PDA

View Full Version : Can anyhow tell me how to kill Zodiark?

seedcloud
01-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Well, I let all those character wear a Dark Mash and a Demon Shield but the problem is when Zodiark cast Darkra, My character take damage and when he going to die soon, he become stronger. Mind giving me some advice on how to give it a end to him. Thank

Dell
01-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Level up and when you fight him, equip Black Mask and Excalibur.

ValiantKnight
01-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Darkja is heavy dark damage + instant death chance.
If darkja is killing all 3, it is just unlucky. If you are saying he uses it so often that it is a pain keeping everyone alive, then I agree.

After doing physical damage to him for a while and keeping my party members up and revived, he eventually turned on that physical barrier at 20%. I finally had to take out all my gambits except for ARise gambits, charge gambits, foe:reflect > dispel, and foe > shock. Otherwise my characters would spend too much time healing and buffing to attack.

He is a very nasty fish and you need to be able to worry less about buffs, and more about doing damage. His darkja will kill someone almost everytime and he casts it very often, so you can't be rebuffing protect, shell, bravery, faith, and bubble every time someone dies, or all you will be doing is buffing.

Dreddz
01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Zodiark is a pain in the ass when he hits low HP as he becomes immune to physical damage. I found myself getting completely wiped out with his Darkja spell also, but it was never a problem because by the time I got to him, I had all party members in there 70's at least, so It was a simple matter of using them to revive my main party while sending a few attacks his way on the side. He also annoyed me by having reflect on himself, so I couldn't cast ( didn't have any Opal Rings when facing him at that time ). You should check your level too, I forget what Level spells he did on me but I remember they pissed me off, so level up until you feel comfortable with your levels.

BustaMo
01-15-2007, 04:52 AM
About a week ago I ventured deep into the Henne Mines to face him. It took me quite a while to reach him, but when I did, I put up one of the best battles I've ever duked it out in, but after 30 minutes, I got my ass handed to me.

seedcloud
01-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Where can i get the Excalibur? it a weapon or a armors, can how can i end Zodiark when his HP reaching the end because it keep making himself a protection and my char got wack out by his Darkra. LOL!

ValiantKnight
01-17-2007, 05:12 AM
You have to switch to magic when the physical barrier goes up.
You also have to dispel his reflect, which will occasionally cause him to put up his magic barrier. So you just wait then.

seedcloud
01-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Then where can I find Excalibur from?

ValiantKnight
01-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Great Crystal after you did the story sequence (http://www.m4lu.de/ff12maps/greatcrystalhires.jpg)