PDA

View Full Version : New Info and Pics

Snap Jumper
01-10-2007, 09:13 PM
ff-xiii.net (http://www.ff-xiii.net)

Upon the information that was talked about earlier, more scans, as well as information was brought up.

Final Fantasy XIII
FFXIII Cover
Scan 1
Scan 2
Scan 3
Scan 4
Scan 5

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Scan 1
Scan 2
Scan 3

FInal Fantasy Agito XIII
Scan 1
Scan 2

Some of the information was posted before, however some are also new.

Information

Final Fantasy XIII
The male's name is related to weather, but not related to Lightning, he is 33cm.

The summons have greatly changed, as Shiva is now able to turn into a bike, and supports more then one element.

There seems to be a hard time with the battle system when you are with the bike however, but it is possible to use the bike while in battle.

The Crystals in the game have the power to "Invent" something.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII
The Game play is similar to that of Kingdom Hearts, but it is still being worked on.

The Hero does have his limits, he is able to teleport for a short while to where he throws his weapons.

FInal Fantasy Agito XIII
This game will be brought to the cellphone at the end of 2007

Besides the picture, the entire game will be in 3D

The Hero is suppose to be protecting a crystal.

Source: FF7AC Reunion and Nekogagotoku Blog.

Note: This is once again a rough yet a pretty accurate translation, a more accurate one, will be completed soon.

Date: January 10, 2007 | Updated By: Zexion

So Shiva can turn into a bike? Wow will she be able to move. But, it says the new guy is 33cm. Hmmm....33 inches is less than a yard long, and a cm is smaller than an inch. 33 cm is just over a foot. He couldn't be just a foot tall, could he? Any ideas as to what that could really mean?

RiseToFall
01-10-2007, 09:28 PM
WTF - Shiva turns into a bike, that's just fucking retarded.

LunarWeaver
01-10-2007, 10:08 PM
A bike, lol. I hope Ifrit turns into a helicopter.

No.78
01-10-2007, 10:15 PM
WTF - Shiva turns into a bike, that's just smurfing retarded.

Every darn game, why do people like you exist? Just accept it and get over it!!!

Anyway, I don't understand where these Agito screenshots are coming from... This is a mobile phone game right? It looks way too good, I mean, can a phone really have a 3D game? Or am I living in the past??? Oh wait, nevermind I think I just answered my own question...

(just seems too good graphically to be on a phone :s)

atlanteay
01-10-2007, 11:39 PM
LOL!!! 33 cm!!!!!!!!!!! and shiva into a bike xDDD leviathan must be a ship then :p this is smurfing funnny. The only thing that's interesting me right now would be the agito one because it's not ridiculous.

RiseToFall
01-11-2007, 12:21 AM

Every darn game, why do people like you exist? Just accept it and get over it!!!

You obviously don't read too many threads around here. I was one of the only people who was supporting this game and telling everyone to wait before they pass judgment on it. But I'm sorry, a summon like Shiva turning into a motorcycle just sounds incredibly stupid to me, no matter what anyone says.

Edit:http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8278/ffxiiips4gw0.jpg
Look at that :skull::skull::skull::skull:, Shiva is not supposed to have wheels.

atlanteay
01-11-2007, 12:44 AM
it looks like there's a wheel on her head. So that means you ride on her tummy because her head is like the front wheel and her feet or something are the back wheel. O.o....... how awkward

i admire their creativity though. Who would've thought Shiva can become a bike?

Dynast-Kid
01-11-2007, 01:43 AM

Same here.

I know it's an...interesting...idea, but I think it's kinda neat.

Aerio
01-11-2007, 02:25 AM
Even magic is suppose to be "technology" instead in this game, so I am not suprised that summons are more than meets the eye.

No.78
01-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Now we can say "I'm riding shiva"

Crossblades
01-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Even magic is suppose to be "technology" instead in this game, so I am not suprised that summons are more than meets the eye.

Perhaps SE are fans of Transformers:p

Anyway, transforming summons is a pretty interesting concept. I want to see how this works in gameplay

RiseToFall
01-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Alright, getting off the whole Shiva turning into a bike topic, here is some more info on XIII and Versus XIII from IGN.com

January 10, 2007 - Following up on the latest series of trailers that were first aired at the Jump Festa event in Tokyo late last year, Famitsu has scored interviews with the key personnel behind the Fabula Nova Crystallis series to shed some light into how things are going with the next generation of Final Fantasy.

