PDA

View Full Version : NSG - No Sphere Grid

Mjazi
01-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Who here has completed an NSG in FFX? And has anyone tried out the monster arena in NSG? There's this guy on Youtube who has killed every single monster in the monster arena except Shinryu(almost impossible) and Nemesis(because he has to defeat Shinryu first). Has anyone completed a normal NSG or did something more insane? Like NSGNSNONCNNONBB(No sphere grid, no summon, no overdrive, no customize, no "no encounters", no blitzball)?? No-one has ever won Braska's Final Aeon in that challenge. What about the Dark Aeons? The same guy on youtube won every Dark Aeon except Dark Anima(no-one has won him) in NSG.

So what have you done in an NSG?

Shin Gouken
01-13-2007, 06:32 PM
I havn't tried although i would like to.

I'm surprised no-one has beat dark anima on a no sphere grid challenge... customisable armour, celestial weapons, overdrives, Rikkus use command and maxing out your aeons is enough right? Would be very nearly impossible but im sure it can be done... and no i do not volunteer myself to try o_O

Mjazi
01-13-2007, 07:21 PM
You need Aeons to kill Dark Aeons and Dark Anima kills an aeon in one hit by using Pain. And she has 8,000,000 HP so you might be able to do 4,000,000 damage when all your aeons are dead but you need a aeon to block the overdrive. You can use Hyper Mighty G but Anima is too fast and has extreme evasion. So I'm not surprise no-one has killed her in NSG.

Sain Cai
01-13-2007, 11:10 PM
How would you beat Neslug in NSG? That I would like to know

hplvr
01-14-2007, 01:04 AM
wow....... i think it'd be impossible, id never go up for the challenge lol

Jesta
01-14-2007, 03:28 AM
NSG's are mad fun. im a little behind with the guy on youtubethough,im not quite up to Shinryu,and i havnt tried the Dark Aeons yet. i have attempted your "NSGNSNONCNNONBB(No sphere grid, no summon, no overdrive, no customize, no "no encounters", no blitzball)", itmakes the game very interesting!!!! u have to play bliztball once though (god i hate that game) but its definatly worth a shot if you have the patience.

Sain Cai
01-14-2007, 06:09 AM
NSGNSNONCNNONBB

Way too many letters

No.78
01-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Non-all

Mjazi
01-14-2007, 05:58 PM
How would you beat Neslug in NSG? That I would like to know

Power up an aeon.

Sain Cai
01-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I guess now that I think of it Mindi is the only one capable of doing the kind of damage needed, unless you are not from America, then I suppose Anima can also (what is it 18 hits with oblivion?). Though Passado is too unpredictable.

Mjazi
01-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I think powering up the Magus sisters is too time consuming. Power up Anima instead and make sure she has alot of Magic, Strength and Defence. Oblivion won't kill it even with 255 stength.

KasaiDraco
01-15-2007, 12:16 AM
The only challenge I completed was Tidus only. It's hard in the beginning, easier than the normal game at the end.

killiancurse21
06-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Don't know if anyone who showed interest in this is still here, but I've beaten the entire No Sphere Grid monster arena - Shinryu and Nemesis included. Furthermore, I avoided using aeons unless essential - they were needed for Ironclad, Th'uban, Neslug, Ultima Buster and Nemesis. (Yep, I found ways to beat Vorban, Jumbo Flan and Nega Elemental without them. :D)

There's a playlist of the battle videos here:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=061B2258ACEFC2BC)

It includes the entire monster arena, as well as Ultima Weapon and Omega Weapon. I'm working on the Dark Aeons, but so far, only have Ixion and Shiva. (Shiva uses an aeon, Ixion does not)

Rantz
06-21-2009, 01:32 PM
I doubt any of these people are still around, killian, which is one of the reasons we have a "don't revive old threads" rule. Start a new thread if you want to stimulate new discussion. Good job on beating it, though. :)