PDA

View Full Version : Who uses Orlandu alone in random battles?

Dark Messenger
01-16-2007, 02:39 PM
It's great! I use this setup:

Excalibur
Crystal Shield (or gold Escutcheon if available)
Thief Hat (Speed +2)
Power Sleeve (Power +2)
Bracer (Power +3)

All Swordskill
Punch Art (for Chakra)
Counter
Secret Hunt
Move HP Up

Chakra and Move HP Up are for if he's got only Undead and Night Sword is useless against them. (Once I was fooling around and made him kill HIMSELF with Night Sword against a Bone Snatch!)

With high Brave, Excalibur, being a Knight Sword, will be stronger to poach monsters. Counter is almost an Auto-Poach.

Also, I use a Summoner with Setiemson (Transparent, Haste, Magic +2) and Math Skills, Two-Swords (with Wizard Rods, Magic +4!) solo in battles! Ditto with a Wizard. Summoner and Wizard are female.
Both with Faith at 82.

conan
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Nice.

feioncastor
01-17-2007, 02:32 AM
I've done the solo Orlandu thing many times, even against tough story battles. But honestly, I find it more fun to just bench T.G. Cid and try to beat the game without his awesomeness. It's cooler to utilize job classes that seem weak in comparison to Orlandu and form a strategic plan of attack for each fight. Like, having a Time Mage to haste your guys and slow the bad guys, and maybe Don't Move them.

Snowy-Prower
01-20-2007, 03:11 PM
I do that as well. :3 My set up.
Excalibur
Chaos Blade.
Genji Helmit
Genji mail.
Bracer.

All Swordskill.
Punch art.
Blade Grasp.
Two swords.
Move HP up.

He's a self sufficent demon, what he can't heal with chakra he can heal with night sword and plus he get's life from the regen placed on him from the chaos blade, and Move HP up. Did I not forget to mention haste from excalabar. Also, his defence lies in blade grasp and with a bravery of 97, nothing is getthing through.

GenjiSlash
02-13-2007, 08:45 PM
T.G. Cid just makes the game to easy if u use him once u get him...im with feioncastor on this one. Bench the over powered bastard and do some real gaming....

LoKuS
02-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Ya, take his items and bench him.