PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross Lucky Seven

LunarWeaver
01-15-2007, 10:43 PM
It seems clear to me not everybody was happy with Cross ditching much potential character development in favor of the gotta-catch-'em-all approach.

Soo..If you had to whittle it down to the standard RPG party of 7, whom would you deem worthy of making the cut?

Here are my seven =o

1)Glenn
2)Guile
3)Radius
4)Riddel
5)Fargo
6)Razzly
7)Norris

Now, all 3 people that bother coming in this section of the for(a?)um may be wondering "What the hell is this jibba-jabba? Where's Kid, Harle, and Serge? And why is Razzly there?"

Well, since Kid and Harle are gone for story reasons for most of the game (excluding New Game + loopholes), I don't feel the need to include them. They will be like a guest eighth character. Kid is absent almost the entire game and it's not like you even have to get her back. She may be important, but not as a playable character. Razzly is there to fill the annoying-but-cute character void. Better than Poshul or Pip, isn't it?

Serge I'm not including because the silent protagonist thing rubs me the wrong way. Instead, Glenn gets to be the main character of the entire game. He's already connected to anybody important, and with a few line rewrites it will be fine.

I'd much rather have a main character that actually speaks then just sits there in a pink bandana nodding now again. I know it trickled down from Trigger, but meh, I'd have changed it. ENOUGH JIVE, Glenn is the main character in my version, so sniff my pixie stick if you disagree.

Ahem. That's all. I think this was done once before? My memory is a huge pile of :skull::skull::skull::skull: and I can't remember anymore.

Edit: I just realized there are three Green innate characters and no Red. My party is going to suck.

NeoCracker
01-15-2007, 11:16 PM
1) Serge: You've got to have the silent protaganist silly, otherwise it wouldn't be a Chrono Game.

2) Kid: She's hot. Aside from her story reasons, thats more than enough reason to keep her in the party.

3)Starky: He gets you ship the star ship stuff which is very important. Plus he rocks hard.

4.) Radius: Every game needs an old guy who knows stuff.

5.) Norris: Ally from enemy country is a good thing.

6.) Guile: He's a pimp.

7.) Fargo: Prirates are the :skull::skull::skull::skull:. And Fargo is just cool.

This my friend is the cool party, and if you don't agree you fail.

edczxcvbnm
01-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Serge
Glenn
Starky
Karsh
Fargo
Kid
Harle

theundeadhero
01-28-2007, 09:12 AM
It's entirely mandatory for the main character in a Chrono game for the main character not to talk.

As a quick fill in:

Serge
Kid
Starky
Glenn
Harley
Karsh
I can't remember.

Eiko Guy
02-10-2007, 04:22 PM
chrono
kid
harle
glenn
guile
mikki (dancer right)
draggy

Shotgunnova
02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
1) Poshul

My favorite Chrono character of all time, ever, times infinity. She's such a funny dog and has the funniest lisp ever. When she says "thpontaneouthry combuthted," I'm basking in the glow of a million burning suns...of awesomeness. :D

2) Draggy

Draggy's another animal character, and strings out his 's' syllables. Not that big on fire-type characters, but he's still awesome. Plus, I'm his mother -- who knew!

3) Leah

Leah forms the Holy Trinity of my characters. Little girls are alright, but little girls with huge axes are how it should be. That she can do the DraggyRider doubletech is even better -- she deservedly gets the third spot.

4) Karsh

Kinda stupid at times, but he has an axe, too. I mean, how many people's heads does a guy have to lop off to get some respect up in his house, err, Vipor Manor? One of the Divas for good reason.

5) Fargo

He's a pirate, wants booty, nostalgiclistblahblah. Mostly he's in my party 'cause he can steal and uses swords -- instawin!

6) Glenn

Probably the only worthwhile reason to /not/ help out a certain lass, he builds the early X-Strike strategy and is just all-around useful. Plus, he gets the Einlanzers later on (x2!) and is super-special. Yup. >_>

7) Serge

I guess since he's mandatory I should have him in here, but he's white-innate and can use MagNegate...plus he's cuts stuff up with a swallow weapon and channels CT fury with Luminaire. He's a silent protagonist, too, so he's got none of those stupid goofball lines -- yay!

