PDA

View Full Version : Dark Matter?

RyanML
01-17-2007, 05:52 AM
hey, how do you get the item dark matter?

and wings of discovery?

robfinalfantasy
01-17-2007, 07:46 AM
You can bribe the land worm inside Sin for 2x Dark Matter (1,600,000 gil) or you can beat the Ultima Buster (one of the original bosses in the monster arena) for 99 Dark Matter.

The Malboro at the Calm Lands can be bribed for 4x Wings to Discovery (540,000 gil).

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-17-2007, 02:13 PM
there's a chance that any fiend in the monster arena will drop 1 (2 for overkill) however this is the rare item

jammi567
01-17-2007, 09:24 PM
You can bribe the land worm inside Sin for 2x Dark Matter (1,600,000 gil) or you can beat the Ultima Buster (one of the original bosses in the monster arena) for 99 Dark Matter.
i think you mean that you have to capture the required amount of monsters to unlock Ultima Buster, and so get the 99 Dark Matter.

the wings to discovery can be gotten from doing the chocobo race at Remian Temple.

Tavrobel
01-17-2007, 10:24 PM
hey, how do you get the item dark matter?

and wings of discovery?

Dark Matter: ANY of the Arena Monsters can drop this item, 12.5-25%, one for kill, two for overkill, and it replaces the normal drop. This means all Area, Species, and Originals can drop Dark Matter. They can also be bribed (but totally not worth it).

WtD: Bribe Marlboro 540k for 3-6 (4), bribe Greater Marlboro 1.28 million for 6-10 (8), race at Remiem and open three chests (works only once), defeat Shinryu, one drop for kill, two for overkill; can be replaced by Dark Matter 12.5-25% of the time.

TheSpoonyBard
01-17-2007, 10:32 PM
You can bribe the land worm inside Sin for 2x Dark Matter (1,600,000 gil)
You can only encounter them after the point of no return, so they're not terribly useful.

Shin Gouken
01-18-2007, 12:01 AM
My advice would be to defeat shinryu lots and lots. His ordinary item drop is 1xwings to discovery but you can get 2 for an overkill. You'll pick up Dark matters for his rare drop so you can get both of what you want from shinryu.

You CAN bribe Malboros for an obcene amount of gil... but we do not reason with these evil fiends... they must all be destroyed!

After you have however many wings to discory you want, find a quick and easily defeatable monster in the monster arena and kill it repeatedly. I killed one monster enough times to get maximum of their normal drop then moved to another. I reached maximum capacity for most of the drops in the arena while primarily aiming for Dark matters.

What do you want them for? Break HP limit and Ribbon? Dark aeons drop these weapons. Go kick yojimbos arse several times... he'll drop what you want eventually