PDA

View Full Version : We had to give a one minute speech about the most important issue to the world....

Sakura
01-10-2007, 11:45 PM
I gave mine on the war in Iraq :p
I lost 2 points out of 20 because my speech was 2 seconds too short

It was most important issue

To the world

To families

To "insert your cities name"

To health issues

So what do you think :p?

Christmas
01-10-2007, 11:46 PM
I lost all my points cause mine was so long that I can't even post it. :(

Martyr
01-10-2007, 11:49 PM
You were trying to give a speech about the most important issue in the world and could only manage to crank out 58 seconds?

That's... really... badass. In some absurd kind of way.

I'd talk about world hunger and how it isn't my fault starving people in other countries are too stupid to learn to farm and kill animals, but that I'd be willing, provided I was given enough grant money, or provided I was rich and bred, to fix that raging epidemic.

blackmage_nuke
01-10-2007, 11:54 PM
You should have ended with "any questions?"

-

Sakura
01-10-2007, 11:54 PM
You were trying to give a speech about the most important issue in the world and could only manage to crank out 58 seconds?

That's... really... badass. In some absurd kind of way.

I'd talk about world hunger and how it isn't my fault starving people in other countries are too stupid to learn to farm and kill animals, but that I'd be willing, provided I was given enough grant money, or provided I was rich and bred, to fix that raging epidemic.

The war costs 1 billion a day :p and it's been going for like four or five years

Well if you were like 10 seconds or more too long with your speech you lost just as many points, I just got nervous and talked quicker than usual ;_;

Besimudo
01-13-2007, 02:19 AM

Adam Smith noticed that Capitalism was a major issue in this. The trade mechanism ensures that some humans fill themselves to obesity, while others starve. As you know, the trade mechanism is determined not by prices (until Bretton woods collapsed 1973) but militaristically!:choc2:

Hence, being stupid has little to do with their predicament. It is merely endemic to imperialist preponderance. Maybe the starving countries lost their farmers to the slave trade?

Back on topic ... Why is it that oil producing countries are poor while oil consuming nations are rich? Imperialism is the best explanation ... and it dates back centuries in the Middle East thanks to Britain and latter America.

Perhaps the poorer countries need to learn how to kill and defend themselves from the bigger ones. :mog:

Croyles
01-13-2007, 09:45 PM
For a presentation I would say that all problems lie in the fact that the central banks give out money while demanding interest and compound interest. This means people have to pay them back with money that doesnt actually exist and leads to people working harder from generation to generation just to stay equally or even less wealthy, and at the same time leads to irresponsible people going crazy in the stock market, making one person stupidly rich and hundred of thousand others stupidly poor. :D
At the moment the world is trying to progress just for progresses and the central banks' sake.
At least I WISH it was that simple.

Besimudo
01-14-2007, 11:47 PM
For a presentation I would say that all problems lie in the fact that the central banks give out money while demanding interest and compound interest.

The IMF's policy has been overhyped. Less loanable funds have been issued to LCDs, so can we take this as being indicative of repayment?:mog: It depends who's side your on. ;)

Sakura
01-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Well everyone has to make a living!

krissy
01-15-2007, 12:50 AM
^ weapon companies too? the ones supplying the troops currently in the war you talked about?