PDA

View Full Version : New Sam & Max games by Telltale games ( for adventuregamers)

Mikztsu
01-17-2007, 04:19 PM
For the fans of Monkey Islands, Broken Swords, Grim Fandango...Sam & Max ( etc, etc - this is the best gaming genre in my opinion):

http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax

I just started to play the first one and it's entertaining. As a huge fan of point & click adventure games this was a well welcomed release. I also loved the first Sam & Max game which was released in 1993 for PC ( Sam & Max Hit The Road http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_%26_Max_Hit_the_Road .)

Eventhough this new Sam & Max isn't exactly a Lucasarts game anymore, the same people who created the original game are behind it - they're just in own company now ( Telltale games)

You can get the first two episodes Culture Shock and Situation Comedy ( the rest will be released soon) by downloading them on the link above. Of course you have to pay small fee to un-trialize your version, but it's all for greater good and justice as I'm more than willing to support companies who still contribute on this genre.

Edit: typos, lots of them

MoonsEcho
01-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Awesome! Now if we could only get a fifth installment of Monkey Island....

Levian
01-17-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh my god this is great news :D I very much enjoyed Sam n Max hit the road and Grim Fandango. Never really got myself into the monkey island games.

Mikztsu
01-17-2007, 09:00 PM
I just finished the first episode...really good game, especially good at making me laugh. :D Some great humor there. Only downside is that puzzles are bit too easy.

Captain Maxx Power
01-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Sorry, you'll have to clear this up for me. Who are Sam and Max?

Shoeberto
01-18-2007, 12:11 AM
I figured I'd wait for the whole game to be released rather than checking out the episodic content. The last time I splurged on an episode of a game (HL2:Ep1) I was terribly disappointed when it ended and just left me hanging.

Levian
01-18-2007, 12:25 AM
I remember it took me forever to find the map inside the cat's belly in Hit The Road. Sick game. :D

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 01:02 AM
I figured I'd wait for the whole game to be released rather than checking out the episodic content. The last time I splurged on an episode of a game (HL2:Ep1) I was terribly disappointed when it ended and just left me hanging.¨

It's bit different though...these each episodes are a story of their own. Only in the end of episode 2 though, there was some indication there might be some greater plot which lead to the happenings in first two episodes. As I said, they're still separate stories ( at the start of both episodes, Sam and Max will receive cases they have to solve in both episodes).

@ Levian - humor of puzzles in this game is just class ( like it was in Sam & Max hit the road and even better). I don't laugh often when I'm looking at movie ( which might be funny, yet can't make me laugh) but whilst playing these episodes I found myself laughing pretty often. Voice acting and everything is done great as well.

Just finished the 2nd one...now have to wait till Feb7th for 3rd one. :)

P.S. Max is the cutest thing ever. :love: