PDA

View Full Version : UK Meetup 2007

Pages : [1] 2

Iceglow
01-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen let me bring your attention please to this topic. The meet up as is being arranged by myself, Jack and Psy.

The meet will take place in Birmingham and most likely take place over Easter Weekend.

The location is non-negotiable last year Jack had a huge problem over people going "birmingham is a crap place why not have it here" and stuff well guess what if you don't wanna meet in Birmingham then fine arrange another meet up for the city of your choice it's a hard enough job to do without people whining at you that the city is wrong. Birmingham was the easiest one for people last year and going on the basis that all those who attended had a great time at the meet up we're going for Birmingham again.

I'm working on the idea of going for 3 days and 2 nights at the moment thus extending the meet up for another night from Friday to Sunday This would allow us to have more fun and do more things also the amount of time the youngsters who cannot go to a pub get to spend with us could be increased as the ones going to a pub can do so on the friday night and get mashed as they like.

Hopefully the Hotel we went to last year will have us again as it was relatively cheap and for 2 nights we can stay there.

I'll be posting more details as we go along the planning process I'll confirm that date too but it's either going to be easter weekend or the weekend BEFORE easter it depends on what you guys want us to do.

Could an admin please make this a sticky or something for me?

Iceglow.

No.78
01-17-2007, 07:46 PM
*shrug* What would we do? Are you nice? I'm scared...

Roto13
01-17-2007, 07:48 PM
They drink a lot.

Jess
01-17-2007, 08:07 PM
When dates are finalised I'll let you know if I'll be joining you this time round. If I am, it won't be for the whole length of the meet-up, probably just one day. :jess:

theundeadhero
01-17-2007, 08:14 PM
If it's the week I have a four day weekened I can probably come back.

Drift
01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
so soon :(

fire_of_avalon
01-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Hoo-ray stuck.

Psychotic
01-17-2007, 09:55 PM
The location is non-negotiable last year Jack had a huge problem over people going "birmingham is a crap place why not have it here" and stuff well guess what if you don't wanna meet in Birmingham then fine arrange another meet up for the city of your choice it's a hard enough job to do without people whining at you that the city is wrong. Birmingham was the easiest one for people last year and going on the basis that all those who attended had a great time at the meet up we're going for Birmingham again.
This means you, Dreddz. Any whining posts can and will be deleted. Or at least edited to show your undying love for Birmingham and Jasper Carratt. It was cute the first 6 times, it really was. But now it's just stale.

Renmiri
01-17-2007, 09:56 PM
The same hotel is having you back ?

Wow, that means you guys DID behave! ;)

Iceglow
01-17-2007, 10:22 PM
we wasn't that good but I think they'll have us I need to speak with Zorrander and ask him if he will do the honours of booking us in but first I need dates and numbers.

Hero it would be great if you can make it.

Thanks FOA

DK
01-17-2007, 10:29 PM
Jasper Carrott is a legend.

Jess
01-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I've decided I hate Birmingham and I am never stepping foot in it after tonight. :( :( :(

themagicroundabout
01-17-2007, 10:41 PM
I'll be there. Probably. And I love Jasper Carrot.

Gullick
01-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Jasper Carrot rocks but man, i cant wait till i can drive so i can actually go to one of these meet ups, they sound awsum. anyhoo, have a good time folks.

-Gull-

Iceglow
01-17-2007, 10:57 PM
why not get the train to Birmingham like most of us will it's not too expensive last year it cost me like £20 - 30 from London return journey.

Jess
01-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Or like I said before - Visit this website here (http://www.nationalexpress.com) and book yourself a coach journey. It probably will cost you less than the train. :jess:

Jack
01-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Hello children. I'm just posting to say "hallo", and confirming that YES I am arranging it again.
Last year, I arranged the 3rd UK Meet-Up (with no small help from kaggski) and it was a overwhelming sucess, so we're hoping that 2007 is as good, if not better.

However, the only problem I can see with experience is how it can limit what we accept and all that, so I'm explaining some of the descions made (currently) so that people can understand.

BIRMINGHAM?

The reason why we have put our foot down is because (simply) us organisers are simple people, and we don't know enough about other places. We're regionalised and both me and Psy know more about Birmingham then say, Manchester or London.
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/6258/imag0201tx1.jpg
So, in a totally non-agressive manner, if you want meet-ups in other places then arrange them! As organisers, we'd be happy that others are following suit and sorting stuff like this out. I love London. I liked Manchester. I have no predjudice.

Plus, we did go Mancester in 2005.
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/3023/normaldsci0052jb8.jpg

Jasper Carrot rocks but man, i cant wait till i can drive so i can actually go to one of these meet ups, they sound awsum. anyhoo, have a good time folks.

You'd be coming from Wales? Where?
The reason I ask is because I'm coming from Swansea.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

What would we do? Are you nice? I'm scared...

Up to you guys really! Suggest something and it'll be seriously considered! Iceglow is working on the idea of a 3 day weekend, because then members don't have to miss out on stuff. For example, younger EoFFers don't really want to hang around people drinking, and vice versa.

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6928/6nv9.jpg

We usually go the Sealife Centre because each time, we've had enough new people to justify visiting it again.
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7929/imag0123va1.jpg
Plus the picture outside Nemo is quite cool. :)

We also shop which is usually cool.
If there is a night, we will probably drink. *shrug* It's something adults do.
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7403/46ol6.jpg

Seriously, give us the ideas. You're the ones coming, so say what you want.

