PDA

View Full Version : Cloud's Girl

The_Lover_of_Aeris
01-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I was wandering what peoples thoughts on the FF7 love triangel. Sorry if this has allready been posted, Being a Cleris fan myself I wandered how many of you where Cleris or Cloti fans

Cloud and Aeris 4eva

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
01-17-2007, 02:10 PM
cloud n aerith

Peter_20
01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Cleris, simply because Cloud seemed to like her more as a potential girlfriend. :D

Hah, cute names you invented. :)

Levian
01-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Clarret. :mog:

Meat Puppet
01-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Whoa, it took me a while to get the portmanteaux. :Oo: Anyway, I assume Cloti is Cloud and Tifa, so I picked that. Though Cloud would be way more awesome if he never bred, I do think that Tifa has a body better suited childbearing.
Placeholder for something else. I was going to write something else about the other girl, but I forgot what I was going to write. You know, the girl with the dog. Not Rinoa. I’ll come back and edit this post if I remember it.

Darth Anarcus
01-17-2007, 04:10 PM
What the hell? "Cleris" and "Cloti"? What does Cloti stand for? It can't be Tifa, since that's not even close.

I hate these fan words. Why can't you just use normal words like "Aerith" and "Tifa"?

Anyway, I'm a fan of Cloud getting with Tifa. I'm tempted to vote for "Cloti," provided that's what it means, but I have no idea what "Cloti" stands for so I'm not voting.

LunarWeaver
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
What the hell? "Cleris" and "Cloti"? What does Cloti stand for? It can't be Tifa, since that's not even close.

I hate these fan words. Why can't you just use normal words like "Aerith" and "Tifa"?

Anyway, I'm a fan of Cloud getting with Tifa. I'm tempted to vote for "Cloti," provided that's what it means, but I have no idea what "Cloti" stands for so I'm not voting.

Combining names is just a fan pairing thing. Cloti is the CLOud and the TIfa combined into Cloti. Cleres is the CLoud and the aERiS combined. It stands for which one Cloud is with. Think "Bragelina".

And I'm with Levian when I root for Clarret.

Darth Anarcus
01-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I knew they were fan pairings, I was just having trouble figuring out what "Cloti" may have been. I assumed it was Tifa but I wasn't quite sure.

Needless to say, I hate it. It just sounds so... twelve-year-old-girlish.

Takara
01-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Considering most of the fanfics where those fanwords were created were written by twelve years old girls, that makes sense.

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 01:45 AM

Word. ;) I took Barret for a nice ride in Goldsaucer as well.

Seriously though, for some reason I never got much into Aeris. Actually she often annoyed me. Tifa's and Cloud's childhood and other background together got me and imo they suited best for each other.

arcanedude34
01-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Lol.

I vote Tifa. Aeris is dead. There's no point in worshipping her and Cloud. SHE'S DEAD.

Plus Tifa's just overall better, in looks, personality, and in battle.

EDIT- w00t! Tiebreaker! :)

Kanshisha
01-18-2007, 02:00 AM
cled..:redVIII
clarret...:Barret
clid:cid
cluffie:yuffie
clith:cait sith- dunno how to spell his name...
clent:vincent
cloth:sephiroth
cleno:reno
cloti: tifa
cleris:aeris

These are all the people that cloud married or engaged...

blackmage_nuke
01-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Clon Clorneo is meant to be!!

-

Kanshisha
01-18-2007, 03:04 AM
LMFAO thats a good one...Don would love that...

vorpal blade
01-18-2007, 09:12 AM
I vote Tifa. Aeris is dead. There's no point in worshipping her and Cloud. SHE'S DEAD.

What, you can't love a dead girl?

Clon Clorneo is meant to be!!

Nah, it's Clon Strineo.

Personally, and no offense, I think those kinds of names are horrid, so I'm not voting. I will say that Cloud's better with Tifa. It just looks better.

Dr. Acula
01-23-2007, 10:48 AM
As I have said many a time, my vote's for Cloud and Tifa. Although Cloud and Aerith seemed more compatible sometimes, unless Cloud is a serious necrophiliac, it won't work out between. Plus, Cloud and Tifa know each other better, so I think their relationship would survive longer.

By the way, for more stupid fan names I suggest Clufus and Clenova.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Cloud and Aeris

arcanedude34
01-24-2007, 09:33 PM
What? Nobody's mentioned Clarene yet? Or Clinra? Damn, you people suck.

Kenji Longaway
01-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Both.
"Thats simultaneous lovin' baby!
It's gonna be you, and me.
Will get to together...making love, you'll see!

Simultaneous-you, and you..

You, and You..and you and me...Simultaneous lovin' baby! Thats somethin' baby!"
You, and you and you and me, Simultaneously!"

-Chef. Southpark.

TheBanzaiKitten
01-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Cloud and Tifa for a number of reasons.

1. Aeris is dead. You see.
2. Cloud and Tifa were childhood friends.
3. Tifa helped Cloud through the part when he was sick and she stood by him.
4. In FFVII:AC they take care of 2 kids together and live together
5. Aeris liked Cloud because of his similarity to Zack and she liked Zack.
6. This is shown at the end of AC when they show both of them together.

Mercen-X
01-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Cloyurecidet

Pure Aerisbeauty7
01-29-2007, 04:07 AM
I support a Cloud and Aeris couple.:)

Christmas
01-29-2007, 04:38 AM
Clokki.

