PDA

View Full Version : Last Night, This Morning

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-11-2007, 01:05 AM
So yeah, first and foremost I'd like to say fuck drugs. Second, never mix pills with alchohol.

This is about me mixing pills and alchohol and my near death experience with it :D. So yeah, pleasent little topic. Well it started out me going to a party, a friend of mine gave me some Concerta to use whenever, I normally don't pop pills but I also don't like to pass up on altering reality for a moment in time. So anyways I head to this party, I take a Concerta, this little pill screws me up pretty well. I end up drinking a couple cans of beer (I normally know not to mix the two, but I was seriously fucked up), then I black out for a good hour or two. I'm told later on I popped two more pills and smoked. At first I thought I was gonna be dead, but after a couple hours I was fine and assumed nothing serious would happen. I went home around 3am, was up due to the pills, then around 7am my life had reached a critical and I'd say fatal stage. Aside from the obvious dizziness that usually occurs when someones drunk, my body started numbing up, my heart was pumping incredibly fast, my blood pressure was fluctuating like crazy, and I could hardly breath correct. This occured continuously for a good 4-5 hours before it finally ended. I decided to "fight my biology" instead of succumb to the intense drugs I had taken, I decided to walk around in circles, tame my breath, watch my blood control, keep a positive attitude, etc.. All of which are Not easy when you have so many symptoms against you. I gurantee if I had just laid on my bed I'd either be in shock or had passed on, what motivated me the most though was the fact that my hands seemed to be completely numb, curling in an odd fashion which wasn't controllable, following up next with my back, stomach, head and legs.

Anyways, I know I made an incredibly stupid mistake, so no need to mock or ridicule me. Life is too precious to let a thing like a pill completely destroy it and take it away, so I beg the members on this board Never to to do such a thing like taking drugs or ever mix a pill (of any sort) with alchohol. I learned my lesson, I'm done with drugs of all sorts, you have an entire lifetime to achieve great things, it's a shame we commit to such stupid mistakes.

Point is

DON'T DO DRUGS

Peace.

Kanshisha
01-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Hmmm... I'm disappointed in you man... But i guess most of us can't resist temptations...But lucky your still alive and lived to see another day...

Vikeve
01-11-2007, 01:21 AM
I'm 14 and I already know a handful of people whose lives are becoming screwed up do to drugs.:mad: I'm glad you alive and well.:)

blim
01-11-2007, 01:24 AM
True, doing drugs is stupid, dangerous and a waste of money. Still i've had some good times and continue to do so. But then i'm stupid.

Leeza
01-11-2007, 01:32 AM
We all make mistakes and I'm glad to hear that your bad experience has given you a new perspecitive on things and will turn your life around for the better. :)

Roto13
01-11-2007, 01:44 AM
I disrespect you somewhat less now.

escobert
01-11-2007, 02:46 AM
Second, never mix pills with alchohol.

isn't this common knowledge?
and this is why I hardly drink and don't do pills, so why not say don't drink and take pills then say "drugs are bad" because for someone like me who just smokes pot, it's really not that bad.

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-11-2007, 03:17 AM
Drugs aren't good for you in general, so does it matter?

escobert
01-11-2007, 03:31 AM
then why did you do them in the first place? You should find out about pills before doing them. Now concerta is a crappy ass pill to be taking to get fucked up, it's like ciddie adderal or ritalin.aka cheap mans coke. If you had known this then you might have known why your body acted like that ;)
You have to remember this is general chat, I'm not going to give you a serious answer as long as this thread is here ;)

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-11-2007, 03:39 AM
Because I didn't really take the warnings seriously, and though I drank with a speed pill I blacked out and wasn't really aware that I had taken the other two.

Nominus Experse
01-11-2007, 10:01 AM
If you are going to pop pills, research them first. Because if you do not educate yourself thoroughly in what it is you are taking, you are going to look a right and stupid fool - as you well know.

Do you even realize what Concerta (methylphenidate) is? It's fucking Ritalin. You popped a bunch of Ritalin in your system.

