PDA

View Full Version : Ochu like thing in omega ruins - easy way?

RyanML
01-16-2007, 06:19 AM
hey,

just wondering if there was an easy way to beat these? I personally think i am at a high enough level to beat these but bad breath always gets me, i recovered from that once and killed it in 2 attacks, but most of the time my charactors always kill themselfs or eachother and then its game over for me.

any help with this would be great as im attempting to go and kill the omega weapon, but these ochu things keep getting in my way :(

Little Blue
01-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Fist Strike, and ribbon too if you can get it on your version :p

An overdrive or too might be handy too ;)

Other than that, I can't remember any decent methods against this fiend...

No.78
01-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Even the strongest can be taken down with bad breath O.o yeah it's just a matter of first strike and/or ribbon and maybe a bit of luck lol. Malboros sucks.

blackmage_nuke
01-16-2007, 10:44 AM
even a cofuseproof, beserkproof and esuna work

-

TheSpoonyBard
01-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Have the character with First Strike use Provoke on the Great Malboro. No more Bad Breath unless that character leaves the battle.

Shin Gouken
01-16-2007, 11:27 AM
First strike a must (customise weapon with i think a return sphere)

Then have/do one of the following...

Provoke - will prevent him from using Bad breath

Ribbon - Bad breath rendered useless against you

Beserk proof, confuse proof, sleep proof and silenceproof/darkproof/poisenproof - Protect from the worst, Beserk and confuse mainly

Summon - Bahamut with doublecast have have him beat fast

Sain Cai
01-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I always equipped Tidus with First Strike also, then used Provoke. The Great Malboro will then use a physical attack on the party, not that strong if memory serves.

RyanML
01-16-2007, 08:22 PM
its pissing me off a bit now, im trying to teach lulu provoke but as soon as i get close to it on the sphere grid one pops up and slaughters me, goddamn game!

Tavrobel
01-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Auron should have Provoke already, by now. But I'm sure that one could use a Special Sphere and save yourself the trouble of having to have Auron gain all of that tasty experience. Boardwalk fries and taters, mm'hmm.

Little Blue
01-16-2007, 09:10 PM
its pissing me off a bit now, im trying to teach lulu provoke but as soon as i get close to it on the sphere grid one pops up and slaughters me, goddamn game!

Isn't that an indication to save often? ;)

jammi567
01-16-2007, 09:26 PM
basically, have protection against beserk and confusion, and you'll be fine.

Shin Gouken
01-16-2007, 10:05 PM
just twat them like mad and hope for the best

RyanML
01-17-2007, 12:26 AM

bit hard when theres no save points aint it. smart arse lol :P

im not using auron at the moment, im trying to train up yuna and i have lulu and tidus on my team with her, tidus is my main attacker (can kill most things in there in one shot) and lulu is the only one with that 1st attack thing, shes not far away from gaining provoke ( bout 20 sphere levels, and thats not that hard to get in the omega ruins, its just that the marlboro's or whatever get in my way :(

Tavrobel
01-17-2007, 12:33 AM
I hope you know that in the Omega Ruins, the place where you start is right next to a save point, and is the area of the Ruins where you are most likely to encounter at least one of all of the enemies that can be found (except the Weapons) within twenty minutes. You won't lose anything by staying near the Save Point, and you're probably MORE likely to not encounter Greater Marlboros.

Don't forget your +AP equipment, when possible. The Arena drops a great many of these, if you can actually beat any of the enemies at this point.

Sain Cai
01-17-2007, 01:16 AM

im not using auron at the moment, im trying to train up yuna and i have lulu and tidus on my team with her, tidus is my main attacker (can kill most things in there in one shot) and lulu is the only one with that 1st attack thing, shes not far away from gaining provoke ( bout 20 sphere levels, and thats not that hard to get in the omega ruins, its just that the marlboro's or whatever get in my way :(

Ummmm, if tidus is in your party, why not customize a weapon with a return sphere to get first strike, and use him for provoke?

Mirage
01-17-2007, 01:21 AM

I don't understand the problem. If a malboro kills you, you will be right next to a save sphere when you load the game again. Just run around near it and save after every other battle or so.

RyanML
01-17-2007, 01:29 AM
i know theres a save point by the begining im on about as i get further into the ruins, i have provoke and 1st strike now so im on my way to go get them :D

thanks for the help people

Mirage
01-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Yeah but if you need to train, you should stay close to a save spot, not walk far off.

Tavrobel
01-17-2007, 01:54 AM
Explore after you have adequate training. I don't see why you are attempting to progress further and further without proper experience, away from a Save Point. What a massive waste of time and juicy AP.

RyanML
01-17-2007, 02:13 AM
is he only there at a certain point in the game? just got there now and hes not there lmao, guess ive beaten him already lol. awell, gained 47 levels with tidus, 78 with yuna and 56 with lulu.

awell thats what you get from playing a game you havent played in a while

Yuffie514
01-17-2007, 08:15 AM
that sounds like a Great Malboro you are talking about. you should have First Strike, which you can add onto a weapon or armor (i forgot). my strategy is to simply use Provoke on it as my first action and so far, not a single smelly breath. but you don't have to take my word for it.