PDA

View Full Version : Question about leveling up

JLA
01-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I just have a quick question. I am at the beginning of the game--right now I have Terra, Locke, and Edgar outside of South Figaro. Edgar is level 23 and Terra and Locke are level 20.

I wanted them to kind of bulk up a bit because I know that when you meet new characters later on in the the game their levels will correspond with already existing characters. My question is this: Will the next character that joins my party be at Edgar's level 23, or lower like Locke and Terra, or an average of both?

Thanks in advance.:choc:

Kanshisha
01-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I think it would be the average...But im not to sure because it has been a while since i've played that game..

Flying Mullet
01-17-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure it's based on Terra's level.

Also, you're waaay over-leveled. I'm usually level 8-10 when I leave South Figaro for Mt. Kolts. Don't forget that if you level your characters up a lot now they miss out on a lot of the level-up stat bonuses from espers later in the game.

Peter_20
01-17-2007, 01:20 PM
You should keep as low a level as possible, because you'll gain stat bonuses from Espers with every level up, meaning you'll want to gain lots of levels at the END of the game.

I say try and stay below LV25, and if you're really hardcore, try staying below LV9 next time.

JLA
01-17-2007, 01:43 PM
That definitely makes sense. Thanks, guys.

Slothy
01-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Of course, all of those stat bonuses are completely unnecessary. Still, you're far too overleveled. The game is easy enough without power leveling.

BustaMo
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Well it will def be easy for you for a while. Good luck with it and it should go fast from here on out, but It seems that with the low level creatures you fight in the beginning, it would take forever to get someone enough EXP to go up that many levels while fighting creatures for 32EXP.

Either way, enjoy the game.

ReloadPsi
01-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Everyone will be slightly above Terra's level, except Banon who's usually three below.