PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of having a Hunter with the "Capture" ability?

Llednar Twem
01-16-2007, 09:37 PM
I really don't get why anyone would need a morpher.
It's just another job class.

Yuffie514
01-17-2007, 04:13 AM
well, first of all, Morpher is a powerful class. it allows the Morpher to change into a captured monster and use their abilities.

also Capture is needed to catch a monster. you will also get the monster's soul and visit it at the Monster Bank in Cyril. you can feed your monsters and they will eventually become stronger. nuff said.

Omega Sin
01-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Morphers are awesome! Not only are souls very powerful items to use, with generally high attack stats, but the power of the monsters abilities are unmatched. In addition, the power of the monsters abilities increases when you increase the stats of the monsters you have caught. There are ways to increase the monsters stats. You must use a hunter with the capture ability to catch the monsters. Hunters on their own arent very special, but Capture is a great ability to know. I suppose the other ability to have is sidewinder, when dealing with monsters, and Ultima Shot if you have the MP. Morphers are great, and I have at least one in my party at all times. Works great when youre dealing with trickier opponents during the missions.

Grendal
02-04-2007, 04:50 AM
If you build a Morpher up sufficiently, then they can be extremely powerful. Especially with Flan abuse. Basically, capture every type of Flan at level 50, play with them until all of their stats are maxed, and have fun casting -aga spells that inflict 700+ damage.

Skyblade
02-04-2007, 05:53 AM
Morphers are awesome! Not only are souls very powerful items to use, with generally high attack stats, but the power of the monsters abilities are unmatched. In addition, the power of the monsters abilities increases when you increase the stats of the monsters you have caught. There are ways to increase the monsters stats. You must use a hunter with the capture ability to catch the monsters. Hunters on their own arent very special, but Capture is a great ability to know. I suppose the other ability to have is sidewinder, when dealing with monsters, and Ultima Shot if you have the MP. Morphers are great, and I have at least one in my party at all times. Works great when youre dealing with trickier opponents during the missions.

I fully agree with this, except for you assertation that Hunters aren't that useful except for Capture. Hunter is a very useful class. Sidewinder, Aim: Vitals, Ultima Shot, Advice... Very useful class, nice stats, and nice abilities.

And, as You said (Hee... That was fun. :)), maxed Flan with -aga spells are devastating. Especially when you add Geomancy to the mix, and lower enemy resistances. 999 Damage, anyone?

Grendal
02-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Oh, and on a side-note, I suggest leveling your Morpher up as a Beastmaster as much as possible. All Nu Mou jobs have terrible Speed gains, but the Beastmaster is the overall best route to go for decent defenses + agility. The Morpher's stats don't generally matter, as you'll inherit whatever stats the monster you invoke has. But an initially high Speed is pretty useful.