The magazine first confirms some of what we gathered from the main Final Fantasy XIII (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/826/826843.html) trailer, an updated version of the E3 trailer with a few new scenes and a prologue section. In the main FFXIII game, the world is split into two parts: Cocoon and Pulse. Cocoon is a space colony that houses a few million people. Pulse is everything outside of it.

For the people of Cocoon, Pulse is a frightening place. Those who come into contact with it are believed to be elements of a plot to invade Cocoon and are banished from the protections of the Cocoon realm by the "holy" government and its army. The original E3 trailer depicted a group of people who seemed to be confined on a train. These people had come into contact with Pulse and were being quarantined.

Cocoon is protected by crystals. This may not necessarily be the case for the rest of the games in the Fabula Nova Crystalis series, but the crystals in FFXIII are more than just shiny stones with magic abilities. They have the ability to create real life objects. They make life easy for people in Cocoon by creating machines and living creatures.

The relationship between Cocoon and Pulse can be thought of as this, according to director Motome Toriyama. First, there was Pulse, a dangerous world where people reside under the fear of monster attack. Cocoon was made when the crystals considered what would be an appropriate living space for people forced to reside in the world of Pulse.

[!]start image table [/!]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/754/754310/final-fantasy-xiii-20070110040743058-000.jpg (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826843/img_4159363.html)[!]end image table [/!]As mentioned in our writeup on the Jump trailer, the female character who is assumed to be FFXIII's main character is known as Lightning, although that's not her real name. A battle expert with mastery of gun, sword, hand-to-hand, and magic based combat, Lightning knows little about herself. In fact, she's not even sure of her real name, and Toriyama says that we should look forward to finding out the reason for this as part of the storyline. Lighting was once a high ranking official in an organization of some form. Now, according to the prologue that kicks off the trailer, she's been selected as an enemy to all of man kind and will bring destruction to the world.

The trailer also served as the debut of a second character, a blonde-haired guy who speeds in on a motorcycle as Lightning finds herself surrounded by government troops. While the magazine doesn't provide any details on this character, it does provide some surprises about his motorcycle. Famitsu reveals that the bike is a transformed version of Shiva, the water-based summon spell that makes a brief appearance in the Jump trailer. In FFXIII, Shiva takes the form of a sister pair, and both sisters are made up of bike parts, complete with a wheel behind the head. Toriyama wouldn't spill the details, but hinted that you might be able to ride the transformed Shiva in battle, in addition to using it as a means of transportation when outside of battle.

Once again, most of the details in this latest update have been saved for the main FFXIII title, with only tiny bits coming our way on Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Mostly, Famitsu describes what went on in the Jump trailer, itself an extended version of the E3 trailer, but there are a few details that we missed during our initial viewing.

At the beginning of the trailer, as the main character speeds down a highway in the back seat of a car, he's listening to a news broadcast on the radio. This broadcast describes how two countries have come to a treaty about peaceful use of crystals.

Crystals have a different role in the Versus world, director Tetsuya Nomura explained to Famitsu. In Versus, crystals exist only in the main character's country. A long cold war revolving around these crystals, has, as suggested by the news broadcast, at last begun to clear.

[!]start image table [/!]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/754/754310/final-fantasy-xiii-20070110040742277-000.jpg (http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826843/img_4159361.html)[!]end image table [/!]One point of interest in the trailer regards the main character's eyes and features, which seem to change based on his moves. During battle, his eyes are red, and when he darts from place to place, his hair flashes white. Director Tetsuya Nomura revealed to the magazine that, while nothing has been confirmed, it's possible that his eyes will change to other colors as well, including green.

Nomura offered a few hints on the kind of battle system we can expect from Versus. The trailer shows the main character selecting from a number of different weapons to defeat the hundreds of enemy soldiers that stand before him. The various weapons in the game will have different methods of attack, and some will even be usable as shields. Weapons will have some sort of customization element. Of course, the main character won't have his full arsenal available to him at the outset of the game.