Aerisfanatic
02-22-2007, 02:46 AM
Cloud and Tifa for a number of reasons.

1. Aeris is dead. You see.
2. Cloud and Tifa were childhood friends.
3. Tifa helped Cloud through the part when he was sick and she stood by him.
4. In FFVII:AC they take care of 2 kids together and live together
5. Aeris liked Cloud because of his similarity to Zack and she liked Zack.
6. This is shown at the end of AC when they show both of them together.

uhh you do know cloud brings back a form of aerith in ff7 manga, and yes she saw zack in cloud but in there date she said "cloud i want to see the real you" and square eventualy said that she saw who cloud realy was and loved him even more

NeoCracker
02-22-2007, 03:27 AM
Clephiroth.

Dreddz
02-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Clephiroth.

So funny I forgot to laugh.

Sefie1999AD
02-22-2007, 11:21 PM
What's wrong with Cloud and Yuffie? :p Priscilla also told Cloud that he's going to marry her some day. I think Cloud will end up with Tifa, though. Cloud had had a crush on her ever since childhood (and arguably still has in FFVII and AC, but that's up to interpretations), Tifa has feelings for him as well, and she stays there to support Cloud even when everyone else has given up on him (in Mideel, for instance).

Yliette
02-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Cloud and Tifa all the way! :D

But then again there's no use preaching and ranting to "Cleres" fans about the great possibility of the "Cloti" relationship and have them converted to the latter.

I'm no anti-Aeris or anti-Cleres either (although I once was years ago).

And many female leads are designed after Tifa such as Rinoa and Garnet. E.g. Long black hair, good looks, pleasurable bods... :love:

Aerisfanatic
03-10-2007, 07:56 PM
there may not be alot of cloud and aeris fans on this site but check out this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=KNviLwxfzDU

Griff
03-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Clozoodaj

f f freak
03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
there may not be alot of cloud and aeris fans on this site but check out this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=KNviLwxfzDU

OMG. Have you read the comments people had posted? All that crap about how Aeris and Cloud were joined through fate? Because of the red ribbon?

Anyway I don't really like either but I prefer Cloti.

arcanedude34
03-11-2007, 05:30 PM
How about Clidane? Or Clidus? Who says that two people have to be in the same universe to be in love?

(I am a proud Cleon supporter- look at Kingdom Hearts II! THE SPARK IS THERE!!! just kidding)

Garnie
03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
ok. lets puyt this in to perspectiv people. tifa was a complete cow to cloud when he was a kid and when he got older and turned into a hotty she wants him. soooo vainnn. aeris is nice and aeris would of been a great match with cloud! sorry tifa find ya own man!

Ryushikaze
03-12-2007, 06:01 AM
ok. lets puyt this in to perspectiv people.

Will do.

tifa was a complete cow to cloud when he was a kid

False. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars. Tifa never excluded Cloud from anything. He excluded himself.

and when he got older and turned into a hotty she wants him.

She wanted him long before he got older.

soooo vainnn.

Or, not.

aeris is nice

Yes. And? So is Tifa.

and aeris would of been a great match with cloud!

By what standard? Hell, Aerith feel for the boy because he reminded her of her first boyfriend. She never even met the real Cloud. Seriously, how is the a good match for the boy she never met until after she was dead?

Of course, this is all irrelevant. She gave Tifa her blessing to be with Cloud. She's not gunning for Choco-head any longer.

sorry tifa find ya own man!

She did. His name is Cloud Strife. He's a deliveryman.

Aerisfanatic
03-12-2007, 05:41 PM
ok. lets puyt this in to perspectiv people.

Will do.

tifa was a complete cow to cloud when he was a kid

False. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars. Tifa never excluded Cloud from anything. He excluded himself.

and when he got older and turned into a hotty she wants him.

She wanted him long before he got older.

soooo vainnn.

Or, not.

aeris is nice

Yes. And? So is Tifa.

and aeris would of been a great match with cloud!

By what standard? Hell, Aerith feel for the boy because he reminded her of her first boyfriend. She never even met the real Cloud. Seriously, how is the a good match for the boy she never met until after she was dead?

Of course, this is all irrelevant. She gave Tifa her blessing to be with Cloud. She's not gunning for Choco-head any longer.

sorry tifa find ya own man!

She did. His name is Cloud Strife. He's a deliveryman.

okay.. your not funny so stop trying, everyone knows about that zack in cloud thing, if you remember at one point in the game aeris says, "cloud i see now... your different" cloud is clueless to what shes saying so there for she saw the real cloud before she died and in the game you practically choose for him (date scene), if the story creaters didn't have her die cloud would have fallen in love with her, cause that was their first intention that quickly changed when they wanted the story to be a tragedy/love story and who said that aeris gave them her blessing i didnt see anything, and also they dont make light of a "relationship" between cloud and tifa and if they did want them to be together they would just say it , and it doesnt matter who aeris ends up with let it be zack or cloud she will always be better than tifa and all the rest AERIS LOVERS UNITE...lol

Griff
03-12-2007, 06:31 PM
This is why I hate threads like these, people on both sides of the issue present their opinions like irrefutable facts. Sure debating points back and forth is ok, but when it dwindles down to sheer fanpersonism like this argument is obviously heading towards, it just makes the neutrals laugh at you. It's a game, it has no real impact on anyone's life (except of course for the SE execs making millions). Learn to respect that people can have opposite opinions than yourself, and stop trying to rip each other's throats out.