And further more, when popping pills, you have to become a self-educated pharmacist/doctor and realize what medications you are and have been on in the last few MONTHS or WEEKS.

Although a personal question, you could have suffered from adverse and nigh fatal side effects if you have been on an MAO-inhibitor in the last 14 days. The most common ones being: socarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), and selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam).

Further more, it's a stimulant, so as with any stimulant, if you have any of the following, you're at a high risk of developing or outright experiencing terrible side effects...

Glaucoma
A personal or family history of tics (muscle twitches) or Tourette's syndrome
Or a congenital heart defect;high blood pressure
Heart failure, heart rhythm disorder, or recent heart attack a personal or family history of mental illness
Psychotic disorder, bipolar illness, depression, or suicide attempt;
epilepsy or other seizure disorder
A history of drug or alcohol addiction.

And what are the serious side effects of taking an overdose of Ritalin? These:

Symptoms of an overdose may include vomiting, agitation, tremors, muscle twitching, seizure (convusions), confusion, hallucinations, sweating, fast or pounding heartbeat, blurred vision, dry mouth and nose, and fainting.

Sound familiar?

Honestly, popping pills is not dangerous if you can self-educate yourself, but simply blindly floundering about with pills and alcohol is going to land you in a hospital bed swiftly and mercilessly.

But it seems you learned your lesson. Glad to see you had the will and determination to fight through it - not all desire life, whether the situation is grim or not...

And another thing I want to ask: what colour were they, and what shape were they? Depending on the size and colour, I could tell you what dose it was.

Jojee
01-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Sounds pretty serious o_O I woulda called 911, dunno why you didn't D: Lucky you survived. o.o

Mirage
01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I actually have a prescription for concerta :p, and yes, it's is ritalin, but in doses that get released at regular intervals, making one pill last an entire day.
A normal dose makes me normal, as I'm usually hyperactive, a double dose makes me really hyper. You taking 3 pills would be really bad, and even worse combined with alcohol. They would all be overlapped too, because they last for a good 16 hours each.

Myself, I've taken ritalin and had a drink afterwards. For some persons that need ritalin, it works fine, but for others, not at all. It worked fine for me, but I didn't take a full dose that time. The reason we're told not to drink alcohol in conjunction with our meds is that the effects combined with alcohol are unpredictable at best, not because they always have really bad effects.

Btw, ritalin is basically a sort of amphetamine :p.

NeoCracker
01-11-2007, 11:02 AM

and this is why I hardly drink and don't do pills, so why not say don't drink and take pills then say "drugs are bad" because for someone like me who just smokes pot, it's really not that bad.

Pot still is bad for you. Not as bad as most people seem to think, but still bad, but meh, really not that big of a deal to me.

The funny thing about this thread is that even though he said he's done with drugs, people are sitting here lectureing him on seeing what to do before taking pills and you should make sure your not on certain things before you take pills, as since he's off drugs these things are really pointless.

Anyway, good your still alive.

Nominus Experse
01-11-2007, 12:24 PM
The funny thing about this thread is that even though he said he's done with drugs, people are sitting here lectureing him on seeing what to do before taking pills and you should make sure your not on certain things before you take pills, as since he's off drugs these things are really pointless.

Because what people say is not always what they do.

Bunny
01-11-2007, 12:54 PM
This occured continuously for a good 4-5 hours before it finally ended. I decided to "fight my biology" instead of succumb to the intense drugs I had taken, I decided to walk around in circles, tame my breath, watch my blood control, keep a positive attitude, etc.. All of which are Not easy when you have so many symptoms against you.

Doesn't anyone else find it mildly amusing that he had the ability to do this while under the effects of the combination, but he didn't have the knowhow to say "Hey, alcohol + pills = bad combination, I don't think I will do this!"?

I don't have to worry about mixing drugs or alcohol. Because I don't do drugs and I abhore the taste of alcohol.

Giga Guess
01-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Rather than jumping on the trash Taurus bandwagon, I'm gonna say that at least you learned your lesson and lived to tell about it. Hopefully the lesson sticks though, because next time you may not be so lucky.

