FPS - Doom 64
RPG - Gran Historia
Sports - Red card Soccer
Fighting - Bloody Roar 4
Action/Adventure - Renegade
Ever - Revolution X

Madame Adequate
01-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Some people are just retarded, it seems :oscar: Here's a clue, don't make me beat it into you with my clue-by-four: A game which is playable and has solid controls and graphics and whatnot is not the worst in the genre. This I guarantee.

Worst ever: Hugo

Old Manus
01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Hugo made me happy in the pants.

vorpal blade
01-10-2007, 09:54 PM
You mean Hugo as in Hugo's House of Horrors? And that one where he's in the jungle? I loved those games!

Madame Adequate
01-10-2007, 09:56 PM
You mean Hugo as in Hugo's House of Horrors? And that one where he's in the jungle? I loved those games!

No, I mean the one which was like those Saturday-morning phone-ins on kid's TV where you yelled the direction/action for the character to do and two seconds later he'd do it. This was translated into videogame form, pressing buttons instead of yelling. The entire thing was one big :skull::skull::skull::skull: minigame that was terrible even in the original form, and would have been laughed at in the 70s.

Edit: Hugo the troll. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_%28troll%29

Shoeberto
01-10-2007, 10:02 PM
The worst game ever is Guilty Gear X because all you do is fight. I mean c'mon. You fight. And the campaign takes like 20 minutes to beat and all it is is fighting. All of the characters are exactly the same thing. They punch and kick... wtf? That's not fun. And it's all anime crap for wapanese otaku kids. The only useful thing about this game disc was that I could break it in half and use it to cut myself after playing this sad excuse of a game. Score: -5000000 out of 10.

Tavrobel
01-10-2007, 10:06 PM
RPG: Final Fantasy X2

That's the only genre that I care about.

Roto13
01-10-2007, 10:07 PM
List them like this

Worst ever: Grand Theft Auto Vice City
RPG: Final Fantasy X2
First Person Shooter: Blood 2
Fighting: Soul Calibur 2
Action/Adventure: Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Sports: Any racing game except for Sonic R and Mario Kart
MMORPG: Star Wars Galaxies

So this is the games-that-Joel-thought-were-going-to-be-better-than-a-sex-pizza-but-were-only-simply-awesome-so-now-he's-bitter-about-them thread.

Madame Adequate
01-10-2007, 10:09 PM
When's he not bitter?

Worst MMO was D&DO anyway.

Shoeberto
01-10-2007, 10:13 PM
He does have a point about SWG being bad, just because it's horribly broken, according to my MMO junky friends.

But I'm about positive there's much worse MMOs than SWG and D&DO; they just don't make you pay a $50 admission fee.

Polnareff
01-10-2007, 10:34 PM
RPG: Evolution, TimeStalkers

Fighting: SNK vs. Capcom Chaos, Rise of the Robots, any Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear X (so boring)

Sports: NBA Jam Extreme

Action/Adventure: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (GBA), Rise to Honor, Superman 64

vorpal blade
01-11-2007, 08:04 AM

No, I mean the one which was like those Saturday-morning phone-ins on kid's TV where you yelled the direction/action for the character to do and two seconds later he'd do it. This was translated into videogame form, pressing buttons instead of yelling. The entire thing was one big :skull::skull::skull::skull: minigame that was terrible even in the original form, and would have been laughed at in the 70s.

Edit: Hugo the troll. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_%28troll%29

Wow, that does sound lame.

KentaRawr!
01-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Since I always get main-stream stuff, this is going to be pretty hard.

Worst ever: Bad Dudes
RPG: Neopets
First Person Shooter: Chex Quest
Fighting: Mortal Kombat
Action/Adventure: Metroid Prime: Hunters (Well, they expected me to call it an adventure game, even though in that aspect, it sucks.)
Sports: I never played any sports games but one. Can't compare.
MMORPG: Runescape
Racing: Sonic R
Action: Bad Dudes
Puzzle: Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

Roto13
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
No way. The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. That's instant awesomeness right there.

Madame Adequate
01-11-2007, 04:45 PM
He does have a point about SWG being bad, just because it's horribly broken, according to my MMO junky friends.

But I'm about positive there's much worse MMOs than SWG and D&DO; they just don't make you pay a $50 admission fee.