On a related note, what Ryu said was actually pretty funny.

Ryushikaze
03-13-2007, 04:09 AM
okay.. your not funny so stop trying,

I don't have to try. And apparently I'm amusing to everyone but you.

everyone knows about that zack in cloud thing, if you remember at one point in the game aeris says, "cloud i see now... your different" cloud is clueless to what shes saying so there for she saw the real cloud before she died

Reference: Maiden who travelled the planet. Chapter 5. When trying to recall all the things that made Cloud Unique, it was Zack who was called forth. Zack didn't even know Aerith knew Cloud. He thought she was remembering him. If all the things that made Cloud unique in Aerith's mind were things he had emulated from Zack, then she DIDN'T know the real Cloud before she died. Sounds like some self delusion was happening.

and in the game you practically choose for him (date scene), if the story creaters didn't have her die cloud would have fallen in love with her,

Not likely. Once his real memories restored themselves, he would have remembered his intent towards Tifa, who occupies the dearest memories of Cloud's heart.

Speaking of, to reference Maiden again- Aerith cannot touch Cloud's heart. Tifa can, and Cloud and Tifa's voices called out to- and reached- each other in the lifestream. That last example is from FF7 itself, from both versions of the lifestream sequence.

cause that was their first intention that quickly changed when they wanted the story to be a tragedy/love story

Could you please provide the early game materials on this? Because I've read a LOT of the early developmental notes, and nowhere does it mention Cloud and Aerith being a pairing. And I've read the stuff from when Sephiroth is a corrupt cop.

and who said that aeris gave them her blessing i didnt see anything,

Maiden who travels the planet. Have you read ANY of the compilation novellas?

and also they dont make light of a "relationship" between cloud and tifa and if they did want them to be together they would just say it

You mean like Cloud saying he wanted to spend his life with Tifa, or saying that he thought he could succeed where he had previously failed because he had Tifa by his side? How about them moving in and trying to start a life together? How goes adopting a Child they believe Aerith led to "them". Would any of that do it for ya? Case of Tifa.

, and it doesnt matter who aeris ends up with let it be zack or cloud she will always be better than tifa and all the rest AERIS LOVERS UNITE...lol

See, this is what I think a lot of this crap boils down to. People are irrationally pro- one woman and not the other, seeing it as some sort of arsed up competition where the two are pitted the hell against each other, despite their friendship. This has NOTHING to do with female preference. What it HAS to do with is the Canon of FF7 and the entirety of the compilation, and the narrative therein.

The Mog Ninja
03-13-2007, 06:23 AM
Tifa FTW XD but yeah Ryu, ur a beast!

Northcrest
03-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Cloti cuz Cloud knows that Tifas hotter.

Aerisfanatic
03-13-2007, 06:33 PM
i reseived this from an ff7 fansite

The following two letters presumably originate from Square in Japan (possibly an employee). Rusalka and Yuu Miyoshi (pikachuarchive[at]yahoo.com) received the letters and took the time to translate them. Now they've decided to share their information with the site. Thanks, we really appreciate it.

The letters are concerned with Aeris, and sound genuine. Excerpts related to Aeris are shown below.

"...it is not known as whether at some point in the production of the game Aeris was intended to be resurrected, but it seems that this is possible. We found sketches of scenes included this character and others in areas of the game that are only accessable after her death, so this may be possible, though sketches like these are often produced as post-production ideas, before the plot is actually set, and does not affect the future production...'

'...in the original storyline the main character, Cloud, was intended to fall in love with Aeris yet this changed later. This may have caused confusion with the staff and production team therefore resulting in such incidents as the 'Spirit of Aeris' and many others including the Gameshark Cheat, where Aeris DOES have lines. Thank you for taking an interest in Square, contact us...'

, and it doesnt matter who aeris ends up with let it be zack or cloud she will always be better than tifa and all the rest AERIS LOVERS UNITE...lol

See, this is what I think a lot of this crap boils down to. People are irrationally pro- one woman and not the other, seeing it as some sort of arsed up competition where the two are pitted the hell against each other, despite their friendship. This has NOTHING to do with female preference. What it HAS to do with is the Canon of FF7 and the entirety of the compilation, and the narrative therein.[/quote]

i didnt mean it like that i dont dislike tifa if aeris wasnt in my paryt it would have been tifa but just like aeris better as you can see by my name i dont think shes better than her i just like her and meant to say it in a different way

Edit by Psychotic: Aerisfanatic, please don't double post. It would be appreciated if you could use the edit/delete button if you want to add anything else. Thanks one million!

arcanedude34
03-13-2007, 08:27 PM

I don't think Ryushikaze was trying to be, but was was said was pretty funny.

everyone knows about that zack in cloud thing, if you remember at one point in the game aeris says, "cloud i see now... your different" cloud is clueless to what shes saying so there for she saw the real cloud before she died and in the game you practically choose for him (date scene),

The date scene might have never happened, if the player got the Tifa date or Yuffie date or Barret date. And she says "I'd LIKE to meet the real you" meaning that up until that point, she was just using Cloud as a replacement for Zack. And since she dies almost right after, that means she never did.

