PDA

View Full Version : Power Outages are my worst enemy!

Ben
01-16-2007, 01:09 PM
This is what happened... Yesterday, I had the day off from school and was getting farther on Zelda Twighlight princess, I was in the Goron mines, I hadn't saved it since I got in the place, so I was on the second level. I just got past some of the magnetic ceilings, and....Everything went dark, the lamps, the T.V, and my gamecube. My hart stopped...I was so mad I about threw my controller out the window. It just so happens that the power caples decided to snap from the ice storm we'd had the night before...but boy...I was soooo mad.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-16-2007, 03:35 PM
They peeve me off a bit too. I was playing SimCity and I had a deal with one of my neighbouring cities that I would supply them with power. All of a sudden one of my plants went Kabooey and I ended up having to pay the fee we arranged on the event of an abrupt power cut without any formal warning

Jowy
01-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Star Ocean 3. Sphere 211. Somewhere around floor ~150.

Yeah, I was pissed.

NeoCracker
01-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Way to much data lost from power outages. Way to much.

Peter_20
01-16-2007, 04:01 PM
For some reason, I never get power outages while playing a game; it comes before I'm about to start, or afterwards, but never WHILE I'm playing. :p

Ben
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Star Ocean 3. Sphere 211. Somewhere around floor ~150.

Yeah, I was pissed.

Ouch, That takes a while to get through, I feel bad for you.

Craig
01-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I was playing Kingdom Hearts 2, and I was practically at the end of the Hades Paradox cup, when I started to get a bit paranoid and went to check how much money I had on my electricity meter. There was 14p, so I took out the little stick thing and put it back in to activate the £5 that you get and carried on playing.

Pike
01-16-2007, 06:08 PM
I recall once I was playing OoT and I had just beaten the Fire Temple when the power went off. I hadn't saved in well over an hour. Yeah it was kind of irritating. But what can ya do?

I sort of like power outages so long as they don't last too long. I can play Game Boy or DS while I wait for it to come back on. It's most fun when the power goes off at night and it's pitch black and you have to use flashlights and have candles everywhere XD

LunarWeaver
01-16-2007, 07:22 PM
I have lost data, missed endings of movies or tv shows, all that stuff from power outages. Damn you power outages. When the electricity goes out, I get sort of depressed because I have nothing to do and it's like this blunt reminder that without electronics my life is a huge piece of boring :skull::skull::skull::skull:. :hahaha:

rih29
01-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I was once power leveling Aerith on FFVII, and I had just gotten one of her limit breaks. Then the power went out.

Luckily, the PSX was plugged into a different plug, and only the TV went and not the PSX. :D

Little Blue
01-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Typically, if the power goes, doesn't your whole house get plunged into a lack of power, not just one plug ;) Sounds like you just had a fuse or something go in your TV.

The last time I had a power failure I was on my laptop so I didn't notice anything :D, but other times I've just missed TV shows, so nothing major went to electronic oblivion :)

Xaven
01-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Typically, if the power goes, doesn't your whole house get plunged into a lack of power, not just one plug ;) Sounds like you just had a fuse or something go in your TV.
I believe one of his house's circuit breakers (or fuses) tripped, not just the TV's. :D

I haven't had a black out at my house in... 4-5 years I believe. It's great when they're at school though. I'm sure now that's it's 2007, I'd probably play my brother's DS. :D

I also don't recall ever losing game data due to power cuts.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-16-2007, 11:41 PM
This year I had a black out for like eight hours and me and my roomate had to stay up til 2am when the power came back on because we needed to set our alarm clocks. Then one time during the night we lost power (thus alarm clocks). Thankfully my roommate woke up on her own. I had a final that day and she had work.

It has been irking me that we lose our power without notice. I mean our lines are underground for pete's sake! If they are going to work on them, give us a bit of advance notice.

Xaven
01-16-2007, 11:44 PM
This year I had a black out for like eight hours and me and my roomate had to stay up til 2am when the power came back on because we needed to set our alarm clocks. Then one time during the night we lost power (thus alarm clocks). Thankfully my roommate woke up on her own. I had a final that day and she had work.
Psh. That's why you use battery-powered alarm clocks. Or you can use both like I used to. :D

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-16-2007, 11:49 PM
I have a battery in my plug-in alarm clock but it seems not to work, it could be dead though. It was a cheap Dolloarama battery anyways.

I have one that is battery only, but it is not loud enough normally to wake me up. I am a heavy sleeper. Big time.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
01-17-2007, 01:03 AM
power outages corrupt my entire memory card :cry: you dont know what its like to lose months in a second

Shlup
01-17-2007, 01:07 AM
That sounds terribly annoying. At least when my power goes out I have my husband to, y'know, entertain me.