PDA

View Full Version : Of these five games, which do you think I should buy?

KentaRawr!
01-14-2007, 04:42 PM
So, my Mom is off on a somewhat long list of car trips, and I have decided that I should likely get a game with my allowance. Since I have to keep an eye on my siblings, I can't go with her, so she's going to call when she is able to stop at a game store to see what my game decision is. The five games above are the choices fresh on my mind.

BOLD = Either Game Name or Question Section

Kirby Squeek Squad is a game I've been anticipating for a long while now. I'm a pretty big fan of the kirby games, and it's quite delightful to see that Kirby is on the DS, and also that his abilities seem to have more than one move again, similarly to Super Star. 3 questions about the game: How many stages are there? How's the replayability? Are the abilities well balanced, or will I end up just using one specific power that rules over them all?

Star Fox Command barely makes it on to the choice list for me, because instead of level by level fun, like with Star Fox 64, it seems as though you're constantly in battle mode, and have to kill a certain amount of enemies in an arena for each battle. Based on the information I currently have, Kirby Squeek Squad would be a much better choice for me, but it's still here just to see if my judgement on it is incorrect. So that's my question for this game. Is my judgement on the game incorrect?

Nanostray is a game that, for some stupid reason, I haven't bought yet. I was a complete idiot and got Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits instead, and since then, too many things that I simply couldn't pass up started appearing on store shelves, and I haven't been able to get it. Now's my chance! 2 questions about the game: How many stages does it have, and how's its replayability?

Children of Mana... maybe this ISN'T my chance to get Nanostray. Damn. Anyway, I've been looking forward to this game since it came out in Japan, and I even refused to import it so that I could play it in English when it arrives in the U.S., just less than a year later. So, I'll skip straight to my questions. Is it true that this game is more of a Dungeon Crawler than an RPG? Also, if the last question is a yes, how well would it compare to Crystal Chronicles, or Four Swords Adventures? How much replayability is there? Is the story good enough to call it a good RPG?

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (Damn long name!) is on the list because it is supposedly supposed to be very fun once you get past the Wii Version's learning curve, and start flailing your arms knowing what you're doing. It's also on the list because the only Wii game I have is the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. :( So, my questions: How well would a fighting game such as this compare to other fighting games? Does it offer a unique and positive experience when playing with the Wii Remote, or will I be using the Classic Controller all the time?

So there are the choices. I must make my decision soon, since my Mom will be leaving soon. Feel free to make suggestions, but make sure that these games can be found in U.S. game stores, and that they cost $35 or less. DBZ is on the list, but costs around $50, which is just because of a deal my brother and I made. If I get DBZ, then he supplies me with about $20 to get it. Also, I'd prefer the game to be on either the Wii or the DS. If your suggestion is for the Wii, then I'll talk with my brother to see if his deal can pass over to that game. The reason I want it to be for the Wii or DS is because I barely have ANYTHING for the Wii, and my DS is still sick from having Metroid Prime Hunters placed in it. And when suggesting, please be sure to provide me a reason as to why I should consider that game an option.

If you are to make a suggestion for either the Wii or the DS, then please refer to this list to see which games I already have:

DS:

Mario Kart DS
Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros. DS
Metroid Prime Hunters
Megaman ZX
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Final Fantasy 3
Big Brain Academy
Sonic Rush

Wii:

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Keep in mind that even though this thread has a poll, I am going to base most of my decision off of the questions answered and reason behind suggestions. The poll is there mostly for the sake of curiosity. Also, if voting in the poll, don't let Meat Puppet keep you from voting your true feeling as to what you think I should buy. Just consider him an option for "Undecided".

Laddy
01-14-2007, 04:46 PM
None of those, go buy Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn for PC.

KentaRawr!
01-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Why do you say I should get that? o.o

Ryth
01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS) - Should be within your price range. The game has an original concept, a quirky, memorable cast, and a witty script. Definitely worth your money.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii) - Now you'll have to try and discuss this with your brother, but I've really been loving this game. I haven't played it on the DS, but I think this is a remake of that game. Which is good, a game like this is perfect for the Wii. It shows too. Being a DS port, the graphics aren't screaming NEXT-GEN, but graphics aren't really important, you know?

One of those or Children Of Mana. Your choice. :p

Dreddz
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Get Tetris DS. I guess Wario Wares is the next good Wii title, get that if you want...

rih29
01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Get World of Warcraft.

Malboro_Menace
01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Children of Mana is a real fun game, but yeah it is more of a dungeon crawler then a RPG. It does have a good story, and the characters are great (go Poppen!) but its mostly go through the dungeon, destroy monsters, get item, use item with thing and proceed. Fun but it can get tedious.

But the multiplayer is really fun. You can do the dungeons with your friends and even fight them. So yeah my suggestion woul be Children of Mana.

Ichimonji
01-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Get Kirby Squeek Squad. We've all been waiting for a proper Kirby for the DS, and here it is. There seems to be eight worlds and four levels per world. Kirby has always been a big ball of awesome, so get it.

Polnareff
01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is probably your best bet. Like Ryth said, great characters, original concept, everything.

Kirby: Squeak Squad is way too easy, way too boring, and probably not worth your time. It has good replayability up until you beat it (which, trust me, won't take long at all). Canvas Curse is a much better game.