if the story creaters didn't have her die cloud would have fallen in love with her, cause that was their first intention that quickly changed when they wanted the story to be a tragedy/love story and

How do you know that? They could have just as easily killed off Cloud, or made Cloud marry someone else, right?

who said that aeris gave them her blessing i didnt see anything, and also they dont make light of a "relationship" between cloud and tifa and if they did want them to be together they would just say it

When did they say they wanted Cloud and Aeris to be together? Was that a reliable source? I think not.

and it doesnt matter who aeris ends up with let it be zack or cloud she will always be better than tifa and all the rest AERIS LOVERS UNITE...lol

Uh huh. This is the distinct call of the couple worshipping fanboy/girl. "OMGzzz!!!1111 cLOUD aND zAck ANd Aeris ARe gONNa get married AND HAVE 8796429056249 KiDZ AND TiFa's GonNA Be ALL ALONEZ CUz SHEs DumB!!!1!11!1!!!!!11"
No.

If you have NO proof to back up your statements, then don't make them in the first place.

Also, IF they were planning on extending the Aeris-Clous relationship, it might even make FFVII less popular. When I think of FFVII, I think of the game where Aeris dies. And look how much more popular Tifa is (see poll above).

You think you know everything about how the game should have been made, so let me tell you- YOU DON'T.

I'm not Anti-Aeris, I think she's a great character, but that's just it- SHE'S A CHARACTER.

That means that Square controls her feelings, emotions and fate. They are the God to which the FF characters worship. And they killed Aeris, possibly for not getting to know Cloud.

Don't get so bent out of shape cuz someone doesnt feel the same way you do ABOUT A CHARACTER. So in short, no, I'm not saying all Aeris-lovers are nuts, but you failed to present one good case about her in your posts and are knocking good points by Ryu.

Aerisfanatic
03-13-2007, 08:36 PM

I don't think Ryushikaze was trying to be, but was was said was pretty funny.

everyone knows about that zack in cloud thing, if you remember at one point in the game aeris says, "cloud i see now... your different" cloud is clueless to what shes saying so there for she saw the real cloud before she died and in the game you practically choose for him (date scene),

The date scene might have never happened, if the player got the Tifa date or Yuffie date or Barret date. And she says "I'd LIKE to meet the real you" meaning that up until that point, she was just using Cloud as a replacement for Zack. And since she dies almost right after, that means she never did.

if the story creaters didn't have her die cloud would have fallen in love with her, cause that was their first intention that quickly changed when they wanted the story to be a tragedy/love story and

How do you know that? They could have just as easily killed off Cloud, or made Cloud marry someone else, right?

who said that aeris gave them her blessing i didnt see anything, and also they dont make light of a "relationship" between cloud and tifa and if they did want them to be together they would just say it

When did they say they wanted Cloud and Aeris to be together? Was that a reliable source? I think not.

and it doesnt matter who aeris ends up with let it be zack or cloud she will always be better than tifa and all the rest AERIS LOVERS UNITE...lol

Uh huh. This is the distinct call of the couple worshipping fanboy/girl. "OMGzzz!!!1111 cLOUD aND zAck ANd Aeris ARe gONNa get married AND HAVE 8796429056249 KiDZ AND TiFa's GonNA Be ALL ALONEZ CUz SHEs DumB!!!1!11!1!!!!!11"
No.

If you have NO proof to back up your statements, then don't make them in the first place. first off look at the posts of mine above yours second i didnt say they said the aeris and cloud relationship either and i know about the date scene i know you might not go with aeris, its a matter of how you treat each character and maby you should try reading the posts your responding to more carfully

arcanedude34
03-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I did read the posts. Note when I said "Was that a reliable source? I think not." Maybe you should take your own advice and read more carefully. And I have no idea what you're trying to make with

"i didnt say they said the aeris and cloud relationship either and i know about the date scene i know you might not go with aeris, its a matter of how you treat each character"

It's a poorly constructed mockery of the English language and I can't decipher what you are even saying.

Aerisfanatic
03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
I did read the posts. Note when I said "Was that a reliable source? I think not." Maybe you should take your own advice and read more carefully. And I have no idea what you're trying to make with

"i didnt say they said the aeris and cloud relationship either and i know about the date scene i know you might not go with aeris, its a matter of how you treat each character"

It's a poorly constructed mockery of the English language and I can't decipher what you are even saying.
i was saying on my posts with the aeris letter fromm ff7citadel.com
thats where i got my information its a ligit website, and let me rephrase the sentence i said that you had a problem with, I never said that they made light of the cloudxaeris relationship and i also know that you have to go with either aeris, tifa, barret, or yuffie for the date scene

so lets just foret it now lets just drop it youve got your oppinion of got mine

Ryushikaze
03-14-2007, 03:39 AM
See, considering the "Aerith Ressurection" hoax of many years past, which was also purported by a "Square Employee" who turned out not to be, I can't take a letter like this on faith, especially since it DOES directly contradict what I know about the game's development. Specifically "it is not known as whether at some point in the production of the game Aeris was intended to be resurrected, but it seems that this is possible." contradicts what Nomura et al. have said about her NEVER being intended to be resurrected , and this part "others including the Gameshark Cheat, where Aeris DOES have lines" seems ungenuine as well. While perfectly common for Internet discussion, the usage of all capital letters to emphasize a word generally does not make its way into an official company sponsored document. Additional, the usage of the specific usage of "Gameshark cheat" also seems like it comes from someone posing as an employee, and not one themselves. Doubly so since "Gameshark" is not the iconic brand name in Japan as it is here.

