PDA

View Full Version : PS3 hints

Renmiri
01-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Soooo, I'm getting a PS3 today as late birthday present :love:

Are there any good PS3 games out there in US ? Any hints and tips ?

Does anyone know a good "New PS3 dance" ? :love:

Aemilius Blight
01-14-2007, 04:30 PM
No, no and what?

KentaRawr!
01-14-2007, 04:46 PM
A good PS3 dance would definitely be holding your PS3 up in the air and yelling the "Get Item" theme from the Zelda series.

Erdrick Holmes
01-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Trade that PS3 in for a Wii or an XBox 360 and a few games to go with it. Or scalp it on ebay.

KentaRawr!
01-14-2007, 04:52 PM
If I were to get a PS3 for free, I'd keep it. Even if its game library is dry as of late, I would wait a while to see if it's getting good games any time soon.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-14-2007, 04:57 PM
same

Laddy
01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Resistance:Fall Of Man, only really good game out.

Dreddz
01-14-2007, 05:58 PM
Ridge Racer 7 is pretty good, so is Resistance, but make sure to save some money, Virtua Fighter 5 is just around the corner.

Renmiri
01-14-2007, 06:26 PM
A good PS3 dance would definitely be holding your PS3 up in the air and yelling the "Get Item" theme from the Zelda series.

Excuuuuse me Princess! :D

Mirage
01-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Hints? Buy it later, save money.

Roto13
01-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Do they work yet?

Slothy
01-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Hints? Buy it later, save money.

If they're not paying for it, then who cares?

Buy Resistance. RR7 would probably be good if you like that kind of racer. Marvel Ultimate Alliance seems pretty good from what I've played, so if you liked the X-Men Legends games you may want to check it out. Not sure if you're into boxing games at all, but my friends and I can't get enough of playing Fight Night. Normally I hate EA sports titles, but this is that rare exception. Other than that, put some money away for Virtua Fighter 5, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Tennis 3, Lair, and a bunch of others coming out in the next few months. Also be sure to check out the previews on IGN, Gamespot, or some other sites to see what else you may be interested in in the coming months.

Maxico
01-14-2007, 09:57 PM
The only really worthwhile game on the PS3 is Resistance.

In the same way that the only really worthwhile game on the Wii is Zelda.

It's to be expected of a launch console.

Renmiri
01-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Just got it :D

There are at least 10 games around on the EB Toys store. Only 2 RPGs though. I got Untold Legends - Dark Kingdom and the Fifth Element (movie, not a game). I left a Genji Swordplay game behind for next month. The rest is Tony Hawk skating, 2 or 3 shooters, a Mortal Combat wannabe and racing and some other stuff that looked boring. Future releases look promising but FFXIII i still #1 on my list.

Now to assemble it :D

Dreddz
01-14-2007, 11:30 PM
The only really worthwhile game on the PS3 is Resistance.

In the same way that the only really worthwhile game on the Wii is Zelda.

Yes. If only some people on this board could get that through their thick skull.

Roto13
01-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Because everyone is a fanboy but you. In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly sane.

LunarWeaver
01-14-2007, 11:35 PM
You two are the whole reason I even come into console threads these days.

Slicksword45
01-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Do they work yet?

Pstt... They have been working the whole time. They *Gasp* acculty worked good at launch

I would recommend getting R:FOM, Call of Duty 3 and Ridge Racer 7.

Renmiri
01-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I didn't see Resistance there. Maybe next month I'll give it a try :D

I saw Heavenly Sword and almost bought it but the store clerk told me everyone has been buying Dark Kingdom, which has some online playing so I got it instead.

Aye saving money is wise but... I only get this kind of money now, when my birthday / Christmas, wedding anniversary and hubby's X-mas bonus all "hit" in a period of a month. So it was "now or never" :love:

Slicksword45
01-15-2007, 07:53 PM

I saw Heavenly Sword and almost bought it but the store clerk told me everyone has been buying Dark Kingdom, which has some online playing so I got it instead.

Aye saving money is wise but... I only get this kind of money now, when my birthday / Christmas, wedding anniversary and hubby's X-mas bonus all "hit" in a period of a month. So it was "now or never" :love:

wate what?

Heavenly Sword dosen't come out till march!

but R:fom is the big game right now

Lawr
01-15-2007, 08:00 PM
A good dance would be to sing the Congratulations theme from Final Fantasy 12 and stare off into the distance for a while.

Then you sell it on eBay for 1.2k and your dream 360 is waiting for you.

Renmiri
01-15-2007, 10:09 PM

I saw Heavenly Sword and almost bought it ...

wate what?

I stand corrected. It was Genji - Days of the Sword that I almost bought.

Dark Kingdom is ok, kind of like those Dungeons & Dragons games, definitely not a FF game. But I like it's music better than I liked XII.

Graphics should be spectacular but.... On my old small TV that I have for Video Games I can't see much of the much touted PS3 prowess. XII actually impressed me much more than Dark Kingdom and a Sony Blue DVD movie I tried :(

I need a new TV now :p

Elite Lord Sigma
01-15-2007, 10:13 PM

I saw Heavenly Sword and almost bought it ...

wate what?

I stand corrected. It was Genji - Days of the Sword that I almost bought.

Dark Kingdom is ok, kind of like those Dungeons & Dragons games, definitely not a FF game. But I like it's music better than I liked XII.

Graphics should be spectacular but.... On my old small TV that I have for Video Games I can't see much of the much touted PS3 prowess. XII actually impressed me much more than Dark Kingdom and a Sony Blue DVD movie I tried :(

I need a new TV now :p

According to most reviews, Genji is a mediocre game. However, I myself haven't played it, because I don't have a PS3 (and am not going to get one until FFXIII is released).

Slicksword45
01-16-2007, 01:34 AM
you sell it on eBay for 1.2k and your dream 360 is waiting for you.

Trade that PS3 in for a Wii or an XBox 360 and a few games to go with it. Or scalp it on ebay.

I'v desided everytime a thread is made about the Ps3, and fanboys come in saying stuff like this, i'll just say "The fanboys strike again" :mad:

Roto13
01-16-2007, 01:44 AM
Go make out with dreddz. :P

Though it is silly to tell her to trade her PS3 for something else. She obviously wants it.

JKTrix
01-16-2007, 01:10 PM
If I got a PS3 for free, I would definitely keep it. Though if your TV isn't so hot, it definitely takes a big chunk of the value out of it (same goes for 360). If you don't/can't get the online stuff working, that's another big chunk of the value out of it (also true for 360:P).

If I had a free PS3, and online, this would be the first thing I would do (http://www.gamersreports.com/news/4667/tekken-5-dr-in-ps3-store-in-japan--gr-usa-workaround/). That's the most valuable thing on the PS3 for me right now, even though I don't like Tekken that much.

I'm still on the fence about whether or not I will get a PS3 when I go to the US in March...

Renmiri
01-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Cool link!

PS3 needs more games but it is cool enough :D