PDA

View Full Version : As I promised earlier, albeit in a different thread...

Giga Guess
01-11-2007, 06:16 PM
My rubber band ball. In all it's glory, with a few items around it for perspective. No measurements yet, so...yeah.

To give this a topic, what completely meaningless thing are you proud of?

Sergeant Hartman
01-11-2007, 06:34 PM
My empty swear box :cool:

Jowy
01-11-2007, 06:42 PM
The bottle of Crystal Pepsi I have on my nightstand. It's so awesome.

escobert
01-11-2007, 06:45 PM
My collection of random wooden masks. or my suit of armor. Or maybe my stein collection. who knows my room is full of random things. as am I!

Roto13
01-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Holy hell. That thing has grown quite a bit since I last saw it. O_o' (You posted a picture of that in your LJ a while ago, right? Or am I losing my mind?)

I'm proud of... hmm... well, I have a silk painting of Sonic and Knuckles I made in high school. It sucks horribly, but I love it so nyah.

I also have a dinky little sword that's kinda nifty.

Giga Guess
01-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Holy hell. That thing has grown quite a bit since I last saw it. O_o' (You posted a picture of that in your LJ a while ago, right? Or am I losing my mind?)

I'm proud of... hmm... well, I have a silk painting of Sonic and Knuckles I made in high school. It sucks horribly, but I love it so nyah.

Actually, what I posted in my LJ was when Whit went on vacation, I wrapped the little stuffed animals she left behind in elastics. But since then it's still grown immensely nevertheless.

Roto13
01-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Actually, what I posted in my LJ was when Whit went on vacation, I wrapped the little stuffed animals she left behind in elastics. But since then it's still grown immensely nevertheless.

Oh, god, yeah that was frigging awesome XD!!! Like, four inches of elastic around each one. XD

Bunny
01-11-2007, 07:14 PM
So how long did it take you to construct that behemoth ball? I have two, each the size of a larger bouncy ball. I made them in about an hour and a half each. Boredom at work, oh yes I feel it.

I'm not really proud of anything I have. ;P

Giga Guess
01-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Months. It has taken me a good long while to do it. Not to mention I had one before this, but it got stolen... :(

Jowy
01-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Do you remember the episode of Clarissa Explains It All where Ferguson made a rubber band ball too large to fit through the door when the World Records committee showed up? You should do that.

Giga Guess
01-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Do you remember the episode of Clarissa Explains It All where Ferguson made a rubber band ball too large to fit through the door when the World Records committee showed up? You should do that.

Just going until I can't fit elastics on it any more (That said, some of them are pretty stretchy, so you never know...

Rocket Edge
01-11-2007, 07:29 PM
That rubber ball is :cool:

I have a 5 litre empty smirnoff bottle in my room filled with copper moneys!

fire_of_avalon
01-11-2007, 07:31 PM
The bottle of Crystal Pepsi I have on my nightstand. It's so awesome.
xD Fantastic. A friend of mine's family has a collection of... collectable soda cans that have never been opened. I threatened that one day I'm going to drink their Crystal Pepsi and their Duke Pepsi for spite. Oh the hilarity.

Just going until I can't fit elastics on it any more (That said, some of them are pretty stretchy, so you never know...

Not to mention they actually do make huge huge huge rubber bands. I've seen them before. Mwah.

Giga Guess
01-11-2007, 07:37 PM
GOTTA love filing elastics. Those bloody things are HUGE!

Roto13
01-11-2007, 07:47 PM

Not to mention they actually do make huge huge huge rubber bands. I've seen them before. Mwah.

I distinctly remember seeing someone's giant rubber band ball on TV and he said he was using elastic bands that are usually used on furniture. Or something.

Absconditus_Oraculum
01-11-2007, 07:55 PM

I distinctly remember seeing someone's giant rubber band ball on TV and he said he was using elastic bands that are usually used on furniture. Or something.

One person I seen on Tv onve that had one had started tieing individual bands together after it got to big so they'd go on. In a way like if one strip of paper wouldn't fit and you made a paper chain and just wraped the whole chain around.

Tavrobel
01-11-2007, 08:05 PM
My collection of Diablo 2 items, LotR stuff, and a very strong case of topical ointments.

Psychotic
01-11-2007, 11:33 PM
On SWBF2, I beat Endor Hunt as the Empire. Manus, come tell these fine people what a superhero, god, and all-round good guy I am for achieving this feat.

Laddy
01-11-2007, 11:39 PM
My katana in my room, I treasure and still pick it up to practice, or my nunchaku, both I know how to use, and quite well! :)

Savern Volaco
01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Practicly every thing that can come in handy in imposible situations I store and collect, like a rubber ducky that really is a knife,