PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to play (AND BEAT!)

NINJA_Ryu
01-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Well, my FFTA has been collectin dust for some time now, taking a back seat to others such as Starcraft and FFIII, and so I was beginning to get the urge to play again. However, upon thinking of this, I was wondering what other people thought were the "replayability" aspects of the game.

As a side note, i have never beaten the game, onyl to the third totema, so please do not speak anything past it, if you mention plot.

have a nice day!

Skyblade
01-13-2007, 04:53 AM
No mentioning plot past Adrammalech? That lets out a lot of it, because the second plot is totally awesome.

But the job system rocks. It has the versatility of FFV's system, but I think the ability system works better (although getting all the items can be annoying).

vorpal blade
01-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Why play it? Becuase you have it.

I think Skyblade is right in that TA's got a better job system than V in that you can carry over more than one ability.

Some fights are fun, especially with a handicap. I usually stick to about two or three characters less than the enemy.

Yuffie514
01-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Jobs...such limits when it comes to the races, but also a great diversity. i also love the subjob system, even if that makes my characters extra powerful...

Setzer Gabianni
01-13-2007, 01:14 PM
You can constantly change your clan around to fit your battle needs. That, and the different ways you can plan attacks, use abilities learnt from other jobs. :3

Omega Sin
01-16-2007, 02:23 AM
The replay value is higher for a couple of reasons.

First and foremost, its interesting in my opinon to play the game under specific sets of circumstances. For example, Im currently playing a game where, besides Marche and Montblanc, I have a team of viera, mostly balanced, with two assassins, A red mage with Summoner abilities and Turbo MP, and a White mage with spirit magic and Turbo MP. When I get to missions I cant take with the people I have, I recruit them.

The Job system, as Skyblade and others have stated is amazing. There are so many combinations, and there are so many combinations to try out. You can create moogles that have gunmanship skills and black magic, or even a viera who is an assassin and a red mage. Each race has its abilities that are must-learns, but its a great system.

Finally, The replay value is higher because its an unlimited system of battles and missions, some can be replayed to gain experiences and mission items that you miss, and the battle system itself is easy to get hooked on.

arcanedude34
01-18-2007, 01:10 AM
This game has an insanely high replay value, but it will take you a while to perfect the files you have.

Between me and my best friend's brother, we have 89 hours put into one file, and only 226 out of the 300 missions completed.

Marche is a high level ninja. I can take out any (and i mean any) clans with just Marche. My next highest character is a juggler with three abilities (Ball, Ring, and Smile)

The missions, since they aren't long and provide an adequet challenge even now (I mean, really. Casting charm on my only character on the battle field is really low :D), never get boring. I've done swim meet at lest twenty times and still love doing it.

This is a great game to simply just pick up and play every few days or once or twice a day and will keep you entertained longer than some of the mainstream Final Fantasy games.

Also, Mewt kicks ass :D

Fireblade13
02-13-2007, 05:29 PM
This is the best Tactical RPG I have ever played. I played Fire emblem and found the job system lame and restricting and the lack of ability's of any sort just un-fun. You can make so many combo's of characters and as previously stated 90 hours of gameplay will get you maybe only a little over 200 missions ( I got that exact distance before accidently wiping the file). Each battle is fresh and new even when you've done it 10 times. There are many epic accomplishments and the 3 pronged boss fight was fun and challenging without being frustrating (I power lvled before it and had an angel ring so I got off fine). The law system which is constantly bashed is easily avoidable unless you accidently run into a clan on bad terms (No Damage2Monster I'm looking at you).

Just rember that when building your party to set a character on the right track early as stats to not adjust b changing class like in FFX2. And use your extra characters for the dpatch missions. Good luck and may a dual wielding paladin be with you. :c)

Cruise Control
02-15-2007, 04:40 AM
It's way awesome, and can be done with one guy.

If you want, you can do party co-operation, or build uber tanks. Theres so many options in battle.

Sam250
02-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Jobs...such limits when it comes to the races, but also a great diversity. i also love the subjob system, even if that makes my characters extra powerful...

Why play it? Becuase you have it.

I think Skyblade is right in that TA's got a better job system than V in that you can carry over more than one ability.

Some fights are fun, especially with a handicap. I usually stick to about two or three characters less than the enemy.

Personally i agree with Yami_Yuffie in that the Races within the Job system gives many limits. With FFV you could hvae ANY combonation of Jobs, with FFTA you can only mix Jobs with other jobs in that Race.

Still, i love this game. I think i had over 120 hours on my game and still hadn't completed all of the extra missions. But most of all i love creating a supercharacter, my most powerful was not Marche (he was my second most powerful), but a Ninja called...well, his name bgan with L. Unfortunatly i've lost the game *sob*

TBJ
02-22-2007, 05:50 AM
I agree with what the others have said [especially the bit about the job classes] ... and personally, I keep playing the game over and over again just to experiment with each job class and each race [although I tend to experiment with the viera more often than not]. Once I tried to train two vieras so that they were almost identical - they knew the exact same skills and are relatively on the same level - and sent them alone on battles and missions. And another thing about my two vieras - at this point they've mastered the Assassin and the Summoner job class. They're working on the Elementalist one :) I find it fun to master the job classes ... even if it's hard to come by all the items.

Note that I never finished the game before either :D I need 4 more missions til 300.

And like Skyblade said, the plot is 'totally awesome' :D

[that's my two cents on the subject, and I'm totally new to posting here - I've lurked before]

auhin
03-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Why play? Babus, Time Magic, that little ball of pwnage named Carbuncle. Also, lots of cool races, especially Nu Mou and Bangaa.

ReloadPsi
03-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Why play? To defecate on the name of the original FFT for the PSX of course. If I ever play another game that makes me pick flowers for my first official mission, I'm selling all my consoles, giving up video games and joining the circus as the dude who gets tied to the wheel so he can have knives tossed at him.

tailz
03-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Why play? To defecate on the name of the original FFT for the PSX of course. If I ever play another game that makes me pick flowers for my first official mission, I'm selling all my consoles, giving up video games and joining the circus as the dude who gets tied to the wheel so he can have knives tossed at him.

deal, ill keep you to this one.

it was just a step to get to know the gameplay, if you couldnt get passed that point because you were like "eew flower picking" you fail.