PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings Online

Mikztsu
01-15-2007, 10:40 PM
I myself have been waiting this release for years now, and it seems that finally this year the Lord of the Rings Online kicks off. It's been Beta-tested for a while now. Now that I've quit FFXI, I'm waiting this release to dedicate in to ( unless, against my hopes game turns out to be disappointment)

I think the game looks very promising and it's also a good sign they haven't rushed it as the game has been under development for many years now. Graphics look good and some features seem very interesting.

http://lotro.tentonhammer.com/ is a decent resource for this game.

I've applied for Beta testing, but I was out of luck.

Rinion
01-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Oh, my Lord in heaven, I have been waiting for this for ages. I've looked into it quite a bit, and it is beautiful. Environmental and real-time graphics are beautiful. I cannot wait for it to come out.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-16-2007, 01:19 AM
ive heard about this but id like to know more, its basically WoW in LoTR form right?

Mikztsu
01-16-2007, 01:48 AM
ive heard about this but id like to know more, its basically WoW in LoTR form right?

No, not really. They are two completely different games, as FFXI differs from WoW it seems like LOTRO will differ from two a lot as well. so much that they're pretty much beyond comparison.

Check out my link for details. :) Also everyone can go check some videos from youtube.

Miriel
01-16-2007, 02:26 AM
I know a few people who are in Beta, but I haven't heard much about the actual experience of playing the game, positive or negative.

I might be interested in it if I hear that it's like, really really fun. But right now, I have my hands full with FFXI to even be considering another MMORPG.

NINJA_Ryu
01-16-2007, 04:36 AM
Two questpins are brought to mind after a little browsing.

Why cant we be on Saurons side?

and..

If they have a limit on licensing, is there only SO much they can do? How can they expand on what has already happened? (since they are limited to charachters, places, events, and the such, or so it seems)

Rostum
01-16-2007, 04:40 AM
It looks pretty good, but you'd really have to wait and see. The environments look fantastic as do the models, but the fact that it's Lord of the Rings doesn't really do it much justice for me.

fantasyjunkie
01-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Star Wars Galaxies had a lot of people excited but the game was horribly designed. I hope its not the case here.

Markus. D
01-16-2007, 10:56 AM
I know my friend Kassie will want it when it becomes available.