While everything we've seen of Versus so far has been CG concept footage, Nomura revealed that we will at long last get to see the game running on actual PS3 hardware some time this year.

But before that, let's hope Square Enix is good enough to make the Jump trailers available for download so that everyone can have a look at the latest from FFXIII.Link (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/754/754310p1.html)

No.78
01-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I LAIK-

Totally knew the deal about her name all along.

Miriel
01-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Ok.

The bike thing. That's seriously like the funniest thing, ever. Freakin' lol.

Levian
01-11-2007, 10:08 PM
oh my god xD

Biker Shiva

sexymonkey
01-11-2007, 10:27 PM
can anyone translate the agito scan, ign didn't bother

skillzboy4
01-12-2007, 04:07 AM
shive on a bike ahhaha ok im officially worried about this game, but i dont want to judge yet because right now nothing is worse than Final fantasy XII.

No.78
01-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I need to see FFX Shiva on a motorbike fanart plz.

Darth Anarcus
01-12-2007, 06:21 PM
I'll bet that Shivacycle sure does make one's butt awefully cold.

Dynast-Kid
01-12-2007, 11:40 PM
i dont want to judge yet because right now nothing is worse than Final fantasy XII.

Ummm, NO.

And did anyone else notice that the article states Shiva as the water summon. Does that mean another summon has taken her place? Or is it a mistake by the writer?

RiseToFall
01-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Actually, I think IGN just made a mistake. Good of you to point that out though.

Dynast-Kid
01-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Actually, I think IGN just made a mistake. Good of you to point that out though.

Yeah, that's what I figured. But I still wouldn't put that past good ole' Squeenix.

And why am I so stoked for riding the Shivacycle through battle?...

Snap Jumper
01-13-2007, 02:27 AM
I guess she would be an icicle :p It sounds interesting to me, and with all of Lightning's abilities, I am looking forward to this.

Aerio
01-13-2007, 02:29 AM
To the shiva = water question, the other more vague translation states she pertains to more than one element now. Maybe since there are appearently two shivas (according to the other translation), one is ice, the other is water. I doubt that though.

atlanteay
01-13-2007, 03:27 AM
but but but shiva can't be about waterrrr!!!!!! that's leviathan's element!!! :mog:

Croyles
01-14-2007, 08:25 PM
lol this is cool

Laddy
01-15-2007, 03:57 AM
GET OVER THE BIKE! Yeah, it's different, but really, you laughed at FFXII, looked how that turned out. :p

No.78
01-15-2007, 12:13 PM
I thought it said Shiva gained an extra element, I think she's ice and water. I mean she's blatently using water attacks in the screenshots.

atlanteay
01-15-2007, 05:24 PM
which took away the need for leviathan xP i liked it better when they stuck to the originals. A bike? come on... and shiva has always been ice elemental so why did they decide to change that :confused: there's no gain to it except maybe one less summon to gain and one less summon to model and render.

actually, riding the leviathan would be more realistic than shiva:p

Crossblades
01-16-2007, 06:00 PM
New info pertaining to the Summons

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2007/011407a.html

Final Fantasy XIII will see the return of the ATB system, with little to no delay between when the command is given and the action occurs. The game will also see a departure from the summons' typical roles. Summons will have the ability to change forms in battle, for instance Shiva can transform into a motorcycle that the heroine can ride through the battlefield. Summons will no longer be limited to just one element. In addition, the crystals will give the characters the ability to create certain things, though no specifics on this system were given.

Croyles
01-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Its cheesy, yeah, but I like it. I think its a completely unoriginal idea, but a cool one!

No.78
01-17-2007, 07:55 PM
I dont think it's unoriginal. I think it's a nice step forward. SE just wants us to be more open minded. They thought with 12 "lets surprise them with a whole new set of summons!!"

Then its like "Omg, they're so whiney! Okay lets bring back the oldies in 13... But, make them radically different"

They're compromising with the fans =D

I think Ifrit will be fire and earth then.

farplaner
01-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm just not going to comment on the "Shivabike." ...well, ok, that's not entirely true: It does sound pretty ridiculous at first hear, but it could turn out OK.

