PDA

View Full Version : Steve Irwin's Final Documentary to Air this Sunday!

Spawn of Sephiroth
01-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Steve Irwin's final documentary, "Oceans Deadliest" will air this Sunday, January 21 on Animal Planet.

Ocean's Deadliest (http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/oceans-deadliest/about-the-show/about-the-show.html)

rih29
01-16-2007, 03:58 AM
Is this the one that shows him dying?

Aemilius Blight
01-16-2007, 04:00 AM
We can only hope.

rih29
01-16-2007, 04:06 AM
Why would I want to watch Steve Irwin die?

Aemilius Blight
01-16-2007, 04:08 AM
For purely respectful and educational reasons, I assure you!

rih29
01-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Teachers will make use of showing children a man being fatally stung by a Stingray. For sure.

Aemilius Blight
01-16-2007, 04:13 AM
I've got nothing.

Yar
01-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Hopefully I won't have to hear that lame "they're all reruns" joke anymore. It's just annoying.

rih29
01-16-2007, 04:38 AM
Hopefully I won't have to hear that lame "they're all reruns" joke anymore. It's just annoying.
They're all reruns.

Spawn of Sephiroth
01-16-2007, 04:52 PM
No, it will not show him die. It is the documentary on the animals. On one site I read, forget where, it also said that it will show everything up until the morning he got killed. So everything taped that morning will not be shown. And why would you wanna watch him die, that really disrespectful.

Madame Adequate
01-16-2007, 05:44 PM
No, it will not show him die. It is the documentary on the animals. On one site I read, forget where, it also said that it will show everything up until the morning he got killed. So everything taped that morning will not be shown. And why would you wanna watch him die, that really disrespectful.

No, it's disrespectful to be so craven and cowardly as to not be able to watch a man die. He has died. Have the courage to watch it happen and try to understand what it means.

Bunny
01-16-2007, 05:48 PM
STEVE IRWIN DIED?!

Spawn of Sephiroth
01-17-2007, 12:03 AM

No, it's disrespectful to be so craven and cowardly as to not be able to watch a man die. He has died. Have the courage to watch it happen and try to understand what it means.

There is nothing cowardly about this, I just believe it is rude and disrespectful for not only him, but his family as well.

Shlup
01-17-2007, 12:09 AM
The irony of that title amuses me.

I don't get your logic, boss man.

Yamaneko
01-17-2007, 12:13 AM
It doesn't mean anything. He was killed filming a documentary about animal life, not fighting Apartheid. His death is personal and I would suspect that his family would like to keep it that way.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-17-2007, 12:52 AM

There is nothing cowardly about this, I just believe it is rude and disrespectful for not only him, but his family as well.

Exactly, you're right Spawn, it would be terribly disrespectful, and I never condone the media manipulating the death of a popular figure through sensationalism.

Besides, Milf, the decision of whether or not that footage should be shown to anyone is down to the personal choice of his family. I doubt you yourself would want your own death in the future broadcast to millions, and even if you did, that would be a choice only for you and your family. Furthermore, most of the Crocodile Hunter's fan base is comprised of children, who should not be subjected to that level of gore and emotional impact.

escobert
01-17-2007, 02:12 AM
The irony of that title amuses me.

I don't get your logic, boss man.

For once I agree with her

Lynx
01-17-2007, 03:16 AM
STEVE IRWIN DIED?!

your kidding right?

i really doubt itll show him die. i really doubt his family wouyld want to show that. besides i coudnt watch him die thatd be to horrible to watch my old hero die :(

rih29
01-17-2007, 03:19 AM
STEVE IRWIN DIED?!

your kidding right?

i really doubt itll show him die. i really doubt his family wouyld want to show that. besides i coudnt watch him die thatd be to horrible to watch my old hero die :(
It won't.

Bunny
01-17-2007, 04:20 AM
STEVE IRWIN DIED?!

your kidding right?

Yes. I believe I made a post or two in the announcement at this very forum.

They won't show video of his death because they are still milking the "wounded family" standpoint. As soon as they need more publicity, the video will "be stolen by an intruder and be leaked to the public". Standard publicity plots.

Spawn of Sephiroth
01-17-2007, 04:27 PM
STEVE IRWIN DIED?!

your kidding right?

its not gonna show him die, they have already said that on one website.

Dreddz
01-17-2007, 08:38 PM
His death isnt going to be shown you peanuts....

Xaven
01-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Wouldn't the TV parental-rating soar?

I'll be busy all day on Saturday. Maybe I'll watch a recording or rerun later. I haven't watched his television shows in a while.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Seriously!? So by your logic you would be ok if someone taped and showed to the world, a loved one of yours getting killed by a hit and run accident so people would stop speeding!?

apparently all the tapes showing his death have been destroyed except with the original which is kept with Steves wife!

- - - TAURUS - - -
01-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Didn't Steve Irwin mentioned he wanted the world to see his death? Yes, I think he did.

Nominus Experse
01-18-2007, 03:59 PM
If it showed his death, it would shift the focus to that fated scene rather than his documentary, which would be exactly the opposite Steve, his family, the producers, et cetera et cetera would want.

Fuck, seriously, stop being so damned naive and stupid. They are not going to show his death in his last documentary on public television, and the reasons ought to be obvious.

If not, then you have no hope but to be a dolt for the remainder of your life.

Mr. Graves
01-19-2007, 12:48 AM
I'll make a point to watch. It'll be neat seeing the last episode.

Mikztsu
01-19-2007, 01:08 AM
You are not gonna see him die, thank god.

I read couple weeks ago from newspaper, that the one and only copy which has Steve's death has been given to his family rightfully so. Article also said that the whole production team made it very high priority that tape will never get into wrong hands so his death wouldn't spread to the internet. They apparently did very good job. It's couple weeks ago I read it so I can't remember exact words, but some of his family member said that watching his death would be very personal thing and it shouldn't been seen anyone outside his family. Also she said they weren't sure if they're ever gonna watch his death.

I know I wouldn't watch my family members death on a screen for sure. I don't want to watch anyone's death. For example I didn't even think of watching Saddam Hussein's execution.

atlanteay
01-19-2007, 01:11 AM
it won't show his death because i think he went for a private diving trip without the other guy he was filming the documentary with. Besides.... you really think animal planet would show deaths and goring...and etc? they just won't show his death. It's both disrespectful and uhh requires PG.:p

Cruise Control
01-21-2007, 03:46 PM
It would be rather funny to see him die. There's so much irony in it.

Shlup
01-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Note: I should ban anyone who thinks its possible they'd show his death for being a moron, but I'm not doing that because I'm a softie. Thank me, you jackasses.

DarkLadyNyara
01-21-2007, 09:15 PM
I want to see the documentary, it sounds interesting. However, I'm glad it won't show his death. Partly because there is no point, partly because it would detract from the rest of it, and partly because it would be pretty insensitive to his familly.

Spawn of Sephiroth
01-22-2007, 04:53 PM
See, just like I said, they didn't show it. They didn't even include the fact that he got killed except for after the credits, it had a pic of him and said "In Memory of Steve Irwin"