in FLCL.

The end of Cowboy Bebop--the show, not the movie. The movie was good, but the show's ending was far and away more powerful.

The episode of Rahxephon in which Ayato kills Asahina.

The last episode of Berserk.

I could go on, but those are some of the biggest that immediately come to mind. I think FLCL and RahXephon had the more powerful moments of the four I listed.

JKTrix
01-11-2007, 12:44 PM
I was definitely going to bring up that one scene in RahXephon if noone else did. That scene literally changed my life and I think I cried when I first saw it in 2002.

RahXephon was one of the first few anime I was into on fansubs, but up until that point I was just under the impression that anime was 'cool'. After all, all I had seen up until then was Cartoon Network/kid's WB stuff. When I got into college, a new friend exposed me to fansubs, and I started out with RahXephon, Zone of the Enders and another show I can't remember. RahXephon in particular blasted open my view and appreciation of anime, and remains at the top of my all-time favourite list. I have a gorgeous box set that contains all the DVDs and the movie, possibly my most prized DVDs.

Also, the first episode I'd ever seen of FLCL (a couple weeks ago :P) was the one where the kid swung the bat. It was pretty cool, but that is one weird show :P

Fatal Impurity
01-11-2007, 01:12 PM
One of the best scenes in anime was in outlaw star when hilda sacrificed herself for the team (just so emotional and epic) plus the last episode of outlaw star when final battle the unity of Melfina and Gene is just awesome!!!

Plus end of magic knight rayearth was pretty significant and cool....plus the end of Ghost in the Shell when Major Kusanagi gets a new shell it just brings a whole element of mystery to the ending.

But my favorite moment of all time has to be the end of Ninja Scroll when Kagero dies and her and Jubei have an emotional moment together before Jubei goes for his vengence against Genma....

*~Angel Wing~*
01-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Turning the TV off during Naruto.
lmao :lol:

omg there are so many good anime moments...:love:

Roto13
01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
I was definitely going to bring up that one scene in RahXephon if noone else did. That scene literally changed my life and I think I cried when I first saw it in 2002.

Nerd. :P

Whenever someone dies in End of Evangelion.

When Lucy kills all of those children and awakens as a... whatever the hell they were called in Elfen Lied. Also, when it's revealed that Lucy killed Kouta's family.

Oh god. The first episode of Gundam Wing when Releena gives Heero an invitation to her party and everyone claps, and then he rips it in half and drops it on the ground. Then as he's walking past, he whispers into her ear; "I'm going to destroy you," or something along those lines. That was awesome.

Nominus Experse
01-11-2007, 10:02 PM
The ending of Cowboy Bebop and Berserk are ones that come instantly to mind.

Aemilius Blight
01-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Ausuka's mental breakdown in episode 22 of Evangelion (Directors Cut).

The ending of Cowboy Bebop.

The opening scene in episode 1 of Elfen Lied, and pretty much everything in episode 8.

Asahina's death in Rahxephon.

Bähbem's death in the Rahxephon movie.

Pretty much every scene that involved Osaka in Azumanga Daioh. Athletic Carnival episodes in particular though.

Tima's 'death' in Metropolis.

I'm probably missing a few that I will kick myself for later. Oh well.

Shiny
01-12-2007, 01:09 AM
As mentioned previously, the end of Real Folk Blues Part 2 (Cowboy Bebop). It was touching to say the least.

NINJA_Ryu
01-12-2007, 01:25 AM
In FLCL, when the main charachters robot(forgot name) emerges for the first time, fot the awesome kick to the bad robot RIGHT when "Little Busters" by The Pillows starts in.

If i wasnt so tired, it would be alot more coherent :(

Gokalia
01-12-2007, 01:54 AM
well anime favorites are hard but maybe in Full Metal Alchemist on the last episode (warning spoilers if you like FMA and havn't seen the last episode)

When Ed dies and Al gives his life up for Ed to be alive again though Ed gave his life up to give all his body and life back :)

PeTeRL90
01-12-2007, 02:27 AM
lolspoilers. Seriously, some of that material should've been covered up by the spoiler tags.

But for me, it was the final episode of Elfen Lied. Really powerful stuff to me.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-12-2007, 02:38 AM
Oh, also, Death Note. We'll just call them "the most dramatic writing in the world" and "the most dramatic opening-of-a-bag-of-chips in the world."

Hambone
01-12-2007, 03:12 AM
The part in Kill Bill Vol. 1 where young O-Ren Ishii kills the guy that murdered her parents. I don't watch anime lol. I'd like to buy season 1 of InuYasha and give it a try. What anime(s) do you guys think I should watch?

Aemilius Blight
01-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Good anime

ie not InuYasha

Roto13
01-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Oh, also, Death Note. We'll just call them "the most dramatic writing in the world" and "the most dramatic opening-of-a-bag-of-chips in the world."

Not to mention the most dramatic game of tennis in the world, and the most dramatic notebook-opening in the world.

Mitch
01-12-2007, 03:44 AM
In Fullmetal Alchemist when Maes dies Sad but brilliant.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Most of the final episodes for any season of Sailor Moon, always gets me worked up. Same as the ending of Gundam SEED. Another moving moment is the ending of Ai no Kusabi. One of the best Boy's Love OVA in my opinion.