I really don't understand why some of you guys are so quick to judge. It would be a sad day for justice if you were all rounded up for jury duty...

I'm liking the initial tidbits about the story. It has a kind of "Logan's Run" thing going on. :tongue:

Ouch!
01-21-2007, 06:53 PM
To the shiva = water question, the other more vague translation states she pertains to more than one element now. Maybe since there are appearently two shivas (according to the other translation), one is ice, the other is water. I doubt that though.
Considering the fact that I can clearly see two Shivas in that picture earlier in the thread (they're facing each other, one with its back to us), I don't doubt it.

No.78
01-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I thought it was two pictures of the same shiva... Well either way, it's ice AND water...

Wolf Kanno
01-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Shiva's a bike...????!!!! Perhaps we should rename the project? Instead of Fabula Nova Crystallis we should rename it Final Fantasy: TO THE EXTREME!!!! *cue explosions in the background and a riff from a heavy metal guitar;)

I find the sci-fi action trailer and now this whole bike nonsense is just ridiculous and really disappointing. Now the plot sounds intriguing. I really like this idea and I'm willing to stomache "Shiva bike" and the overuse of sci-fi as long as Tetsuya promises not to screw up the story. He always comes up with creative ideas and then screws them up when trying to flesh it out. I'm willing to be open minded about things but honestly, I think FFXIII is really starting to push it.

Cumulus Cloud
01-22-2007, 08:57 AM
heh...hopefully the will be BETTER than the plot of ffxii, despite my love for the game....
maybe bahamut's elements will be time and space....his element in fft was time....he could turn into an....airship? sorry i'm not the best on ideas

No.78
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
I guess if a summon was to become an airship Bahamut is the best choice...

Avarice-ness
01-23-2007, 02:00 AM
Does the game honestly have to try to be so 'extreme' looking. I'm starting to sense this will be another FF to make my heart cry.

The blue hair'd guy in Versus looks like Sasuke. :(
Agito people look like they combined Harry Potter with Fate/Stay Night. ; ;

Mercen-X
04-26-2007, 10:55 PM
And did anyone else notice that the article states Shiva as the water summon. Does that mean another summon has taken her place? Or is it a mistake by the writer?She's obviously a watery creature as shown in the pic. None of the XIII summons has a singular element, so . . . that means Leviathan will be about Wind and Thunder and Ifrit is Earth and Fire.

Anyway, I'm still stoked on the Transformers Movie releasing July 4th. So Transhiva doesn't bother me.

Roogle
04-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Does the game honestly have to try to be so 'extreme' looking. I'm starting to sense this will be another FF to make my heart cry.

The blue hair'd guy in Versus looks like Sasuke. :(
Agito people look like they combined Harry Potter with Fate/Stay Night. ; ;

I agree. It seems like the trailers and scans attempt to show the most extreme environments possible. I hope that the game itself will not try to make every single location like that; I want to see a quiet village. No entire world can be that exciting, you know?

Mercen-X
04-27-2007, 11:14 PM

The blue hair'd guy in Versus looks like Sasuke.
Agito people look like they combined Harry Potter with Fate/Stay Night.When this happens I only become concerned that the turnout will be like Event Horizon . . . they show all the best stuff in the previews and when you watch it, the rest of it is crap.

The guy only looks like Sasuke 'cause his eyes turn red like he's got Sharingan.
I figure Agito's grouping looks more like the massive army of Soul Reapers on BLEACH. Then again. I guess the same could be said of the Turks and Organization XIII.

Jessweeee♪
04-28-2007, 12:13 PM
WTF - Shiva turns into a bike, that's just smurfing retarded awesome.

B)

Yar
05-07-2007, 12:22 AM
This game looks great so far, yet remains such a mystery. I wish Squenix would reveal more info about it.

Thank god for Google Ads...

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/7827/ffxiiitin6.png

Rodney
05-19-2007, 01:58 AM
Aw, a guy's the main character again? FF is becoming more and more predictable now.

tidus_rox
05-19-2007, 03:13 AM
I dont see why all of you are against the whole shiva cycle thing. I think it is very cool and a good thought. I would love to ride Shiva :)

Agrias
05-19-2007, 06:24 AM
The graphics look amazing.

