PDA

View Full Version : Highest chain? (possible spoilers)

Polnareff
01-16-2007, 11:26 PM
What was your highest chain (in terms of kills) and what monster did you chain? Use spoiler tags if you want to, even though the title of the thread says "possible spoilers." :p

As for me, the first time I chained, I chained the Skeletons in Lhusu Mines but could only get a 13-chain.

Then, much later on in the game, I figured out a place to make a huge chain. That place was outside the Golmore Jungle, with all the Zaghnals. This morning, I played for an hour and managed to chain 55 of them before having to leave for school. I probably would have chained more than that if I had more time, though.

What I did to get such a big chain was, when I beat all the Zaghnals in an area, I'd go to the next screen, and the next, then go back to where the Zaghnals were (they had respawned) and keep killing them that way, by making them respawn.

Got a lot of Quality Hides, Earth Magicites, and Montblanc in the Sky Pirate Den for chaining over 50 of the same monster. Now I'm wondering if there's a bonus for chaining 90-99 of them. :p

So yeah, what's your highest chain so far?

rubah
01-17-2007, 12:24 AM
I got a 70-chain on the undeads in the Stilshrine of Miriam.

Tavrobel
01-17-2007, 12:27 AM
119 fighting Yensas in the desert. I think I tried to cut off my thumb after that.

Andy
01-17-2007, 12:30 AM
lhusu mines skeletons 300 (: fun times fun times.

but you can get an easy chain number there cause about 40 skeletons pop out in this one portion of the lhusu mines. man i got a LOT of gil afterwards.

MADTJ
01-17-2007, 01:26 AM
lhusu mines skeletons 300 (: fun times fun times.

but you can get an easy chain number there cause about 40 skeletons pop out in this one portion of the lhusu mines. man i got a LOT of gil afterwards.
wow, i only got chain up to like 129. I found out that i have 99 bones. so i wanted to leave to store and sell it all for more gil i needed. then i came back to try chain it up more. reset to zero :-( i just flee so i didn't kill any bats. i wanted to chain up more like to 500 but still need gil. if they allow loops up to 999 then i'll stay there all day LOL

robfinalfantasy
01-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Something like 120 fighting the Urutan-Yensas in Nam and Ogir-Yensa.

hplvr
01-17-2007, 01:36 AM
highest for me was 255, i had to chain the Necrophobe's to make this rare game monster appear, it took forever!!!!

atlanteay
01-17-2007, 01:38 AM
329 killing the yensas. It was tediously boring and didn't do much leveling up for my characters at all.

Ogrius
01-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Skellies in Lhusu mines for me as well. I got to 300, stopped caring, kept doing it for another 20 mintues and stopped. Didn't even pay attention to what i got up to then lol.

Ouch!
01-17-2007, 07:19 PM
999++ but i cheated. haha. negalmuur
It's not cheating. It's exploiting. There's a big difference.

Anyway, excluding the above, I think I got 200 something in Lhusu.

ValiantKnight
01-17-2007, 08:58 PM
240~ wolves in the feywood. Tartarus and Cerberus?

Renmiri
01-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I got a 70-chain on the undeads in the Stilshrine of Miriam.

Easiest chain on the game!!!

BEFORE you equip the Dawn Shard on anyone have your leader touch the pedestal. You get 3 zombies spawned per touch. I got 300 chained then got bored.. But the bone fragments and flesh strips gave me tons of gil :D

Another good place to get chained skeletons (and tons of gil) is that area where you hunt the Vorpal Buny. The s***er undead there are not imune to phoenix down or raise :D

PS: On long Urutan Yensa chains: CURSE YOU VOSSLER!!!

rubah
01-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Nah, I didn't do those zombies xD This was in the really big room with all the stairs and one of the statues.

Lexy
01-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Just last night I was at a loss for things to do in the game so I went to the Stillshrine and started a chain of the zombie baddies there (only got to like 140). Afterwards I was very jumpy while walking through the hallway in my house!
My friend says he got a 999 chain of bats in one of those control rooms in the secret area of the Henne mines (and leveled up a lot in the process).

ValiantKnight
01-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Yea, I got about 190-210 chain of bats.... its another exploit I guess you could say.
Very easy to go two screens and reset the control...
Pop control... 25 bats~ come down in groups of about 12-15.. with about 22,000 HP.

They hit for about 1000 with protect on, and leech for about 1800.
They can be blocked so main gauche + demon shields = good. By the way they drop demon shields as their rare.
Basically if you get familiar with the gambit setups, and are of a decent level, its a nice source of easy end game leveling... albeit boring.

I pretty much go in.. dispelga myself so my buffs are all fresh, wait for protect/other buff spells, hit the switch, let the gambits hinder, prep, and then kill the enemies.. Without moderate evade 1-2 characters would occasionally die during the process. However with good evade, and the right gambits, you just push the switch, and run around or sit and wait.

I guess it could be wrong to expose a good leveling spot. However getting here, as well as surviving the bats if evade is low, could prove challenging.

Anno Domini
02-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Something like 120 fighting the Urutan-Yensas in Nam and Ogir-Yensa.

this is basically the same for me, but i go up to 130 something:moomba: . I dont know how you people get crazy chains like 300.