Of course, even if the line about "in the original storyline the main character, Cloud, was intended to fall in love with Aeris yet this changed later." is Genuine, it must also be examined in context with Nomura and Nojima's comments about Tifa in early production, and how Aerith's original role was given to her instead.

Also, are you going to address any of the points I have previously raised?

Aerisfanatic
03-14-2007, 03:59 PM
See, considering the "Aerith Ressurection" hoax of many years past, which was also purported by a "Square Employee" who turned out not to be, I can't take a letter like this on faith, especially since it DOES directly contradict what I know about the game's development. Specifically "it is not known as whether at some point in the production of the game Aeris was intended to be resurrected, but it seems that this is possible." contradicts what Nomura et al. have said about her NEVER being intended to be resurrected , and this part "others including the Gameshark Cheat, where Aeris DOES have lines" seems ungenuine as well. While perfectly common for Internet discussion, the usage of all capital letters to emphasize a word generally does not make its way into an official company sponsored document. Additional, the usage of the specific usage of "Gameshark cheat" also seems like it comes from someone posing as an employee, and not one themselves. Doubly so since "Gameshark" is not the iconic brand name in Japan as it is here.

Of course, even if the line about "in the original storyline the main character, Cloud, was intended to fall in love with Aeris yet this changed later." is Genuine, it must also be examined in context with Nomura and Nojima's comments about Tifa in early production, and how Aerith's original role was given to her instead.

Also, are you going to address any of the points I have previously raised?

k i dont know it can be possible nomura could have just said it was never intended so people wouldnt ask why did he change it or to change now and go with the original plan, and ask the website itself www.ff7citadel.com (http://www.ff7citadel.com) it has won many awards for it reliability and imformation if your looking for an anwer go there. and i only got these letters to show where i got the aeris and cloud thing from.

Ryushikaze
03-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Even FF7 Citadel cannot confirm these letters. Or did you note that they themselves say "The following two letters presumably originate from Square in Japan (possibly an employee). Rusalka and Yuu Miyoshi received the letters and took the time to translate them. Now they've decided to share their information with the site. Thanks, we really appreciate it. "

So, given that we've got a cold trail several steps away from Square itself, these are not reliable sources of information.

As for "it can be possible nomura could have just said it was never intended so people wouldnt ask why did he change it or to change now and go with the original plan", yes it's possible. We have absolutely no evidence to suggest that this is the case, however, as Aerith dying and STAYING DEAD being a defined part of the game is one thing they've been consistent about for ten years now.

Dragon's Addendum: Please address my points or admit that they are being conceded via non address.

arcanedude34
03-14-2007, 08:18 PM
I doubt that they would just openly admit that the completely remodeled the entire love element in the first place, which leads me to also believe those letters are fake.

And the words 'presumably' and 'possibly' mean about the same as 'I guessed' and 'it might be true....' so your "award-winning" website there, might not be so accurate after all.

AND even if they INTENDED Aeris/Cloud relationship-strengthening after the infamous death scene, they no longer have any.

They might have had a few more scenes, but they didn't, which leads me to hypothesis that Aeris was killed due to an overall lack of respect/love for her character in the first place.

Either way, Aeris = dead and Tifa = alive. That alone wins us this argument, so you might as well stop trying.

Aerisfanatic
03-15-2007, 01:00 AM
your the one whos arguing i already said to drop it but you keep going, i like the cloud and aeris pairing thats my choice and anything that you say wont change my mind, so like i said just drop it okay if you dont really like the information i got.... than just disregard it, and they dont kill a character off cause people dont like that character and when they made the story.. they had her die before people even played so your lack of respect so they killed her off statement makes no sense what so ever. and they definitley like aeris thats for sure cause she has a large part in AC and has her own compilation story "maiden who travels the lifestream" and shes one of the first characters seen in KH so ovoisely the have respect for aeris so end of it gooday and goodnight

Dragon Mage
03-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Let's face it: Aeris isn't coming back. She can't. She wasn't meant too, ever. If it did, it would completely screw up the entire plot of ff7 and ff7:AC. They may remake the game, but they won't remake the movie just to fit a remake of the game. In fact, it is vital for Aeris to die in the game. Her death triggered many things in the game, and if it didn't happen, then the planet would be a clump of dust.
Ok? Got it memorized? If she didn't die, the world goes bye. Besides, it seems death was a heck of a lot better than I remember it being. She's pretty lively for a dead person, lol. IMO she doesn't count as being dead. She's just temorarily unavailable.

2nd thing: Many people don't realize, or forget, that Aeris and Tifa are best friends. However, amongst the chaos of the fans' war, the fact is often neglected. But it is true. They were best friends. I thought I'd throw that out there and let you all mull over that for a while. Why not Tifa and Aeris lovers unite? Hmmm?

