PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear on the 360

JKTrix
01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
This is possibly fake, as I haven't been able to confirm this on any of Konami's websites. But it would be pretty cool if it were true.

KONAMI ANNOUNCES KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS TEAM FOR XBOX 360
Two Blockbuster Titles Already Under Development

OSAKA Konami Digital Entertainment Japan, a division of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced a new, exclusive for the Xbox 360 gameconsole, development team will be formed inside Konami Corporation. On January 11, 2007, Konami Corporation merged and consolidated its group companies. Accordingly, former Konami Computer Entertainment Japan East Team, lead by creator Hideo Kojima (Corporate Officer, Konami Corporation), embarks on a new era as “Kojima X Productions” inside Konami Corporation.

The newly formed Kojima “X” Productions is proud to announce that Metal Gear Solid: Triology is currently in development for the XBOX360 ( X360 ) next-generation computer entertainment system from Microsoft ( MS ). Metal Gear Solid: Trilogy will be a remake of three Hideo Kojima’s masterpieces. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. The Metal Gear Solid series, is highly acclaimed worldwide, with its breathtaking graphics, profound stories, intricate human drama, original game design and superlative gameplay. Also under development is one other exciting game in the Metal Gear series — Metal Gear Solid: Fluid Ac!d for the Microsoft Zune media player.

I give some of my opinions on my blog (click my sig) where I posted this originally, but I wanted to know what some of you guys would think if this were actually real.

Fatal Impurity
01-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Hmmm this does sound awesome....maybe a little too awesome.....i think its probably a fake.....but havnt said that it would probably take like 2-3 years to render all three games on the 360.....so maybe it could happen.......what i dont get is why? will there be extra features such as a multiplayer option on all three games?

XxSephirothxX
01-12-2007, 02:15 PM
People have been suspecting that MGS4 will be released for the 360 for quite awhile, and I still think that's a possibility. But a remake of the original three games for the 360? And "Fluid Ac!d" for the Zune? I would bet money it's fake.

JKTrix
01-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Definitely, the Zune thing is what initially tipped me off on the 'what the hell?' scale.

The use of remaking the original 3 for the 360 has a couple of benefits, couple that I mentioned on my blog. It gets their team familiar with the 360's architecture so they can either make new games or port MGS4 easier. Also, it could be for all the Xbox fans who haven't played the entire Metal Gear Series yet, so they can experience one of the standout franchises of the industry. MGS2 was on the original Xbox as well.

Pike
01-12-2007, 03:17 PM
I recall hearing a rumor a month or two back that MGS4 was going to be released for 360, but I wrote it off as just that-- a rumor-- because I couldn't find it confirmed anywhere. It's rather interesting that it's popped up again. Still, I think I'm going to wait until I hear more to pass judgment on it.

Jowy
01-12-2007, 03:19 PM
MGS4 for the 360 got shot down.

JKTrix
01-12-2007, 04:24 PM
The MGS4 rumour hasn't popped up again, though the 'news' may lead to increased speculation about it. This particular bit of info surrounds the apparent formation of a Xbox 360 division of Kojima Productions who is working on the Metal Gear Solid trilogy for the 360. And a game for Zune. Which is likely false.

Scruator
01-12-2007, 07:55 PM
The story is a fake.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/rumor-smash-kojima-making-exclusive-xbox-games-228233.php

And MGS4 would probably be releases on the 360 at some point in the future but it'll be a time-released exclusive at the very least for the PS3 in any case.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-12-2007, 08:06 PM
if this happens i wont have a reason to buy a ps3 and get a 360

JKTrix
01-12-2007, 08:07 PM
That's precisely why Konami will not announce that the game is coming to 360 (if it is) until well after it's out on PS3.

Scruator
01-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Well one thing to consider and the thing that would make Konami release it on the 360 is if the sales aren't that high due to a small user base, it may change within the the next year but at the moment the PS3 doesn't have a large base while the 360 has 10 million sold worldwide so from a business view it would make a bit of sense to at least consider it.