Oh, not gonna deny that SWG sucks nowadays at all. It's the only one he's close to correct about, actually. (Well, never played Sonic R so I can't comment on that. Edit: Never played Blood II either, actually.)

Now allow me to do a Joel:

Worst FPS: Half-Life 2
Worst RPG: Final Fantasy IX
Worst RTS: Total Annihilation
Worst Fighting: Tekken 2
Worst Sports: Pro Evolution Soccer
Worst sRPG: Final Fantasy Tactics
Worst Platformer: Crash Bandicoot
Worst Racing: Gran Turismo
Worst Action-Adventure: Tomb Raider

Raistlin
01-11-2007, 04:56 PM
The worst game ever is Guilty Gear X because all you do is fight. I mean c'mon. You fight. And the campaign takes like 20 minutes to beat and all it is is fighting. All of the characters are exactly the same thing. They punch and kick... wtf? That's not fun. And it's all anime crap for wapanese otaku kids. The only useful thing about this game disc was that I could break it in half and use it to cut myself after playing this sad excuse of a game. Score: -5000000 out of 10.

I just gained so much respect for you.

NBA Live 07 has to be one of the worst sports' game I've ever played. And I played sports' games on the SNES.

Scruator
01-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Worst ever: Rise of the Robots
RPG: Unlimited Saga
First Person Shooter: Ecks Vs Sever
Fighting: Rise of the Robots
Action/Adventure: Devil May Cry 2
Platformer: Donkey Kong 64
Sports: Pro Evolution Soccer 5
Racing: Gran Turismo series

KentaRawr!
01-11-2007, 08:37 PM
No way. The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. That's instant awesomeness right there.

As awesome as it would be if Bush was captured by Ninjas, the fact that you have to save him makes the game suck even more.

StarlightAngel
01-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Worst MMORPG: Tibia

Cruise Control
01-11-2007, 09:02 PM
RPG: Final Fantasy 2.
Shooter: Killzone: Liberation (even after giving it some leeway for being on PSP)
Driving: Mario Kart (SNES)
Platformer: McKids

Roto13
01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Driving: Mario Kart (SNES)
Platformer: McKids

Incorrect.

Captain Maxx Power
01-11-2007, 11:02 PM
I make a point of generally not playing games I know are rubbish by word of mouth, but here goes.

Worst RPG : Dragon Quest 1. Seriously, it's slow, boring, and tedious to the extreme
Worst Action : Grand Theft Auto All Of 'Em
Worst PS2 Title I've Ever Played Bar None : Metal Gear Solid 2
Worst Emulated Game I've Ever Played : Back To The Future 3

o_O
01-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Worst ever: Azure Dreams
RPG: Azure Dreams
Fighting: Soul Blade
Action/Adventure: Gobliins
Sports: Sydney 2000

Erdrick Holmes
01-12-2007, 12:18 AM

Finally, another sane person

Roto13
01-12-2007, 01:07 AM

Finally, another sane person

That was sarcasm.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Worst ever: Rise of the Robots
RPG: Unlimited Saga
First Person Shooter: Ecks Vs Sever
Fighting: Rise of the Robots
Action/Adventure: Devil May Cry 2
Platformer: Donkey Kong 64
Sports: Pro Evolution Soccer 5
Racing: Gran Turismo series

You die today.

Scruator
01-12-2007, 08:17 PM
You die today.

I feel fine happily enough. My reason for that was RARE just screwed it up and was nowhere near fun enough to the likes of Banjo Kazooie and was a huge disappointment going with what they created beforehand.

More pointless tasks to do/things to collect does not mean more fun.

Slothy
01-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Well unlike Joel, I'm not going to make a list that amounts to seeing how many poular games I can say are crap in one post for the purpose of creating some controversy :eek: .

Worst FPS: Rainbow Six (N64)
Worst RPG: Quest 64 (the worst I can think of right now)
Worst RTS: Star Wars:Empire at War
Worst Fighting: Ehrgeiz
Worst Sports: I'm going to say any fishing game, but only because fishing bores me and I don't play nearly enough sports games to be specific.
Worst Platformer: Donkey Kong 64
Worst Racing: That Mega Man racing game that appears in the Mega Man X collection.

