PDA

View Full Version : 24 Season Premier

nik0tine
01-15-2007, 04:47 AM
So, what did you all think? I thought it was sub par but still entertaining.

I must say though, Jack 'ejecting' the suicide bomber on the subway with his foot was incredibly retarted. I lol'ed when I saw it.

edczxcvbnm
01-15-2007, 03:48 PM
When he did the subway thing I could only think of Die Hard with a Vengeance.

I didn't think that was quite as bizarre as an air strike on a house in the middle of a residential area with the high possibility of collateral damage.

I also wonder if Kumar is going to have a craving for white castle :D

Yamaneko
01-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I didn't really understand the air strike. That seems highly improbable even for 24.

And of course we once again have some dude in the administration who's pulling the President's arm for his own motives. Overall it was a pretty good season premier.

Jack cleaned up two years of facial hair in less than five minutes. :D

edczxcvbnm
01-15-2007, 08:01 PM
I will be more surprised that Jack is able to walk after 15 hours given the conditions he has been in for the last 2 years.

You just know that the personel files that Sista Palmer deleted will come back to bite someone in the ass.

Mikztsu
01-15-2007, 08:04 PM
I hate it how we get this late in Finlönd. Season 5 just started here. I'll import every season before they even begin in here though, so it's not a problem. I hate waiting one whole week for one single episode for awesome TV serie that 24 is, so it works for me.

I just watched season 5 dvd-box in two days and am downloading first 4 episodes of season 6 ( I'll buy the DVD-box when it comes anyway). The way season 5 ended, I'm really excited to start season 6 and I wish my torrent would download faster. I accidently read from somewhere that Wayne Palmer is the president now. Logan rocked in his own way, he was a great character as his actor did great job on making him very two faced liar, yet very human person. I never liked Wayne Palmer for some reason - he's just not the president type for me. I wish they would've kept that vice President from season 5 - Laura Palmer's daddy from Twin Peaks - as presdient in Season 6. I was kinda expecting him to be that after season 5, but oh well.

So I don't have anything to contribute in this topic yet. Just came here to say that 24 is the best thing on TV. Ever. Bye. :)

Edit: yeah forget about realism in 24, Ed. :) Remember in season 2 when Jack's heart stopped, and when they got his heart beat again he just kept running anfd going as if nothing had happened. But he's Jack Bauer, a super-human and he can do anything. <3

Tavrobel
01-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Captain Basch = Jack Bauer. Ahmed is an evil little bastard. And so is that FBI guy. Some more political intrigue, please. Not only that, there's another two hours at eight PM to ten PM.

Slothy
01-15-2007, 09:01 PM
I found it dissapointing myself. I like the fact that 20 months in a Chinese prison has obviously left Jack somewhat broken, but I was hoping for more. Instead we get more of the same. This feels like the last couple of seasons all over again to be honest. Hopefully they manage to break out of their little formula a little more, and the sooner the better.

edczxcvbnm
01-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Edit: yeah forget about realism in 24, Ed. :) Remember in season 2 when Jack's heart stopped, and when they got his heart beat again he just kept running anfd going as if nothing had happened. But he's Jack Bauer, a super-human and he can do anything. <3

I know to forget realism in 24...but not for everything. Traffic is non-existent. FINE! Everyone has no trouble staying up for a full 24 hours...FINE! The government launching air strikes on suburban areas in America...too far even for 24. Jack kicking terrorist #5 out of the subway train. FINE!

Season 2 was the worst. After the bomb went off it was nothing but a train wreak until the ending which left way more questions than it answered. They never even captured the people behind it all in Season 2. Insane audio program. Jack dies. The misadventures of Kim Bauer continues. Palmer is booted as President by his staff for not launching all out war just a few hours after the bomb went off.

Why some people praise Season 2 as the best is beyond me.