Complete exclusives are becoming more and more rare these days.

Erdrick Holmes
01-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Come on Konami, go all the way and make a 360 version of MGS4 to go with this.

MecaKane
01-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Come on Konami, go all the way and make a 360 version of MGS4 to go with this.

You missed the part where pretty much everyone said it was bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Dreddz
01-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Remaking all the Metal Gears for the 360 ? This has got to be fake....

Psychotic
01-12-2007, 11:08 PM
If it was real, though, the Xbox 360 would look very tempting.

Wolf Kanno
01-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Generally, if it's too good to be true, it's most likely a rumor. Though I can see them porting MGS3: Subsistence over to the X-Box 360. But doing complete remakes of all three and releasing it as a trilogy? Not going to happen. It's too far fetched but if it was true, the 360 would start looking a little better. Hell, MGS4 is the only thing that the PS3 has shown that I find deserving of "must have" status. If that game was released on the 360 eventually, I would probably have to pick it up. Both parties have alot to win if they consider this plan of action...

NeoCracker
01-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Even if it was true this is nothing.

Now DQ IX going to the DS, Thats a real story. And more exciting than MSG.

Maxico
01-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Even if it was true this is nothing.

Now DQ IX going to the DS, Thats a real story. And more exciting than MSG.

Well I'm swayed. The opinion of someone who cannot even spell the acronym of the series correctly, clearly negates the quality of a series of increasingly innovative and enjoyable games.

And this news is dispite the fact that Kojima has stated on multiple occasions that he see's Metal Gear Solid as a playstation exclusive franchise.

XxSephirothxX
01-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Which is why he and Miyamoto had a friendly discussion a few years back and ended up causing MGS: The Twin Snakes to be developed by Silicon Knights? Seriously, none of these rumors appear to be true at the moment, but Konami and every other game company out there (except maybe Nintendo and their first-party developers) is feeling the strain of increased development costs for next-gen games. If MGS4 or some sort of compilation arrives on the 360, it may be because Kojima's bosses told him to, not because he wished it. Spreading around one of their biggest franchises is an obvious way to see maximum profit for such an expensive game.

Slicksword45
01-13-2007, 07:54 PM
This bit of news will probably send the people who actually thought that 9 GB DVD's were enough for this generation of gaming into a frenzy, but as crazy as it sounds, Hideo Kojima recently said that "Blu-Ray is too small for Metal Gear Solid 4."

The current spec of Blu-Ray is only 25 GB, and he wants
the newer spec 50 GB Blu-Ray for MGS4. (Not a Dual Layer 25 GB Blu-Ray, but the single layer 50 GB Blu-Ray)

While Hideo Kojima doesn't necesarily care much about
HD, he says there's a lot you can do with sound that would fill up a
Blu-Ray disc really quickly. On top of everything else in the game this
apparently makes the game go way past the 25 GB limit. And Kojima said
that he wants to use the new higher spec 50 GB Blu-Ray for MGS4.

Well I guess that confirms it. MGS4 for Xbox 360, an 18 disc box set! lol

On a serious note though, it looks like MGS4 on X360 won't even be possible.

And now we have our answer. I forgot were I saw that but I'm dumb like that :)

Slothy
01-13-2007, 09:32 PM
There's another good reason it might not get ported to the 360: motion control. Kojima has said the game will use it, and I saw a few things in the most recent video that looked like they'd be using motion control for some key gameplay actions. Maybe the controls could be adapted to work with the 360 controller, but my bet would be any motion controls would be added on top of existing control schemes (ie: I'd bet Snake rolling on the ground while prone is controlled with tilt while crawling would still be analog controlled), which could make a port of the game impossible without dumbing it down.

UltimaMasamune
01-25-2007, 03:10 PM
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=926596&topic=31913076

summery of the whole topic

"So, is MGS4 coming to the 360?"

No, probably not.