3rd thing: Just what is the point of this thread? LT was never meant to be concluded. Ever. The tricksy tards at SE did this on purpose. They made sure to provided equal amounts of evidence, of equal signifigance, through out everything relating to FF7, that supports each side of this argument. And then there's tons in between that could be used for either side. The question here isn't "who does Cloud like" it's really "who do you prefer/think?". There is no answer. You could argue this for the rest of your life, and never find the answer. Just stop for a moment and condsider the opposing views arguments. Much is quite valid, some can be dismissed, as it can go either way. Now consider your own arguments/evidence. Same story. Though for each, personal opinion does play a lage factor in how you view it. That's a variable that can't be helped. Now do note that each side, that has it's own evidence, can not outweigh the evidence to the other side. This was done on purpose, mind you. This argument, while done well, is druther pointless, as neither side was meant to ever come out on top. They are equal. It's important you realize that.

(and for those that were wondering, I'm a CXT myself, XD)

Aerisfanatic
03-15-2007, 04:52 AM
i never said she was coming back ive accepted it i was just defending her and i also completeley agree with you i like tifa and i wasnt even on topic anymore so i apoligize

NeoCracker
03-15-2007, 05:40 AM
I say the greatest of all Pairings for cloud is that group of men at the honey bee.

Ryushikaze
03-15-2007, 06:38 PM
your the one whos arguing i already said to drop it but you keep going, i like the cloud and aeris pairing thats my choice and anything that you say wont change my mind,

Liking it is all well and good, but that does not change the fact that it is a-canon.

so like i said just drop it okay if you dont really like the information i got.... than just disregard it, and they dont kill a character off cause people dont like that character and when they made the story.. they had her die before people even played so your lack of respect so they killed her off statement makes no sense what so ever.

He was speaking of the creators not having respect for her, not the fans.

and they definitley like aeris thats for sure cause she has a large part in AC and has her own compilation story "maiden who travels the lifestream" and shes one of the first characters seen in KH so ovoisely the have respect for aeris so end of it gooday and goodnight

Aerith is not one of the first characters seen in KH. Out of the FF charas, she's actually around 7th seen, and total, she's more like 16-20th, depending.

Let's face it: Aeris isn't coming back. She can't. She wasn't meant too, ever. If it did, it would completely screw up the entire plot of ff7 and ff7:AC. They may remake the game, but they won't remake the movie just to fit a remake of the game. In fact, it is vital for Aeris to die in the game. Her death triggered many things in the game, and if it didn't happen, then the planet would be a clump of dust.

Not necessarily. Granted, had she lived, and the sequences continued as they were, yes, it would be much less livable. But had she lived, and the sequence continued changed, there's a chance the world could have yet been saved. But that's a "what if" and requires asking questions there aren't actually answers for.

Ok? Got it memorized? If she didn't die, the world goes bye. Besides, it seems death was a heck of a lot better than I remember it being. She's pretty lively for a dead person, lol. IMO she doesn't count as being dead. She's just temorarily unavailable.

No, she's dead. But there's a guaranteed afterlife in FF7. Still doesn't mean you get to interact with the living except under very special circumstances.

2nd thing: Many people don't realize, or forget, that Aeris and Tifa are best friends. However, amongst the chaos of the fans' war, the fact is often neglected. But it is true. They were best friends. I thought I'd throw that out there and let you all mull over that for a while. Why not Tifa and Aeris lovers unite? Hmmm?

Ah yes, TifAer, or the OT3 of Clotirith.

3rd thing: Just what is the point of this thread? LT was never meant to be concluded. Ever. The tricksy tards at SE did this on purpose. They made sure to provided equal amounts of evidence, of equal signifigance, through out everything relating to FF7, that supports each side of this argument. And then there's tons in between that could be used for either side. The question here isn't "who does Cloud like" it's really "who do you prefer/think?". There is no answer. You could argue this for the rest of your life, and never find the answer. Just stop for a moment and condsider the opposing views arguments. Much is quite valid, some can be dismissed, as it can go either way. Now consider your own arguments/evidence. Same story. Though for each, personal opinion does play a lage factor in how you view it. That's a variable that can't be helped. Now do note that each side, that has it's own evidence, can not outweigh the evidence to the other side. This was done on purpose, mind you. This argument, while done well, is druther pointless, as neither side was meant to ever come out on top. They are equal. It's important you realize that.

I've never seen this argument as valid. Because the two arguments aren't actually equal. Not only is the C/A pairing far more outrageous, and thus far harder to support than a C/T pairing, but it definitely is lagging behind in the evidence race. All the C/T side has to do is point to Cloud's Memories in the lifestream, where Tifa, not Aerith, is the subject of his dearest memories. Or either Highwind sequence, when it is revealed that Cloud and Tifa's hearts called out to- and heard- each other when they were both adrift in the lifestream.
In fact, the more the compilation continues, the more concrete the case for C/T becomes. Maiden and Case of Tifa are both actually quite damning evidence as far as the good old fashioned LTD goes.
I've also never seen it as valid because the FF gang has never said they were never going to solve it.

(and for those that were wondering, I'm a CXT myself, XD)

Good on ya.

arcanedude34
03-16-2007, 03:35 PM
I'd like to point out that, as stated before, this argument has already been won and I will not stop trying until I hear that out of you, aerisfantatic.

Aerisfanatic
03-16-2007, 07:41 PM
I'd like to point out that, as stated before, this argument has already been won and I will not stop trying until I hear that out of you, aerisfantatic.

bite me!

