PDA

View Full Version : Best Death Ever

Vermachtnis
01-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Sort of inspired by the one in FFXII boards, from any game what desearves the title of your personal Best Death Ever!

I've got two:
In Syphon Filter 2, my friend and I were playing at the Jungle Level. We were being all secret and sneaking around and stuff, but then I accedentally let off the crouch button and my friend head shotted me, with a Shotgun from the other side of the map. All he could say was "You look liked a Meercat!"

In Fallout 2 I was exploring the map when suddenly was ambushed by preying mantis looking monsters. I managed to kill one, but the others surrounded me and I died soon after. Yup I was offed by a bunch of bugs.

Tavrobel
01-15-2007, 04:41 PM
Personal, experiential death?

Dying in FFX-2. I mean, it's just so completely impossible!

That and Galuf already being dead with Bone Armor when fighting Ex-Death.

Cruise Control
01-15-2007, 04:45 PM
MGS2. Tanker.

I saw a plastic explosive, but there was a guard in front of it. I went to whiip out my M-9 (the lethal gun), but pulled out my Sleeping gun. I hit him in the elbow, pulled out my M-9 (for real), and went to shoot at him, but as I pulled the trigger, he began to fall asleep. As he went down, the bullet passed by where his chest was, and hit the explosive. I said "BULL :skull::skull::skull::skull:!"

NeoCracker
01-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Xenosaga episode III Death of Jin Uzuki Simply an amazing scene.

And Galuf.

thegirth
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
crushed by a rock from the bridge at Beaver/Battle Creek in Halo 2 (i always forget what its called, i know its battle in one and beaver in the other i just forget which it is) my friend punched it with a needler and it killed me

Jowy
01-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Sabotaging Luca Blight's night raid in Suikoden II. Blasting him with a barrage of arrows, beating him down with three groups of people, and finally putting and end to him in a dramatic one on one duel.

But if we're referring to the "goddammit I hate this game" kind of death, then it's going to be the speederbike level in Battletoads.

NorthernChaosGod
01-18-2007, 09:27 PM
I've got two:
In Syphon Filter 2, my friend and I were playing at the Jungle Level. We were being all secret and sneaking around and stuff, but then I accedentally let off the crouch button and my friend head shotted me, with a Shotgun from the other side of the map. All he could say was "You look liked a Meercat!"

What kind of crappy game lets you get a head shot with a shotgun from across the map?!? :confused:

The best death I have ever had while playing a video game was while playing Halo 2.

I was playing team Slayer with a bunch of friends on Coagulation, I was at one base, my friend was at the other. I am sniping on their base, he is sniping on mine. I walk a little too far ahead and start falling off on of the sniping points, but I see him as I fall and get a shot in, but just as I shoot, he shoots, so we both die.

Little Blue
01-18-2007, 10:32 PM
This isn't really a death in the sense of my character being killed, more like a massacre of lemmings that made me lose. On the original Lemmings game I once dug down so far I thought any lemmings falling into it would splat on the base. Fortunately they didn't and I continued digging. Once free from the pit I had dug them, they were faced with water. I built over the water, running out of builders almost short of the other side of the lake, but they just made it. Home wasn't that far away now and I just had them all follow the flat path that would take them home.

I lost all 80 lemmings to a bear trap that I did not see on the ground.

As the sound effect echoed 80 times I saw their little pixelated bodies be chewed up and disappear one after another. I was sad, but I found it funny that after such close calls earlier in the level that I should lose them all to something like a bear trap. :D

XxSephirothxX
01-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Playing Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory against one of my friends who only plays video games a year and is absolutely horrible at them. I was being a mercenary, and half paying attention the game as I gave him tips on how to play. As I tracked him down, he fell of a ladder, landed on my head, and crushed me. Probably the only kill he got all night, but everybody there was in stitches for hours. :p

Ramza Beoulve
01-18-2007, 10:39 PM
The best death I have ever had... It must be in Megaman X6, in the battle versus High Max before defeating the 8 mavericks.

I was playing with Zero, and lasted 1 hour battling him, because sometimes neither of us had harm, and in the last minute, both had only one point of live, an attacked at the same time, but he jumped my last attack :(, my brother joked me off all the smurfing week :mad2:

fantasyjunkie
01-19-2007, 06:39 AM
World of Warcraft. We were at that orc castle right near Lakeshire. I was the tank. The plan was for me to wait at the bottom of the stairs and one of the party members would run inside and pull a couple of orcs where I would take them on with the other party members behind me doing ranged attacks. Well that party member came running out of the castle as fast as he could with an ARMY of orcs behind him that promptly bowled me over.
As we all stood as ghosts in the graveyard one of our party said,"I think we can all agree that wasn't a very good idea." :D

Aemilius Blight
01-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Sabotaging Luca Blight's night raid in Suikoden II. Blasting him with a barrage of arrows, beating him down with three groups of people, and finally putting and end to him in a dramatic one on one duel.
This is the correct answer.

Also, Albedo in Xenosaga Episode II.

Also, watching Kevin in Xenosaga Episode III kill all my characters from full health with Destructive Impulse + Heaven’s Tracker and watching them all revive with full HP (thanks to chaos) only to see him boost his turn straight away and kill them all again with the same attack. That was pretty lol.

black orb
01-19-2007, 07:31 AM
>>> Die in a videogame is shameful..

Markus. D
01-19-2007, 04:13 PM
not that any of you will understand this :(

But I cast Diaga via Macro accidently once.

Set off alot of Damselfly.

Killed Myself
Killed My party.
Killed various others who were trying to help x3
Almost killed my "Fairy Server (|You Can Have This|) Right"

Lost Number
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Funniest death? In Timesplitters 3, me and my friends were playing bagtag. After running around with the bag for close on 20 minutes, the entire match, without one hit (my friends suck). Then, 30 seconds to go, I get hit with a brick and die.
My second worst death is in AoE2, so its more like best way to lose. I sent 200 of my finest soldiers to attack his base, and got them ALL killed when i realized that once you broke through his walls, there were 20 bombards towers and a lot of soldiers waiting. 200 dead in under 3 minutes.
My third worst death was while I was trying to snipe my friend in CS:S I accidentally typed a message to him instead of my team. The message read "i'm right behind him and he doesnt see me, i'll be taking the stick outta him for weeks after this".
He turned round and shot me.

Araciel
01-19-2007, 10:10 PM
But if we're referring to the "goddammit I hate this game" kind of death, then it's going to be the speederbike level in Battletoads.

OH EM EFF GEE

yes!

Ichimonji
01-19-2007, 11:04 PM
I have to give props to Luca Blight and Albedo, but another good death is The Boss from MGS3.

vorpal blade
01-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Near the beginning of FFT (before Dorter) I was in the plains and sent my chemist to the other side of the stage to revive a fallen knight, only t6o realize that the chemist couldn't use phoenix downs. Fortunately, I was able to end the battle before the knight died.