PDA

View Full Version : Is it still Christmas?

Agent Proto
01-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Just wondering, but are there any houses in and around your neighborhood that still have their Christmas decorations up? Or is your house one of them?! :eek:

I know for a fact that there are a couple houses with their decorations still up. Geesh. Anyway, there is also a second part to this thread. And mine isn't one of them.

How long does it take your family (or you) to take down the Christmas decoration? Do you take it down immediately after Christmas, wait a week or so after Christmas, or whenever you feel like it?

Just so you know, my family took down the decorations a couple days after Christmas, so no sign of Christmas around my house. :D

escobert
01-13-2007, 06:15 AM
I have no idea, I haven't noticed people with them up. We take ours down when we're arsed.

DarkLadyNyara
01-13-2007, 06:17 AM
*looks out window*

Nope.

41-Inches-Wide
01-13-2007, 06:19 AM
My people take down christmas paraphernalias on the eve of the Celebration for The Three King's, which is January 12th.
Or sometimes February 14.

My house has refused to acknowledge the end of christmas. I will take down my tree by March 24, the day I leave college.
I simply am very lazy.

ljkkjlcm9
01-13-2007, 06:21 AM
funny enough, we took down our tree tonight

THE JACKEL

Marshall Banana
01-13-2007, 06:33 AM
My parents have the habit of taking down decorations after Christmas dinner, which is kind of depressing, but this past year they waited at least a day, I think.

I haven't seen any leftovers yet, but less than a handful of houses were decorated in my neighborhood anyway, which is also kind of depressing.

Bahamut2000X
01-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Not any decorations outside, no. But we still do have our tree up. It's not down cause I have to do that and I'm a lazy bum.

Misfit
01-13-2007, 06:39 AM
All my Christmas junk was down a few days after Christmas, and so was everybody that lives around me... Because I kill those who keep them up and destroy their Christmas decorations.

=]

rih29
01-13-2007, 06:49 AM
I don't believe so. I find it depressing when someone still has all this Christmas stuff up in January. Makes me want Christmas to come again. :-/

vorpal blade
01-13-2007, 06:50 AM
We took ours down a week after Christmas, but our neighbors never take down the lights. They stop turning them on, but they don't bother taking them down.

blackmage_nuke
01-13-2007, 06:58 AM
I once saw a house with Merry Christmas ingraved on thier mailbox
They obviously didnt think it through properly :p

We dont put up lights... So I guess we dont have to take them down either. How convienient :D

-

Christmas
01-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Why bother, just put it there till the next one comes. :bigsmile:

Yuffie514
01-13-2007, 08:19 AM
the decorations were out this year about two weeks after Christmas. it appears that the decorations were taken down earlier this year, which is quite a relief. my parents put them up, so it's up to them to take them down...

Leeza
01-13-2007, 08:24 AM
We do still have some houses that have some lights on, but Ukranian Christmas isn't celebrated until January 7th and it's only the 13th now. :)

I didn't decorate or put a tree up this year,except for some garland on my fireplace and that is still up. It's pretty with the lights on and I'm too lazy to take it down. :)

Shadowdust
01-13-2007, 08:35 AM
The only people I know of in my family to put up decorations are my grandparents. And I believe they hold a record for taking down their decorations after three straight years. It was Christmas for 1095 days give or take. I think they finally decided the weather worn Santa needed a break. xD

aquatius
01-13-2007, 09:10 AM
We take it down on the ephipany.

Chloe.
01-13-2007, 10:35 AM
A family across the road from my house still have this big inflatable snowman outside of their house...I think they just can't be bothered to take it down. :bigsmile:

Zeldy
01-13-2007, 10:48 AM
I can't remember, there probably are some houses in my area with decorations still up. Ours went down last weekend! ;__;

Cz
01-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Our tree is still lying outside, because the refuse collection is terrible around here. I don't know of anyone else who still has their decorations up, besides a Ukranian friend of mine, since as Leeza mentioned they celebrate Christmas later than the rest of us.

Bubblekin
01-13-2007, 01:34 PM
There are some houses in the neighbourhood with Xmas lights still up, but for the most part, they're all taken down. The City of Hamilton ITSELF hasn't taken down its big garland-esque banner they put on the wall of the escarpment that says "SEASON'S GREETINGS HAPPY HOLIDAYS"...:p

My family doesn't have a typical pattern of taking down decorations, but I think my mom always does it just before all us kids ship back off to school, which has been just a day or so after new year's for the past couple of years.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-13-2007, 01:58 PM
There was an article in one of last year's local newspapers surveying fried chicken restaurants in my borough that I'd meant to cut out. In the report the sheer mentioning that one of these still had their decorations up in February for some reason gets me laughing even today

Little Blue
01-13-2007, 02:14 PM
My house was stripped of christmas decorations at around new years, but I've noticed some people still have their lights up. Dunno if they still turn them on or not though.

Jowy
01-13-2007, 04:25 PM
There's one house in particular infamous for resembling the Griswold residence. They leave the lights up until about April or so.

Rye
01-13-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm sad when all the Christmas lights are down. :(

We took down all our lights and the tree and ornaments on New Years day. We're very prompt.

Roto13
01-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm too lazy to take my tree down. So is everyone else in my family. Too lazy to water it, too.

Tasura
01-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Since we put lights around the roof of our house, they never get taken down, just unplugged/not turned on, so thats what, 7 or 8 years theyve been up now, but the ground decorations get taken down abit after New Years, same with the tree.

Disco Potato
01-13-2007, 05:43 PM
My family doesn't really celebrate Christmas so we hardly ever have lights to take down in the first place.
A family across the street from us still have a few lights up though. What's weird is that I never saw those lights up during the actual holidays o_O

Freya
01-13-2007, 05:54 PM
My tree is still up and i'm the one who has to take it down cause everyone else is too lazy.

NorthernChaosGod
01-14-2007, 05:56 AM
I've seen quite a few houses with decorations still up. Just yesterday I helped my friend take down some of her decorations.

Jojee
01-14-2007, 08:31 AM
We never put any xmas decorations up ^_^

VampireCrono
01-14-2007, 07:53 PM
nou

Mirage
01-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Yes, many.