Laddy
02-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Serge

Kid

Poshul

Glenn

Nikki

Draggy

Harle

Reeno the Alchemist
02-17-2007, 02:31 AM
ok im doing this out of pure favorite and not even thinking about the innate crap cause that would take to long for me to think about cause id have to write out all of there names and innate and think about what not so yea..anways
1)Kid-shes my all time favorite and would be my main character ^^
2)Norris - this guy is so cool i cant pass up the guy who is desguised as a dish washer <3
3)Grobyc - this guy is really strong i like him
4)Serge - cant be chrono cross without sergy
5)Glenn - this guy rox my checkered sox that i dont own
6)Zoah - or whom i named kenny based off of kenpachi of bleach cause hes so COOL
7)Harle - shes a clown what do you expect and i luv her lvl 7 tech its craptastic (in the good way) there be mine ^^

VeloZer0
03-01-2007, 09:27 PM
In a game without an involved character setup investment I think having people phase in and out of the party is something developers should take advantage of (Ex FF4). Many of the characters I think should have just joined you for the portion of the game to which they were relivant and than left after. (Naturaly it would de-equip them when they leave, we all know how lame it is when that doesn't happen)

For instance, when you go to Gaia's Navel the first time you are forced to have Leah in your party. If you come back after the story event you can then chose to have her in your party for your time in Gaia's Navel.

That said, the Core Characters I feel that you should have access to all the time are:

Serge
Glenn
Kid
Karsh / Zoah / Marcy
(You should only be able to pick one of them to perminantly join you.)
Radius
Fargo
Noris
Riddel

Thats 8 people, however having only Fargo or Noris would cut it down to 7, I just can't pick which to cut.

Odin's Follower
03-05-2007, 10:28 PM
1. Serge:of course

2. Glenn:This guy kicks serious butt. Who wouldn't want him?

3. Karsh: Gotta have a guy with a giant axe right?

4. Norris: Busts a cap on people.

5. Fargo: Gotta have the pirate who loves booty.

6. Guile: This guy is a pimp.

7. Starky: I love the little guy. He's so cute.

I think the idea that Kid should be a bonus eighth character is good. Because she is out of your party for too long to be a main character.

im_mrbrightside20
03-07-2007, 03:46 AM
As Serge i LOVEEEE throughout the story

1) Leena- her magic is good and she has good strength
2)Glenn- pretty much amazing
3)Macha- she is strong and has good techs too

As Lynx

1)HARLE!- seriously next to the main character she is like the best...she has a HUGE element grid...and her attacks NEVER MISS(usually) her strength resistance magic and agility make her amazing...she is by far the best party member ever
2)Karsh- He's a beast
3) Riddel- Highest Magic and M.Resistance...and her techs are good...plus Ultra Nova and MagNegate...shes a freaking beast...the only white innate worth using when serge i thinik

my 7th character is of course the main character...lol duh

Nakor TheBlue Rider
03-22-2007, 03:40 AM
Havnt played CC in years but I think i remember most of it.

Serge - I like his 2 handed weapon and silent Protagonist.
Harle - She's just cool
Kid - Also Cool and Important to game story.
Luccia - Reminds me of Lucca from Chrono Trigger so I like.
Orlha - cool and pritty strong
Marcy - also pritty strong
Leena - She's cute and she likes Serge so she can join.

Thats what I Choose.

Moon Rabbits
03-28-2007, 03:51 AM
See, there were so many that the only one's I remember are Lynx, Serge, and Kid.

Doomie
03-29-2007, 01:55 AM
Serge
Glenn
Karsh
Viper
Harle
Fargo
Norris

Dario is the secret temporary eighth character. I wish.

stalpho slayer
03-29-2007, 04:54 PM
i'll buy chronno cross pm me us only

Jowy
03-29-2007, 07:00 PM
You can have mine for fifty bucks. It's non greatest hits and factory sealed.

I Took the Red Pill
04-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Serge
Glenn
Karsh
Radius
Starky
Poshul
Miguel

Yes, I am throwing Miguel in there.

BBman108
04-07-2007, 03:26 AM
Serge - You need a protaganist, and Serge fills the role adequatly

Leena - Fills in the standard 'girlfriend' role

Glenn - Super badass mofo and IMO the best fighter in the game, plus the similarities to frog make him just too damn awesome

Guile - Cool mage who floats come on what's not to like. I'd also have made it so he was Magnus... if you don't know what i'm talking about I hate you

Harle - Good character, and romantic connection to main Serge makes for amusing situations

Karsh - Badass fighter and Axes are cool

Draggy - For the nonhuman quota

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Serge - I love his weapon and he kicks ass.

Glenn - Glenn is the :skull::skull::skull::skull:. 'nuff said. Awesome swords, killerness all around.

Fargo - Kick ass pirateness. Steals stuff.

Grobyc - Grobyc is my favorite character. He can do no wrong.

Draggy - Draggy is just cool.

Yeah. Actually, these are the only ones I really like to use. So there. If I could use only three, it would be Glenn, Grobyc and Fargo. Maybe Serge instead of Grobyc or Fargo. I don't know.

Laddy
04-10-2007, 03:05 AM
Glenn - Super badass mofo and IMO the best fighter in the game, plus the similarities to frog make him just too damn awesome. Just wanna point this out, remember Frog's human name? If so, it makes sense...