Christmas
01-11-2007, 01:50 PM
WHO KNOWS, YOU MIGHT MAKE A CURE FOR AIDS THROUGH THINGS LIKE THIS. :bigsmile:

escobert
01-11-2007, 01:50 PM

Pot still is bad for you. Not as bad as most people seem to think, but still bad, but meh, really not that big of a deal to me.

This is GC dammit not EoEo! If it were EoEo I may have given .2 seconds of thought for the posts I made, but it's not so whatever I type comes out my ass!

NeoCracker
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM

This is GC dammit not EoEo! If it were EoEo I may have given .2 seconds of thought for the posts I made, but it's not so whatever I type comes out my ass!

I love you burt.

Jess
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Once I took some paracetemol and drunk. I was ill. It made me iller. :(

I don't do drugs! I'm glad you learnt a lesson. It's a shame that sometimes people don't learn until something like this happens, though. I'm lad you see how bad it is for you now, though. :jess:

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-11-2007, 10:07 PM
If you are going to pop pills, research them first. Because if you do not educate yourself thoroughly in what it is you are taking, you are going to look a right and stupid fool - as you well know.

Do you even realize what Concerta (methylphenidate) is? It's smurfing Ritalin. You popped a bunch of Ritalin in your system.

And further more, when popping pills, you have to become a self-educated pharmacist/doctor and realize what medications you are and have been on in the last few MONTHS or WEEKS.

Although a personal question, you could have suffered from adverse and nigh fatal side effects if you have been on an MAO-inhibitor in the last 14 days. The most common ones being: socarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), and selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam).

Further more, it's a stimulant, so as with any stimulant, if you have any of the following, you're at a high risk of developing or outright experiencing terrible side effects...

Glaucoma
A personal or family history of tics (muscle twitches) or Tourette's syndrome
Or a congenital heart defect;high blood pressure
Heart failure, heart rhythm disorder, or recent heart attack a personal or family history of mental illness
Psychotic disorder, bipolar illness, depression, or suicide attempt;
epilepsy or other seizure disorder
A history of drug or alcohol addiction.

And what are the serious side effects of taking an overdose of Ritalin? These:

Symptoms of an overdose may include vomiting, agitation, tremors, muscle twitching, seizure (convusions), confusion, hallucinations, sweating, fast or pounding heartbeat, blurred vision, dry mouth and nose, and fainting.

Sound familiar?

Honestly, popping pills is not dangerous if you can self-educate yourself, but simply blindly floundering about with pills and alcohol is going to land you in a hospital bed swiftly and mercilessly.

But it seems you learned your lesson. Glad to see you had the will and determination to fight through it - not all desire life, whether the situation is grim or not...

And another thing I want to ask: what colour were they, and what shape were they? Depending on the size and colour, I could tell you what dose it was.

They were red and said (if I remember correctly) ajax 54. They were shaped like any normal cylinder pill, except the edges were a but softer and shorter.

Doesn't anyone else find it mildly amusing that he had the ability to do this while under the effects of the combination, but he didn't have the knowhow to say "Hey, alcohol + pills = bad combination, I don't think I will do this!"?

I don't have to worry about mixing drugs or alcohol. Because I don't do drugs and I abhore the taste of alcohol

It slipped my mind and I've been known, along with my family, to have a pretty bad memory. Nobody else there seemed to remember or warn me either.

Also when you're on the verge of death and can feel your body giving out, you'll have the motivation to live. I wanted to survive and did all I could to do so. I don't see why the will to live is mildy amusing.

Please do not double post. ~ Leeza

Nominus Experse
01-11-2007, 10:15 PM
My guess would be that you were given a 10 or 20 mg does of Methylin or perhaps a 18 or 36 mg does of Concerta.

For what it's worth now...

Old Manus
01-11-2007, 10:24 PM
<s>Get me in touch with your dealer</s> Sounds like a pretty bad experience. Say no to drugs and yes to an education.

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-11-2007, 10:51 PM
LMAO wtf

NorthernChaosGod
01-13-2007, 04:39 AM

How is that even possible, the majority of people say it's practically harmless. It can't possible be harmless.