PDA

View Full Version : Forever Fantasy

Eiko Guy
01-11-2007, 12:36 AM
What would you do if final fantasy changed to forever fantasy because its never ending.

Rocket Edge
01-11-2007, 12:41 AM
A truely awkward question, but interesting at the same time.

I would like for the FF franchise to hold onto it's name, and i think Square would never change it at this stage anyway, so it's all good. :up:

ljkkjlcm9
01-11-2007, 01:16 AM
Well there's a reason behind the name, so there is no point in changing it, but it'd be funny if they made a new game called Forever Fantasy, and there was only one game, no series

THE JACKEL

oddler
01-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Well there's a reason behind the name, so there is no point in changing it, but it'd be funny if they made a new game called Forever Fantasy, and there was only one game, no series

THE JACKAL

I find myself agreeing with you too much. :p

Martyr
01-11-2007, 02:18 AM
What would I do?
As in, what action would I take?

I think that I would do nothing, since I have been determined top play FF7 for years and still haven't even bothered to look for it while I'm browsing around a store.

How would I feel? Like an orphaned child. Maybe an onion kid.

Yuffie514
01-11-2007, 04:43 AM
it's not much of a bad alternative considering the others i've seen, but i would like the name to stay original.

Darth Anarcus
01-11-2007, 05:07 AM
I don't think any sort of media can go one forever, and that everything has to end sometime. Let's say that the final apocalypse of Earth is around the year 3,000. Do you honestly think that they will keep making Final Fantasy games for a thousand years? I don't think so. Are popular serials from Roman or even Medieval time still continuing until today? Are even popular series from the 1800s still continuing today?

See, nothing will ever continue forever because it is impossible. It will come to a close once mankind's tastes change, as it always does.

NeoCracker
01-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Let's say that the final apocalypse of Earth is around the year 3,000. Do you honestly think that they will keep making Final Fantasy games for a thousand years?

Yes. Yes I do.

If VIII and X couldn't end the seiries, no way in hell the end of the universe can.

Bunny
01-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Final Fantasy will continue to be a mainstay in the gaming industry for as long as it is a cash crop for Square-Enix. And also, the current backstory for the name matters little, as the original post asks about a change.

What would I do? Probably nothing.

I look at the name Final Fantasy as having to deal with the fact that, aside from a few [mistaken] games (that should've never been made in the first place) and a few staples in the series (Cid, Chocobos, etc.) each game is different from the last. Stories, characters, scenary. It is the final story for that game, the fantasy.

But hey. I'ts 1:08 in the morning and I am sleepy as hell. I've also only had about 6 hours of sleep this week. Soo.. incoherence.

vorpal blade
01-11-2007, 07:09 AM
What would you do if final fantasy changed to forever fantasy because its never ending.

I hope they don't. I like the irony of its current title and hope that millions more will point it out.

THE JACKAL

That's a great idea. Truly awesome! And they should make it a scifi game.

DarkLadyNyara
01-11-2007, 08:00 AM
I'd be dissapointed because then I wouldn't be able to make necrophillia jokes about the title. :(

THE JACKAL

What he said. :D

Captain Maxx Power
01-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Forever Fantasy would be even more an erroneous name than Final Fantasy, due to the fact that the loss of energy throughout the Universe means that, unless Dark Matter exsists, the Universe will eventually reach high-levels of entrophy, thus ending all of exsistence and time. At that point, Final Fantasy would indeed be completely final. It cannot be forever.

Darth Anarcus
01-11-2007, 02:39 PM
If VIII and X couldn't end the seiries, no way in hell the end of the universe can.
Probably because FF8 is more well-liked than some people give it credit for, as is FFX, but not by quite as much. It is FFX-2 that is the unforgiveable sin, and thankfully it's only happened once so far.

Bunny
01-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I hear bad things about Dirge of Cerberus. :P

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-11-2007, 03:02 PM
What would I do? I would do nothing. It's not in my interest to change my whole opinion on something following something as minor as a name change, well as long as it's reasonable one

No.78
01-11-2007, 03:25 PM
If they were to make a spinoff with all the FFcharacters in it that's not kingdom hearts (which they wont and I dont want them too), Forever Fantasy would probably be the best name for it!

Avarice-ness
01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
It wouldn't really matter to me much, I just restarted FFXII last night, if I can get through alteast 1/3rd of it Yay, if I can't then I'm tired of bad FF's so FFXII will be my last FF.

But then again, maybe a flashy name change would be good?

Darth Anarcus
01-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I hear bad things about Dirge of Cerberus. :P
I thought it was great.:) But that really doesn't count as it is a spinoff.