Mikztsu
01-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Seasons 1 and 2 were partially ruined by silly sidestorylines of Kim Bauer's idiotic adventures. Not gonna go in details why it was so retarded, but It annoyed me how they used good episode time by filling it with that irrelevant crap which mainly was just an annoyance because of Kim's stupidity and ability to get in trouble. Glad they kinda got rid of that garbage. Also, speaking of Kim and ridding stuff - glad they got rid of Chase too. IMO they tried to make him too much like Jack Bauer v2 in more handsome looks. He and Kim made a perfect couple as both were extremely annoying,

As for my favourite seasons...it's pretty hard to rate them. Ever one of them has their ups and good moments, so I rather not to put them in order. I try to see them as one whole. :)

Tavrobel
01-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Isn't she [Kim] coming back? I thought I saw a preview/commercial with her in it.

Mikztsu
01-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Oh god I pray you don't let this happen. ; ;

On a more serious note, she wasn't bad on season 5 on very, very minor role when she was just seeing Jack. Just don't put her running alone somewhere, I just might bear with it.

Yamaneko
01-15-2007, 10:57 PM
At least she's good on the eyes. :)

Mikztsu
01-15-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't think she's even pretty.

Tavrobel
01-16-2007, 02:55 AM
What the bloody smurf?

nik0tine
01-16-2007, 04:41 AM
What the bloody smurf?
Curtis' neck, you mean?

edczxcvbnm
01-16-2007, 05:54 AM
OKAY! I am not impressed this season at all and I of all people might stop watching.

Dad is too much of a pussy to kill Ahmed but kills some other guy who has not really done much. He is such a pussy he doesn't run to try and stop the bomb when it really doesn't matter at this point. What a retard.

There are 5 more bombs and yet the only guy who can assemble them is appearantly dead. I also thought they said there was only one left. Did more just magically appear?

Killing Curtis...what the fuck was the point. Jack worked with Nina...begrudgingly but still worked with her none the less.

This was not awesome or exciting...just stupid. I really wish they would have just done something small and simple like season one. More huge nukes is just dumb and has been done twice already. In Season 2 it went of and in season 4 they stopped it at the last second.

I am giving it two more episodes to not be so damn retarded. I also hate the office now. There are zero likeable characters there now. I don't like Chloe and everyone else is going to become boring and stupid. Buccanon is fine but how will they get rid of him this season. They have done others hire-ups taking control of CTU way too much in the past.

Thumbs down...so down that I will not use my 24 avatar this year.

BOOOO!

Mikztsu
01-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Killing Curtis....very bad move. :( I'm sad and angry for this.

I was hoping before season 5 they wouldn't kill Curtis on it, and I was glad they didn't. I was hoping the same now. While Curtis might've not appealed to many people, I always liked him a lot as he got certain charisma. I liked him even more than I liked Tony. It was sad to see Curtis die and I really hope it was just actor's decision to proceed on his career and that director just didn't decide to kill him off. He was one of my favourite characters in 24 history and his replacement better be good.

edczxcvbnm
01-16-2007, 03:39 PM
If they didn't want Curtis there or he wanted to leave then they could have just said he moved to a different CTU location and we would never see him again(Chase).

Yamaneko
01-16-2007, 07:26 PM
I just hope that one former terrorist dude working with Jack doesn't turn out to be the guy all along and betray everyone because that would seriously cheapen Curtis' death. Oh and apparently even though after killing Curtis' Jack no longer wants to be part of CTU, for next week's preview they show Jack wanting to be part of the hunt for the other bombs. Make up your mind, man!

Tavrobel
01-16-2007, 08:01 PM
What the bloody smurf?
Curtis' neck, you mean?

WTFAKU, seriously, Keef. Killing Curtis. He's the best character on that show.

There are 5 more bombs and yet the only guy who can assemble them is appearantly dead. I also thought they said there was only one left. Did more just magically appear?

I think that there are only four. It's possible that they could've found a way to replicate their own suitcase bombs, and that the one that was repaired was either a test, or is actually the only remaining Russian model left. The others could've been manufactured. Or, the Russians didn't do quite the cleanup job that they thought that they did, or the Russians are somehow involved with the terriorists (gee whiz!) in a plot that somehow involves half of the administration. Again.

I just hope that one former terrorist dude working with Jack doesn't turn out to be the guy all along and betray everyone because that would seriously cheapen Curtis' death. Oh and apparently even though after killing Curtis' Jack no longer wants to be part of CTU, for next week's preview they show Jack wanting to be part of the hunt for the other bombs. Make up your mind, man!

