PDA

View Full Version : Gilgamesh Battle:Round 2

Crossblades
01-14-2007, 08:02 PM
What's the recommended level of fighting Gilgamesh in the 2nd battle? My characters are the mid 50's and I thought I could easily take him(He sure proved me wrong >_>). And what equipment should I use?

daiyu
01-14-2007, 11:13 PM
I think at that point I was also in the mid-50s. Make sure that you're on a prime number level, or else that you have items that can neutralize whatever status effect he can use against you. ALso make sure you've gone to the Necrohol and bought what I believe is the strongest non-special heavy armor in the game, Maximilian suit. My party had a katana user, an axe user, and a hammer user. Also go in fully prepped with hastega and protectga, obviously know curaja and arise (or whatever the life+full hp spell is, can't remember) as well, since you'll be using that a lot.

The most important thing is to kill the dog as soon as you can, using the appropriate gambits, casting dispelga to keep things sane, and exploiting the dog's extreme vulnerability to scouge. Don't worry about MP, you'll be dancing around enough later on to make up whatever you lose. If hastega stays up and you use scourge like mad, the dog should go pretty easy.

Once the dog is gone you are basically in for a long (but entertaining) hack session against gilgamesh. Make sure that you keep hastega and protectga up at all times. For whatever reason I don't remember dispel being as useful in this section of the fight, so you may not need it. Don't remember any particular black magic vulnerabilities, so you're basically in for a lot of hack and slash. The key is to make sure your party members stay spread out as far as possible, as a lot of gilgamesh's nastiest moves are very much orientation-dependent. Forget about MP drains and use the life+full hp spell to abandon.

And don't become so frustrated you stop having fun -- I found this the most entertaining battle in the game :)

Renmiri
01-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Wow!

Are you guys talking about that battle where he sneaks and steals his sword after it ? I beat him at level 40 on that battle!

Dreddz
01-15-2007, 12:43 AM
I was somewhere around your level, and had a few problems. His level attacks are irritating, I had all three of my characters having a level affected by level 3 disable which was annoying. I had to go back and level until I wasnt affected by it, then I started to be affected by his level 2 sleepga. Grrrr. Make sure to dispel his positive status affects. Thats helps alot.

Just make sure to have a level unaffected by his level attacks, I cant stress how annoying it was to have all my characters disabled or asleep. Still, with these out of the way, both Enkidou and Gilgamesh are still fairly easy.

ValiantKnight
01-15-2007, 01:36 AM
I would recommend arise if possible and protect definately.
Bubble belts help, but then you are vulnerable to his statuses if your levels match.

With a bubbled tank using decoy, he was managable after protect. Protect really cuts down his damage if memory serves. However there will be times he just absolutely kills you because when you get up into the 6+ hits, unless you time a heal to land in between the hits(like on hit 3), you can't have that much life at lower levels, and you just lose the tank and hope you can get him back up in time.

6000hp(bubbled) is a good recommended hp in my opinion for your tank. More is very helpful.

I posted elsewhere when I beat him not too long ago. However I think I was 47-48, or possibly a little higher.

daiyu
01-15-2007, 02:10 AM
Wow!

Are you guys talking about that battle where he sneaks and steals his sword after it ? I beat him at level 40 on that battle!

yes: and no-one asked how much better you are than we are ^_^

BustaMo
01-15-2007, 04:36 AM
I saved the Marks until all at the very end of the game so I was pretty high in levels when I beat him; I'm guessing around 55. I saved right before the first fight though because it's just such an awesome and memorable battle, right from the hilarious introduction to Gilgamesh.

Gabranth
01-15-2007, 06:00 AM
if you want to be totally immune to his status spells, get to level 61 and he can't touch you, magickally at least. that's what my friend did and he kicked gilgamesh's ass, since the whole lv. 2 lv. 3 yadda yadda means that the spell is only effective if your level is divisible by that number.

Renmiri
01-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow!

yes: and no-one asked how much better you are than we are ^_^
Me better ?

I get killed by cactus!!!!

I guess I just lucked out on gambits and armor then. :p

Crossblades
01-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks for your help. :) I'm gonna try again later on today

I have another question: Where do I purchase more Bubble Belts? I only have one and I got it as a reward for one of the marks

daiyu
01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
I saved right before the first fight though because it's just such an awesome and memorable battle, right from the hilarious introduction to Gilgamesh.

Right on. In fact that battle's the only thing from that game that I ever feel like re-experiencing.

hplvr
01-15-2007, 08:59 PM
oh god i thought the exact same thing about how it was going to be easy, i was haning by a thread in the second battle, and i serioulsy thought i was going to die. but luck was with me i guess and i beat him after about an hour of fighting him, its just that dog is a pain in the a$$

Renmiri
01-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Bubble belts ? Clan Provisioner at Mushu's Bazaar ? Either that or Mosphorian Highwaste iirc.

ValiantKnight
01-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Clan Provisioner after Riskbreaker
Disappears during Paragon of Justice(or Ward of Justice, whatever is after Riskbreaker)
Then reappears at the next level.

Attain Riskbreaker, can buy bubble belts
Attain next rank, lose ability to buy bubble belts
Attain next rank, get bubble belts back.

Crossblades
01-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Clan Provisioner after Riskbreaker
Disappears during Paragon of Justice(or Ward of Justice, whatever is after Riskbreaker)
Then reappears at the next level.

Attain Riskbreaker, can buy bubble belts
Attain next rank, lose ability to buy bubble belts
Attain next rank, get bubble belts back.

I have Brave Companion. Can I buy them?

ValiantKnight
01-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Brave companion - 14 marks
Riskbreaker - 16 marks