PDA

View Full Version : auto log in

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-16-2007, 02:02 AM

end this

i used to be able to auto log in without having to click my username, than a week ago i had to start clicking to log in, how do i stop this?

rih29
01-16-2007, 04:00 AM
Get linux.

rubah
01-16-2007, 04:31 AM
If they're unable to fix this, linux is the last thing they need to cope with.

Sadly, I can't remember what to do about it, and I'm not about to stick myself with getting into your position trying to figure out how you can fix it.

Endless
01-16-2007, 09:15 AM
If you have SP1 or >, get TweakUI from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
Install it, then start > run > tweakui, and in it, go to logon > autologon

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-16-2007, 10:26 PM
is there any other way? i dont want to download that

Yamaneko
01-16-2007, 10:29 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231

blackmage_nuke
01-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Go to control panel
User accounts
Change way users log on or off
Untick use welcome screen

But thats a guess

-

Little Blue
01-16-2007, 10:32 PM
I had a problem like this a while ago. I dunno if it's the same cause as yours, but I had to click to login even though I was the only username showing on the computer.

I fixed it by going to my user admin thingy in XP (control panel -> user accounts), and deleted any accounts other than mine. I think something I did a couple days before I noticed this created a new username that would not show on the login screen for god knows why, and after this it never happened again.

Hope this was helpful, though I doubt it...

EDIT: Or do what blackmage_nuke said.

Yamaneko
01-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Go to control panel
User accounts
Change way users log on or off
Untick use welcome screen

But thats a guess

-
That only gives the classic NT login where you must manually input username and password.

What Duality mentioned might work, but I have no idea as I work with multiple accounts.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-17-2007, 12:34 AM
wait so does that mean i have to put int the username and the password? cuase i have wut either is...

edit: i see another account that i dont remember having? does this come with the computer? how do i log onto it?

Endless
01-17-2007, 07:28 AM
It's a non activated account created by default, no need to touch it.

is there any other way? i dont want to download that

Why not? It's like 150kb, and a powerful tool to boot. It'll do what you're asking for, and probably more once you start looking at what it allows you to customize.

Little Blue
01-17-2007, 09:40 AM
I think that's the account I got. If I remember correctly, it might've been added when I tried to install some visual basic .NET thingy. I just deleted it and was never asked to login on startup ever again.