They probably convinced him to come back, although, I would probably have doubts if the first person I had to kill after being tortured for twenty months was, for all intents and purposes, my best friend. Then again, this is 24. I don't think Assad will backstab, but he'll probably be somehow involved. As always.

Strider
01-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I miss Edgar. :(

Mikztsu
01-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Returning to death of Curtis...I still think it wasn't necessary at all. I mean, I think they have made it VERY clear in the past that Jack is willing to kill ANYONE when it's the matter of national security. He did kill Chapelle, he did "kill" Paul ( Audrey's husband), he was ready to kill even Tony ( I read that it was originally planned so that Jack shoots Tony).

And now they had to make him kill Curtis...another one of his friend. I think enough is enough and it was far from necessary to make him do it. I think we all got the point a long time ago. Also I didn't like how they made Curtis - who usually was very much on-book and calm professional- to look like a tantruming child on his final two hours, who still wanted to revenge something that happened over 15 years ago in war. Oh well, that's 24 I'll miss Curtis and I don't think any less of the series cause of this. :) But it sure made the 4th hour more dark especially nuke exploding right after Curtis died, which is pretty good.

Oh, and you can BET that Assad is involved in some bigger plot than this. I got a strong feeling on this. I wonder if it gets so silly, that all these bombings and nukes were just to get Assad "inside" to do something devastating. :choc: 4 nukes left and I can't wait for the next episode.

Tavrobel
01-23-2007, 02:33 AM
WTF since when was the head honcho bad guy from last year Jack's brother?

Seriously, WTF!?

Del Murder
01-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Haha here comes the family Bauer. At least it's different.

ed, the dad was chained to the wall so that's why he couldn't stop the bomb.

The Curtis death wasn't necessary but Curtis wasn't really that important to begin with. It was really out of character how he acted in the last two hours though. Also, this wasn't as bad as Chappelle. That whole thing was weak as hell.

edczxcvbnm
01-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Haha here comes the family Bauer. At least it's different.

ed, the dad was chained to the wall so that's why he couldn't stop the bomb.

The Curtis death wasn't necessary but Curtis wasn't really that important to begin with. It was really out of character how he acted in the last two hours though. Also, this wasn't as bad as Chappelle. That whole thing was weak as hell.

Thats for clearing up why that pussy was not the Ultimate Pussy.

Family Bauer. DAMN IT! Yet ANOTHER thing from Jacks Past. I don't give a :skull::skull::skull::skull: and I don't think this is original or interesting at all. Seaons 1,3 and 5 have all featured stuff from Jack's Past. Why did they have to make that guy Jack's brother. It just seems so lame.

Slothy
01-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Why did they have to make that guy Jack's brother. It just seems so lame.

Oddly enough, this may be the only thing that keeps me watching now. At least it's something I didn't see coming which is more than I can say for every episode they aired last year.

edczxcvbnm
01-23-2007, 05:20 PM
http://thebauer.blogspot.com

This guy writes the best reviews of all the episodes. He totally rocks.

Ender
01-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Oddly enough, this may be the only thing that keeps me watching now.

That was the last straw for me.

Jack's secret arch-nemesis, the evil mastermind of a conspiracy to get Jack killed and start an international conflict that, when exposed, threatened to destroy the very foundations of American government....is Jack's brother? That's one of the dumbest twists in the history of television. It's like from some fanboy's wet dream. What's next? The revelation that Jack is actually a reject of a genetic experiment by the Arnihs Corporation, for the purposes of duplicating Rambo, who went rogue when he found out that he is actually a descendant, and sole inheritor of the legacy, of the long lost civilization of Atlantis, and is now threatening to destroy humanity via nuclear war? That's no longer a huge step for this show.

Mikztsu
01-23-2007, 08:54 PM
While I agree about how lame idea it was to make "that dude" Jack's brother, there's a part in me that finds it pretty interesting too. I just want to hear more and hopefully find out about their history and reasonings. Gotta look at the bright side. Agreed that it's also pretty lame how every season attacks seem to be linked to Jack somehow, always.

