PDA

View Full Version : In what order were the Pokémon games released?

Peter_20
01-12-2007, 03:30 PM
I've become pretty interested in the Pokémon games right now, and I'd like to play them in the correct chronological order; so, could you please tell me in what order they're "supposed" to be played? :)

Orophin
01-12-2007, 03:44 PM
-Red/Blue/Yellow (GameBoy)
-Gold/Silver/Crystal (GameBoy Color)
-Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (GameBoy Advance)

There's also a remake of the original (R/B/Y) for GBA named FireRed/LeafGreen.

Bunny
01-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue were released in the United States in 1998. Pokemon Yellow was released in 1999, Pokemon Gold and Silver in 2000, Pokemon Crystal in 2001. Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were released in 2003. Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green (remakes of Red and Blue) were released in 2004. Pokemon Emerald was released in 2005. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl should be released later this year.

JKTrix
01-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Diamond/Pearl will be released April 22 in the US. There is currently no word on an alternate version (a la Yellow/Crystal/Emerald) even in Japan, but it is probably inevitable.

Elite Lord Sigma
01-12-2007, 07:38 PM
There really is no chronological order, but I do know the events of GSC happen after the events of RBY. Beyond that, I'm not sure when RSE or D/P take place.

JKTrix
01-12-2007, 07:43 PM
There isn't really a concurrent storyline, the closest one being 'Gold/Silver' that had the surprise addition of the Kanto region in it, and the 'ultimate battle' being against the hero from Red/Blue.

Though if you do want to play them all, start with the first (with the least Pokemon) and work your way up. Otherwise, just go with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (and maybe FireRed/LeafGreen) and await the upcoming DS games. This way you'll have access to every Pokemon available, as the DS games will allow you to transfer 'Mon from the GBA games.

CimminyCricket
01-12-2007, 07:50 PM
really? that sounds mighty nice

Peter_20
01-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Concerning the storyline part, this was not really what I was talking about. :)
It's more like I wonder if the Pokémon monsters appear in a certain order through certain games.

As an example, I'd probably say the first part should have Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur, as they are the first, second and third monster.

The first monsters in the first game, and so on.
Or perhaps most monsters are present in most games?
I forget.