Erdrick Holmes
01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
The worst game ever is Guilty Gear X Suikoden II because all you do is fight random encounters. I mean c'mon. You fight. And the campaign takes like 20 minutes hours to beat and all it is is fighting and grid based combat. All of the characters are exactly the same thing. They punch attack and kick use magical runes... wtf? That's not fun. And it's all anime crap for wapanese otaku kids. The only useful thing about this game disc was that I could break it in half and use it to cut myself after playing this sad excuse of a game. Score: -5000000 out of 10.

Fixxxed just to make the fanboys cry.

And for the record, the games I listed actually are steaming piles, no matter how badly you like them doesn't change the fact that they suck. I've played video games for about twenty years, I've been around the block long enough to tell when a game is bad or not. No amount of story telling or fanboy bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: can make a game good.

sephirothishere
01-13-2007, 02:43 PM
HOLMES YOU FOOL!!!!!

but seriously.... this kinduh thing never gets peopel anywhere....

JUS GO HOME PEOPLE!!!!
JUS GO THE FUNK HOME!!!!!

Mo-Nercy
01-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Hm.

Worst Fighter: Mortal Kombat Advance (A shoulder button to run? How about no.)
Worst Racing: Tourist Trophy (Too bloody realistic and unforgiving. I can't imagine that racing a real motorcycle would be any less hard.)

:eep:

Momiji
01-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Worst ever: Unlimited SaGa
RPG: Unlimited SaGa
First Person Shooter: I dunno. I think they're all pretty mediocre.
Fighting: The Street Fighter series (waits for the barrage of flames)
Action/Adventure/Platformer: The Jak and Daxter series
Sports: ALL sports games suck. However, I can tolerate racing games.
MMORPG: Tibia

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Well unlike Joel, I'm not going to make a list that amounts to seeing how many poular games I can say are crap in one post for the purpose of creating some controversy :eek: .

Worst FPS: Rainbow Six (N64)
Worst RPG: Quest 64 (the worst I can think of right now)
Worst RTS: Star Wars:Empire at War
Worst Fighting: Ehrgeiz
Worst Sports: I'm going to say any fishing game, but only because fishing bores me and I don't play nearly enough sports games to be specific.
Worst Platformer: Donkey Kong 64
Worst Racing: That Mega Man racing game that appears in the Mega Man X collection.

Oh it's on now

Madame Adequate
01-16-2007, 12:54 AM
The worst game ever is Guilty Gear X Suikoden II because all you do is fight random encounters. I mean c'mon. You fight. And the campaign takes like 20 minutes hours to beat and all it is is fighting and grid based combat. All of the characters are exactly the same thing. They punch attack and kick use magical runes... wtf? That's not fun. And it's all anime crap for wapanese otaku kids. The only useful thing about this game disc was that I could break it in half and use it to cut myself after playing this sad excuse of a game. Score: -5000000 out of 10.

Fixxxed just to make the fanboys cry.

And for the record, the games I listed actually are steaming piles, no matter how badly you like them doesn't change the fact that they suck. I've played video games for about twenty years, I've been around the block long enough to tell when a game is bad or not. No amount of story telling or fanboy bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: can make a game good.

Joel, your cries for attention are just boring now. They're not amusing, and they're far too obvious to actually create any kind of dramah. Just give it up, you know?

Vermachtnis
01-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Worstest: Fighting Force (PSOne)
RPG: Digimon World 2
FPS: The AeroSmith Game
Fighting: Naruto: Ninja Counsel
Worst Sports: Madden 19XX/20XX
Worst Racing: Need For Speed

blim
01-16-2007, 02:54 AM
worst ever: Simpsons wrestling, that really sucked

Realm25
03-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Worst Game Ever - Happy Feet DS
Worst RPG - FF10-2
Worst FPS - Turok Evolution
Worst Sports - *Any* baseball game
Worst Racing - F-Zero
Worst Action/Adventure - a LOT of people are going disagree, but Prince of Persia The Sands of Time.

Araciel
03-03-2008, 09:26 AM
When's he not bitter?

Worst MMO was D&DO anyway.

Good gods yes...and here I thought I only hated it due to my D&D fanboyism.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Old thread, Realm25. Do not resuscitate.