Hazzard
05-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Aw, a guy's the main character again? FF is becoming more and more predictable now.

Who said a guy is the main character? No one did.

Vivisteiner
05-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Lightning's the main character

33cm refers to his shoe size. Hes supposed to be huge.

The new trailer impressions: Final Fantasy XIII--2007 Square Enix Party Trailer Impressions - PlayStation 3 News at GameSpot (http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasy13/news.html?sid=6170689&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1)

Damn the closed theatre.

atlanteay
05-19-2007, 07:12 PM
i'm really disappointed at the lack of new info and pics =(

Monol
05-21-2007, 03:56 AM
Well i suppose whether you like it or not its safe to say this...Shiva is gonna be the coolest ride ever!! :D hehehe im suprised no ones said that yet! :cool:

nirojan
05-21-2007, 06:47 PM
it looks like there's a wheel on her head. So that means you ride on her tummy because her head is like the front wheel and her feet or something are the back wheel. O.o....... how awkward

SHIVA IS A GUY!!
(reminding you that SE is basing the summon on a Hindu god which is clearly a GUY!!)

Croyles
05-21-2007, 07:29 PM
SHIVA IS A GUY!!
(reminding you that SE is basing the summon on a Hindu god which is clearly a GUY!!)

We know, we know. *Slaps walking encyclopedia* :D

Markus. D
05-26-2007, 12:00 AM

You obviously don't read too many threads around here. I was one of the only people who was supporting this game and telling everyone to wait before they pass judgment on it. But I'm sorry, a summon like Shiva turning into a motorcycle just sounds incredibly stupid to me, no matter what anyone says.

Edit:http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8278/ffxiiips4gw0.jpg
Look at that :skull::skull::skull::skull:, Shiva is not supposed to have wheels.

and yet it still looks bloody spectacular~~~

Ender
06-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Not sure if this was pointed out, but the transforming vehicle summon is not exactly unprecedented. In FFIX, Ark is an airship-type thingy that transforms into a robot before unleashing 'Eternal Darkness.' Granted, you can't ride it, but this is only the next step.

I for one, am interested/excited to see where they go with this. If there is a good story-related reason for why summons/guardian forces/etc. should also be vehicles, I think it could turn out to be a nice twist on same-old-same-old.

Amin_Strife
07-15-2007, 12:28 PM
It looks awesome. It's an original idea the Shiva motorcycle thing..we just have to see how it works out.*dies for new info and screens*><

Desert Merchant
07-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Square Enix just released a new picture of the FFXIII shiva. I have it here.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/Shan0006/FF%20Pics/NewShiva.jpg

Vivisteiner
07-15-2007, 05:53 PM
^OMG, HAWT!!!

Northcrest
07-24-2007, 05:21 PM
If I could get at least more pics or info of characters I could give out a opinion. I think that the Shiva/Bike idea is gonna be great. That Bahamut Airship statement stated before I hope is true.

Rodney
08-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Lightning's the main character

33cm refers to his shoe size. Hes supposed to be huge.

So it is a guy, then. Bleh.

xXsarahXx
08-07-2007, 12:33 PM
it certainly sounds interesting to say the least.
Im just hoping it doesnt turn out to be a huge dissapointment like FF12 was to me :( im playing that at the mo but its crapness is enfuriating me!!
I hope this one turns out ok.

Rafale 4
08-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Shiva's a bike, you can travel vast places fast.

A bike, lol. I hope Ifrit turns into a helicopter.

Ifrit is a tank, he can blow up places and enemy where you couldn't do or go.

Leviathan is a submarine.....

Bahamut is ''lord of the skies'' Army SS Jet Mach4 with Mega flare capacity weaponry...

So, as always, this means you'll get Bahamut at the end of the game ''what else is different...''.

I don't think this is their greatest of ideas....
should seriously reconsider, even if some people says it's too late! It's only too late when the game is release and they can't change it anymore!

Rodney
08-30-2007, 06:16 AM
I don't know. I like the trailers for this game, but I'll need more info than what we've got.

Snap Jumper
08-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Hopefully more information will come from TGS, which begins Sept. 20.

Breine
09-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Shiva is still hot whether or not she's a bike or a summon with a deliciously curvy body :shifty: