PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic people here.

Shlnsengumi
01-15-2007, 06:35 AM
hink it's a new fad, to hate on Final Fantasy VIII.

VIII is by far, my favorite Final Fantasy of them all. The story is MUCH deeper than most stories, and i'm beginning to doubt whether or not the haters here actually played and beat the game.

Music was top notch. Eyes On Me is an awesome song, and apparently the site creator had that in mind because it's called "Eyes on Final Fantasy".

Characters being underdeveloped is a big laugh. Each character had his or hers own role and unique personality.

Squall: The loner. Whoever said Squall is a necrophiliac is just... i'm sorry, stupid, because that was no where near what the developers had in mind, it's just that your probably determined to hate it.

Rinoa: The romance of Squall's life, who is evidently the one who will open Squalls heart, and change his life forever for the better.

Zell: Martial artist, very hyper and always willing to accept a good fight. Similiar to Sanosuke from RuroKen (if anyone has ever seen it).

Seifer: The rival of Squall. We all have rivals in life, and this is no exception. Both are equal in skill, and even though Seifer may have gone to far, there is always still the near friendly bond (as seen in the last cinematics)

Selphie: Are typical, "Happy-go-lucky" girl. Every FF has one. Ex: Rikku.

Quitis: Our patient and intelligent instructor of Squall. Very strict, yet in the beginning there was a sign of slight attraction to Squall.

Irvine: Our ladies man, and very charming fellow, but in the heat, he is very calm and loyal within.

Laguna: Possibly the coolest and cutest character of them all. His emotions when confronting Julia is REAL. It's not the typical dialogue thats found iN FFVIII. It's real, self-concious emotion, like in real life.

SO before you go on saying the characters were underdeveloped, take a good look at each. They are unique, yet similar to all other FF characters. (pick a FF i've played, I guarente you I can match up the characters to the different game). And stop hating on Squall. One of the games focuses is to learn how to let go of the past. Evidently, Squall has an obvious attachment disorder from when Ellone had left the orphanage, and thus is the reason for his attitude. Yet he isn't 100% emotion free. He can be overcome with emotion and choose reckless actions. Yet as the story dissolves, you learn to understand why and how he overcomes this.

The story: The story is set in a very different feel then most were used to. It had a "school days" feel. The reason for Squalls lone wolf attitude is that he shut out his emotions for the fear of being vulnerable, which is why it makes him such an exceptional student in combat. The "forced" love story is not at all forced. It is quite romantic. THroughout the game, Squalls attraction for Rinoa increases. Eventually to the climax point where Squall must decide whether or not to go out and rescue Rinoa in space.

The ideaof them all being orphanes is a nice addition. They are practically a family, which is a way different bond then seen in most games. Also.

Laguna's old crush of Julia, makes perfect sense for Squall and Rinoa to fall in love. (after all, Squall is Lagunas son, and Rinoa is Julia's daughter). All together, it is a perfect sequence of nicely changed events that will reunite a family.

Also, if you guys hate the game so damn much, just don't post in this section? It's that simple. This just furthermore proves that you are determined to hate this game.

Aemilius Blight
01-15-2007, 07:18 AM
tl;dr

FFVIII suXX0rz lol

EDIT: I was going to extend this, but then I noticed that there is already a thread just like this here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=2064978#post2064978). I'll post thoughts there instead.

Shlnsengumi
01-15-2007, 03:45 PM
tl;dr

FFVIII suXX0rz lol

EDIT: I was going to extend this, but then I noticed that there is already a thread just like this here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?p=2064978#post2064978). I'll post thoughts there instead.

Don't see your reply there troll.

Mo-Nercy
01-15-2007, 05:13 PM
It's hardly a "new" thing to put down FF8. It's just one of those games which ventured too far from the norm. As a result, fans either loved it or hated it.

The magic system wasn't something we were used to. The main character was more emo than ever. The setting wasn't medieval but futuristic. The love story played a much larger part in the game relative to other FFs. The list goes on. Depending on the eye of the beholder, these aspects of this revolutionary game were either pros or cons.

One could say that because FF9 seemed to play much more traditionally in terms of previous experiences with FF that Square themselves considered FF8 to have pushed the boundary for change a little too far. But then again, that just may be reading into it too much.

I heart FF8 myself.

I Am Stoner
01-15-2007, 05:22 PM
I really like FFVII myself, but people have thier own opinions, just let them have thier own opinions. Just let it rest man.

atlanteay
01-15-2007, 05:22 PM
hink it's a new fad, to hate on Final Fantasy VIII.

VIII is by far, my favorite Final Fantasy of them all. The story is MUCH deeper than most stories, and i'm beginning to doubt whether or not the haters here actually played and beat the game.

Music was top notch. Eyes On Me is an awesome song, and apparently the site creator had that in mind because it's called "Eyes on Final Fantasy".

Characters being underdeveloped is a big laugh. Each character had his or hers own role and unique personality.

Squall: The loner. Whoever said Squall is a necrophiliac is just... i'm sorry, stupid, because that was no where near what the developers had in mind, it's just that your probably determined to hate it.

Rinoa: The romance of Squall's life, who is evidently the one who will open Squalls heart, and change his life forever for the better.

Zell: Martial artist, very hyper and always willing to accept a good fight. Similiar to Sanosuke from RuroKen (if anyone has ever seen it).

Seifer: The rival of Squall. We all have rivals in life, and this is no exception. Both are equal in skill, and even though Seifer may have gone to far, there is always still the near friendly bond (as seen in the last cinematics)

Selphie: Are typical, "Happy-go-lucky" girl. Every FF has one. Ex: Rikku.

Quitis: Our patient and intelligent instructor of Squall. Very strict, yet in the beginning there was a sign of slight attraction to Squall.

Irvine: Our ladies man, and very charming fellow, but in the heat, he is very calm and loyal within.

Laguna: Possibly the coolest and cutest character of them all. His emotions when confronting Julia is REAL. It's not the typical dialogue thats found iN FFVIII. It's real, self-concious emotion, like in real life.

SO before you go on saying the characters were underdeveloped, take a good look at each. They are unique, yet similar to all other FF characters. (pick a FF i've played, I guarente you I can match up the characters to the different game). And stop hating on Squall. One of the games focuses is to learn how to let go of the past. Evidently, Squall has an obvious attachment disorder from when Ellone had left the orphanage, and thus is the reason for his attitude. Yet he isn't 100% emotion free. He can be overcome with emotion and choose reckless actions. Yet as the story dissolves, you learn to understand why and how he overcomes this.

The story: The story is set in a very different feel then most were used to. It had a "school days" feel. The reason for Squalls lone wolf attitude is that he shut out his emotions for the fear of being vulnerable, which is why it makes him such an exceptional student in combat. The "forced" love story is not at all forced. It is quite romantic. THroughout the game, Squalls attraction for Rinoa increases. Eventually to the climax point where Squall must decide whether or not to go out and rescue Rinoa in space.

The ideaof them all being orphanes is a nice addition. They are practically a family, which is a way different bond then seen in most games. Also.

Laguna's old crush of Julia, makes perfect sense for Squall and Rinoa to fall in love. (after all, Squall is Lagunas son, and Rinoa is Julia's daughter). All together, it is a perfect sequence of nicely changed events that will reunite a family.

Also, if you guys hate the game so damn much, just don't post in this section? It's that simple. This just furthermore proves that you are determined to hate this game.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Setharion
01-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Ill say this...people are funny, because the same people that would bash FF VIII from straying from the norm would also be right there defending FF XII saying "change is good, new is better"...when i know a person like myself feels that XII is a DRASTIC change to the point where it doesnt even feel like the series anymore.

VIII at least has characteristics of the roots to final fantasy, same with IX, X...but XII in my book is just a game to me, its not the final fantasy i grew up with and learned to love.

So thats whats funny to me...people bash VIII from being different, yet will XII that strayed 10 times farther than VIII they will defend and say the series needs a change, its like which is it.

Levian
01-15-2007, 06:26 PM
If you want people that dislike the game to listen to what you're saying then it's probably not a good idea to start the thread with calling them pathetic.

Anyway, there's already a topic on this, like Aemilius Blight said.