Dr Aum
01-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Hm, so many. How about in Wolf's Rain, when the characters finally reach "paradise", or in End of Evangelion when Komm Susser Todd plays and the Third Impact occurs, or maybe in Gravitation when Shuuichi freezes on stage, only to have Ryuuichi saunter up to him singing a stirring arrangement of Sleepless Beauty. I could go on for days, so I'll stop myself here.

JKTrix
01-12-2007, 02:55 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/harukik.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/harukikani.gif

Watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, coming soon(?) (http://asosbrigade.com/)to DVD. This show is awesome.

starseeker
01-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Episode 2 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Ep 1 chronoloagiclly), where Haruhi takes a pic of the head of the computer club clutching Asahina's breast (she forced him) and then blackmails him into giving her the best computer in the room and wiring it up to the internet. It's just classic.

JKTrix
01-12-2007, 05:55 PM
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3448/grab3ed.gif
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/488/kick9fg.gif

As a note, (if you haven't seen that far into the show yet), that is the Computer Club President that she's dropkicking in my previous post.

That anime has so many golden moments.
MIKURU BEEEEAM!
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1430/mikurubeamsmall9xb.gif

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Let's not forget all of the cool stuff Nagato Yuki does either, such as in the Cave Cricket episode or the one where she faces off against Ryoko.

Scruator
01-12-2007, 08:12 PM
1. Fullmetal Alchemist - When Ed faces off with Roy and Greed.

2. Evangelion - The 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 17th Angel attacks were amongst the most dramatic scenes I've seen in any anime. The 15th and 17th stand out for their use of Hallelujah Chorus and Ode to Joy.

Eiko Guy
01-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Many many moments in Tenchi universe,Tokyo,and muyo. When ryoko bares her soul it just amazes me.

Wolf Kanno
01-13-2007, 08:59 AM
The entire movie "Macross: Do You Remember Love?" it takes the best of the Macross series and makes a beautiful movie. The scene where Lynn Minmei sings "Do You Remember Love?" during the final battle against the Zentran and Metran above Earth is one of the greatest moments in anime.

FLCL, the scene where the girl follows Kanti as he strolls through the river and winds up in the school. "Hybrid Rainbow" is playing, and you watch him take off into flight. The scene and music fit perfectly.

The story in "Robot Carnival" about the man who is secretly building this female robot. When she turns out to be more human than he imagine, he destroys her. The guilt follows him through life. Later, when he is very old, she reappears before him as an angel taking him to heaven. The whole story is amazing:love:

Also the entire movie of "Tenchi Muyo In Love". I don't like time travel stories but this is quite possibly the best written and most touching story the Tenchi series has ever done outside of the OVAs and manga. Highlights include any scene with Achika.

Ichimonji
01-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Eureka Seven - The entire second half of the series. The first half is good too, but it really picks up on the second half. The relationship between Eureka and Renton evolves into a very touching dramatic escapade, as well as the acting gets more gruesome and emotionally intense. Most notable moments without ruining everything would be, whenever Holland does something crazy (like jump out of an LFO into his own), when Renton realizes that he's been killing people, the entire Ray and Charles sequence of events, and the ending. Man, I love that show.

Scrapped Princess - Nearing the end when Pacifica loses her memory.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - All of it. This anime will make you cry.

I just want to note that there are a ton of excellent anime out there that I've seen but I cannot remember specific details to. Animes such as Fullmetal Alchemist, Last Exile, Onegai Teacher, and Basilisk. I remember them all being really good. The three that I've listed doesn't signify the best of the anime I've seen, but rather details I can remember.

Yew-Yevon
01-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Desert Punk: when Ganta gets ass kicked be Junco

Auragaea
01-13-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm not a fan of anime at all, but the ending of Metropolis was really amazing.

YTDN
01-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Episode 14 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I just love it when Kyon tells Haruhi that she looks good in a ponytail, and they kiss, and at the end of the episode when Kyon arrives at school at sees Haruhi with her hair in a ponytail, and says 'Looks good on you'. It's such a sweet moment.

Roto13
01-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Gantz when Katou and Kishimoto die.

Zeromus_X
01-13-2007, 09:34 PM
I really like when Spike falls out of that chapel window in that episode 'Ballad of the Fallen Angels' of Cowboy Bebop. It's all with the awesome chorus and it's so pretty and everything.

Eiko Guy
01-14-2007, 05:16 AM
UMM when kiddo died in Zatch Bell. It made me cry. Or when Zofis destroyed Pamun's book I was like "KILL THAT HERMAPHRODITE"

Wolf Kanno
01-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I have to add this...

Kare Kano, the episode where Miyazawa realizes she loves Arima and tries desperately to tell him with comical results. The episode ends beautifully when the two of them are in a student council meeting together and she chances it and decides to grab his hand from under the table. The two of them blush and look at each other as this beatiful redition of the opening them is played. It was so romantic:love:

It probably hits a chord with me cause I had a similiar thing happen to me in real life... I wanted to be with them and I didn't know how to tell them so I took their hand and held it tight...

JKTrix
01-17-2007, 12:35 PM
If none of you have seen Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, I also highly reccomend it. It is one of my favourites, and is very visually appealing. My jaw dropped during this particular scene.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/gansuou06.jpg (http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=926)
It is completely mesmerizing in motion. This is one of the images that has stayed with me long after first seeing it 2/3 years ago.

Check out Gankutsuou if you can, it is highly worth it.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/gansuou04.jpg