Ryushikaze
03-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Aerisfanatic: Concession ACCEPTED.

Addendum: As for your sig, No. She doesn't.

Da5nake
03-17-2007, 05:05 PM
omfg so many damn quote o.O

well Cloud and Tifa are a good match
in KH2 Tifa was in search for Cloud
Tifa is a brunette and Aerith is a blonde.........
(Dº.º)D VS C(ª.ªC)

Tifa's a fighter and will kick Cloud's ass senseless but i never understood why Barret and Tifa where together?...... i know i'm wrong when i'm saying that but i'm not sure about........

Aerisfanatic
03-17-2007, 06:14 PM

(Dº.º)D VS C(ª.ªC)

Tifa's a fighter and will kick Cloud's ass senseless but i never understood why Barret and Tifa where together?...... i know i'm wrong when i'm saying that but i'm not sure about........when i say this i say this strongly wtf

1)Aeris is a brunnete in any game she apperes in and tifa has dark black hair and why are baising this colour

2) in kingdom hearts cloud and aeris were the alternate couple we know this because the talk they had before cloud left where she didnt want him to leave but she understood but she worries for him and she was also waiting for him to return at the heartless battle feild and tifa and cloud was only shown once together and in the credits of the first one aeris is delighted to see him

3)tifa and barret were never together they were simply partners in avalanche nothing more

Da5nake
03-17-2007, 06:53 PM

(Dº.º)D VS C(ª.ªC)

Tifa's a fighter and will kick Cloud's ass senseless but i never understood why Barret and Tifa where together?...... i know i'm wrong when i'm saying that but i'm not sure about........when i say this i say this strongly wtf

1)Aeris is a brunnete in any game she apperes in and tifa has dark black hair and why are baising this colour

2) in kingdom hearts cloud and aeris were the alternate couple we know this because the talk they had before cloud left where she didnt want him to leave but she understood but she worries for him and she was also waiting for him to return at the heartless battle feild and tifa and cloud was only shown once together and in the credits of the first one aeris is delighted to see him

3)tifa and barret were never together they were simply partners in avalanche nothing more
i see but what does that little girl whom i assume is Barret's daughter doing with Tifa at their bar?.........

i never mentioned Kingdom Hearts, it was the sequel i mentioned KH2

well i have nothing against Blondes and Brunettes....... but Tifa is still considered a brunette.
Only three categories of colors(Brunette, Blonde, Red Head.)

f f freak
03-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Tifa and Barret were never together. Marlene was there because Barret was off on missions and Tifa's bar was Avalanche's hideout. Hence why she would be there. Aeris is not a blonde. Both Tifa and Aeris are brunettes. Tifa's hair is a darker shade though. Kingdom Hearts has nothing to do with this so there is really no need to bring it up.

Shin Gouken
03-17-2007, 09:28 PM
i can see there is a lot of passion in this topic... err tifa gets my vote aeris is crap (MYOPINIONMYOPINIONMYOPINION)

Psychotic
03-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Cloud would go well with either of them, so I like to think that because it's a game (and a roleplaying one, no less!), the player actually gets to choose which one of them to be with. I guess choosing who to go on a date with would be what decides it. Naturally, I try to get Cloud x Barret every time. :bigsmile:

Aerisfanatic
03-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Cloud would go well with either of them, so I like to think that because it's a game (and a roleplaying one, no less!), the player actually gets to choose which one of them to be with. I guess choosing who to go on a date with would be what decides it. Naturally, I try to get Cloud x Barret every time. :bigsmile:
finally someone agrees with me well except the barret thing but what ever

Ryushikaze
03-18-2007, 07:18 AM
when i say this i say this strongly wtf

The English language is officially issuing a restraining order. You've been abusing it far too much.

And yet, in the conversation that Cloud and Aerith have in KH2, he acts generally irritated at her presence. Seriously, though, none of this proves couple-hood. It proves, at best, that Aerith's waiting for Cloud. He's still made no expression of intent towards the flowergirl.

I can't agree with this. For one, any Choice you, the player make has no real relevance, since Cloud himself does not choose or initiate the date, but rather, whoever comes to pick him up does. For two, it's all made completely irrelevant by the Mideel, Lifestream, and Highwind sequences, to say nothing of the rest of the Compilation.

arcanedude34
03-18-2007, 02:53 PM

bite me!

I'm gonna take that as a no.

When I say this I say this honestly get some grammar skills, ok? And maybe use some punctuation.

And? I'm sure, say, Yuffie would be worried if, say, Leon suddenly went off, but that doesn't make them a couple. And they could be, like, happy to see each other without being, like, in love, y'know? And Sora and Selphie talk, but you don't see legions of S x S fans rioting every time someone mentions S x K.

How old are you? Unless you are failing English, then you should at least be able to make semi-comprehensible sentences (or in your case, sentence fragments, I suppose). Also, punctuation is a good thing.

I just noticed that Cloud x Tifa is winning the poll by over 2x the number of Cloud x Aerith fans.

Da5nake
03-18-2007, 08:32 PM
wow this thread is getting a little too intense. the fight for the perfect girl for Cloud is right there in front of you, Tifa simply gets that all the time if it were reality, that's just me thinking it though.