It's still great TV show eventhough they are going over the top now if ever.

I gotta say I loved Bauer brother's physical re-union though: Jack knocks his brother down, ties him into chair and starts torturing him. "You're hurting me!" Jack: "Trust me, I'm not." :lol: Am I weird, if I find those parts of 24 the best where Jack is torturing someone?

Yamaneko
01-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I wonder if baldness runs in the family. Jack's starting to thin out. :D

Del Murder
01-24-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm calling it right now, actually my coworker called it but he doesn't post here so I'm taking the credit:

That kid is Jack's son.

The show was bothering me recently because of the lunacy of some of the things it tries to pull off. It bothered me because there still was this faint line that tried to anchor it down in reality. That line has broken, and so now I'm not so bothered. Bring on the craziness!

Mikztsu
01-24-2007, 02:03 AM
I'm calling it right now, actually my coworker called it but he doesn't post here so I'm taking the credit:

That kid is Jack's son.

Yeah, that's most likely true. I was wondering why Jack gave such a stare at the kid and his impression said a lot when he saw him. Really should've figured it myself, knowing he has history with his brother's wife.

Tavrobel
01-30-2007, 02:58 AM
That whole Graem thing should not have surprised anyone. Nor the thing with the Security guy.

McLovin'
01-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Graham's a dick.

Strider
01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah, but y'all know you can't wait for him to get his. :D

Mikztsu
01-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Yep. good thing about dicks is, that you just can't wait to see when Jack gets his hands on them ( in this case, again).

Also Graham should know better, that of course one guard on back ( that other dude went on driver's seat) of the car isn't nearly enough to prevent Jack ( and his dad) from escaping. :D I bet they're out in first 10 minutes of episode seven.

On a second note, I think Graham looks like a turtle. Very much like Squirtle from Pokemon.

Tavrobel
01-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Yeah, but Squirtle is awesome, Graham isn't.

Jack will probably wind up trying to kill the son, and scare the wife, Milo will get busted for being a terrorist by Tom (the FBI chief) for assissting Nadia (for, when it was revealed she was Republican, I laughed heartily), and Karen and Bill are going to get that FBI guy back.

Del Murder
01-31-2007, 02:14 AM
It's funny that they kill the CTU unit in the parking lot in broad daylight but need to take Jack and Mr. Bauer to some secluded location so they can take them out.

I'd hate to be a CTU field unit being called in to assist Jack Bauer.

Tavrobel
01-31-2007, 02:18 AM

Me, too. Turns out that half of the CTU agents will die within the season, including our friend, Curtis.

Mikztsu
01-31-2007, 10:38 AM

I've been laughing at the same thing for a while now. Almost every time there are random CTU agents at the field with Jack, they will die. It's pretty amusing. My gf said it best: "Those random noob agents always take the bullet instead of Jack", which is so true. :)

McLovin'
01-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Has Graham or Jack's dad appeared in any of the other seasons?

Madame Adequate
02-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Has Graham or Jack's dad appeared in any of the other seasons?

Graham was pretty much the mastermind behind what was going on in Day 5. At the time it was not revealed that he was in any way related to Jack.

24 yay! Of course, they've now detonated A NUKZE! So like... it's kinda like they've already lost. Silly see tee you :monster: Of course there will probably be some other thing like a hundred nukes or something :jess:

Still fun, even when it gets too silly.

Mikztsu
02-01-2007, 03:51 PM
to add on this conversation, I hope that Nadya ( sp?) muslim chick who works for CTU doesn't turn out to be supporting terrorist against all expectations. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if she does, nothing does in 24 anymore.

Also, who else thinks that this "Mandy" will make an appearance on this season? She was granted immunity afterall, and she's the kind of character who just doesn't seem to be done with 24 series just yet.

For those who don't remember her, she was the chick at season one who jumped off that airplane and exploded it. At the finale of season two she tried to assasinate Palmer with her poisonous handshake. She also played part at the end of season 4, but was granted immunity for the information she gave about Marwan.

I was expecting her to be involved with season 5, but it didn't happen. Maybe now. Not that I'd be disappointed if she didn't appear. I'm sure there are plans at least.