Spinz33
03-18-2007, 09:31 PM

i like the video...i would like to give an answer but i am not finish with the game yet i am almost done...as of now it is pretty even when finished i will give a solid answer

Ryushikaze
03-19-2007, 02:36 AM
If you're "almost done", then you've already hit the Lifestream and Highwind sequences. Things are decidedly UNeven after those points.
And after you finish the game, you might want to check out some of the rest of the compilation.

Spinz33
03-19-2007, 02:41 AM
If you're "almost done", then you've already hit the Lifestream and Highwind sequences. Things are decidedly UNeven after those points.
And after you finish the game, you might want to check out some of the rest of the compilation.

yeah i am nearing end of disc 2...i have seen Advent Children and will try to get the rest of the compilation

Yliette
03-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Despite the heated arguments above, I personally believe that Aerith being dead alone decides the verdict of Cloud's couplehood.

Unless of course Cloud suddenly turns into a necrophile and...well, use your imagination.

Ryushikaze
03-19-2007, 04:29 AM
Oh, there are stranger ideas than that. There are yokels who honestly believe Cloud and Aerith's ghosts will have a continuing - sexual- relationship with each other.

Aerisfanatic
03-19-2007, 04:51 PM

bite me!

When I say this I say this honestly get some grammar skills, ok? And maybe use some punctuation.

And? I'm sure, say, Yuffie would be worried if, say, Leon suddenly went off, but that doesn't make them a couple. And they could be, like, happy to see each other without being, like, in love, y'know? And Sora and Selphie talk, but you don't see legions of S x S fans rioting every time someone mentions S x K.

How old are you? Unless you are failing English, then you should at least be able to make semi-comprehensible sentences (or in your case, sentence fragments, I suppose). Also, punctuation is a good thing.

I just noticed that Cloud x Tifa is winning the poll by over 2x the number of Cloud x Aerith fans.

Im sorry that your small pathetic mind cant grasp what im trying to say, without the use of a minor comma... on an other note, I can argue with you over and over on this subject, but the feild of ignarence, stopping any entry into your brain is making you even more anoying, than you already are... i like cXa ok if you like cXt go ahead i have no problem with that, just leave it be.. and since love arguing about things that you know wont change their minds, TELL IT TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A CRAP, what you have to say, now good day to you, and leave me and my pairing alone and you can dance around thinking what you want in you parents basement, JUST DROP IT!

Yliette
03-19-2007, 05:05 PM
But realisticially this is a forum, not a chatroom or MSN or Yahoo! Messenger. So it must be applied that we speak (or rather type) proper English.

And as insignificant as it may seem to you, punctuations DO matter even the mere use of a minor comma. Coz if they don't then why would elementary English education bother teaching it to us?

"feild of ignarence" Wow! Must be new entries in the dictionary! Webster and Shakespeare must be so proud that their beloved language is getting more and more moronic.

And ain't this so sweet? From an argument between Cloti and Cleres to the proper use of the English language. Just imagine how things change at rapid pace...

jammi567
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
I am of the Cloti group.

arcanedude34
03-19-2007, 08:05 PM

bite me!

Im sorry that your small pathetic mind cant grasp what im trying to say, without the use of a minor comma... on an other note, I can argue with you over and over on this subject, but the feild of ignarence, stopping any entry into your brain is making you even more anoying, than you already are... i like cXa ok if you like cXt go ahead i have no problem with that, just leave it be.. and since love arguing about things that you know wont change their minds, TELL IT TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A CRAP, what you have to say, now good day to you, and leave me and my pairing alone and you can dance around thinking what you want in you parents basement, JUST DROP IT!

Ya know what I think of that? I think it's great that they're finally teaching retards like you bigger words than 'it' and 'the' but seriously, if you can't handle a word like field, then maybe you need some more lessons.

Look, you can sit in bed concocting up your sick little fantasies of Aeris and Cloud all you want, but when you come to the forums and knock great points by Ryu, then I'm going to knock yours and no matter how much you cry about it, I'm never going to stop.

On another note, you shouldn't have put a comma between 'asy' and 'without.'

Maybe this thread should be closed.

Nominus Experse
03-19-2007, 08:29 PM
While the Cloud and Tifa paring is canon, people can - and will - believe what they wish. Yuffie and Cloud, Aerith and Cloud, Barret and Cloud, etcetera etcetera...

In the end, it ought to be perfectly alright to allow someone to think that Cloud and Aerith are somehow better together than the canon Tifa and Cloud pairing - it is their opinion. Although it does not follow the story as the writers wished it to be, they can still think that. It's similar to when you might disagree with a certain aspect of the story's development, and think of how it would be better if ______ happened instead. They are canonically incorrect, but as long as they do not abide in a gross delusion that they are in fact right, they are allowed to speak their mind.

And why are we now discussing others' English abilities? Throwing low, unrelated insults in this topic of discussion - which was more opinion based than that of canon correctness - is rather immature. But that is my opinion.

Cloud and Tifa are canon, but others are entitled to their opinions, and shouldn't be insulted past the fact that they are wrong.

They feel that Aerith may be better, and that's that.

Shlup
03-19-2007, 08:34 PM
This thread has officially been spoiled by a few choice members not observing the rules of engagement, and, thusly, has been closed. In future debate, please refrain in the future from acting like twelve-year-olds.

Thank you,
The Management