--

Anyway, I wish for a great meet-up. Problems and issues will be raised when they come up, but until then, all the best.

Psychotic
01-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Man, all these photos of me with short hair. Thank god I had a hat on.

Iceglow
01-17-2007, 11:14 PM
^couldn't have put it better myself. what jack said not psy, strangely my hair changed and now changed back to that pic of me.

Jess
01-17-2007, 11:19 PM
If I come I do not want to see St Andrews. If I do, I might have to kill Paul. :)

Christmas
01-18-2007, 12:34 AM
We should meetup in a random haunted castle just for the sake of it. :bigsmile:

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 01:40 AM
Oh you vulgar Brits.

I'll have Rainecloud's ghost and C2K's skeleton to haunt you.

yumi
01-18-2007, 02:38 AM
Yey for brum (i'm biased becuase i study here) although may i suggest not planning it between the 9-23 of April because sadly I would not be able to make and I know that would ruin the entire event

:kaoyatta:

Iceglow
01-18-2007, 02:56 AM
Yumi the dates I have in mind are the 6th to the 8th the 9th being easter monday so it would be fine for you. Also the weekend before then would be like the end of march begining of april.

theundeadhero
01-18-2007, 04:34 AM
In the first picture that Jack posted you can't see that Leeza is about to attack. Savagely.

Jack
01-18-2007, 05:01 AM
Indeedy.

Here's Leeza.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8590/imag0121do0.jpg
Nod & me could only watch in terror.

--

In other news, it has been decided that instead of the rule last time which said that under 18yr olds had to have permission to come with us, we've (well, me and Psy) decided that this time round, under 16yr olds will need the permission form. Over 16yr olds won't.

However, before any of THAT, we would like some people agreeing to come. That usually helps.

rih29
01-18-2007, 05:54 AM
She was a girl from Birmingham,
She just had an abortion,
She was a case of insanity,
Her name was Pauline and she lived in a tree!!
She was a no one who killed her baby,
She sent her letters from the country,
She was an animal,
SHE WAS A BLOODY DISGRACE!!

Loony BoB
01-18-2007, 11:01 AM
I won't make it (again), but good luck with everything.

Iceglow
01-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Why BoB you live in scotland come on man for once show your face, we won't let Psy sit on it for long :P Bring Smitten Kitten with you if you must!! come on.

Loony BoB
01-18-2007, 11:57 AM
I have my own meetup to manage in August, and my money is going towards that. :) smitten and I are rather poor, what with her travelling to see me almost every weekend and me with my debt which I hope to be out of by the end of the year (but probably won't be).

Psy's probably going to come up to my place in August if things go ahead, so I can assure you that's not the reason. :p

Jack
01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
I have my own meetup to manage in August, and my money is going towards that.

ELITISM!

:D

Agrias
01-20-2007, 12:06 AM
is there any meetups being planned in vancouver? or in british columbia in general?

No. Feel free to organise one of your own, though. This applies to every other location on earth, folks, so no more posts like this please!

Jojee
01-20-2007, 01:56 AM
Wow, 31st March - like 8th April is my spring break too. I had wanted to go to England for this break last year but I'm like 80% doubtful now *_* I kinda lost contact with everyone I knew that lived there. Sounds fun though x3~

Levian
01-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Man, you and your dates. BoB's crashes with school and yours crashes with April 1st. I don't know which is worse. Heck, I'm gonna complain that this meetup is not in London too to make this a two line complaining post and just to spite you. *shakes fist* :mad2:

Christmas
01-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Oh dear, what if that parasite NANNY MANUS turns up? It will be terrible! :(

And even worse, he appears hand in hand NAKED with Levian. :cry:

Chemical
01-20-2007, 10:18 PM
To bad you limeys won't be doing a UK meet up sometime between Feb 9 & 18. (At which time I'll be in Holland)

But all the more reason for me to return to Europe... eventually.

Badge
01-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Well i live about a 40min train journey from Birmingham I guess I could come for a day ^_^. Doubt my mom would let me do the whole hotel thingy yet. Damned Patrents xD

Jack
01-22-2007, 04:44 AM
Well i live about a 40min train journey from Birmingham I guess I could come for a day ^_^. Doubt my mom would let me do the whole hotel thingy yet. Damned Patrents xD

Sounds good. :)
At the moment, we're waiting to see people take interest in the whole proceedings, so I can't tell you THAT much.

However, it would be a big help if you know other EoFFers from the UK that you think would be interested in coming. The more the merrier.

Little Blue
01-22-2007, 07:41 AM
I live in b'ham, so I could come, but I might not be able to come on the Friday (I'm on holiday from uni during April so I might be working).

Sounds interesting.

ReloadPsi
01-22-2007, 07:55 AM
I've decided I like you guys. Alright, I'm coming.

Old Manus
01-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh dear, what if that parasite NANNY MANUS turns up? It will be terrible! :(

And even worse, he appears hand in hand NAKED with Levian. :cry:We can but dream.

Psychotic
01-22-2007, 08:33 PM
I've decided I like you guys. Alright, I'm coming.We'll have amusing hijinks whenever anyone says the word Psi/Psy.

ReloadPsi
01-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Well as long as we go on people's real names there should be no problem.

Unless...

Nope, your real name's Paul, mine is Simon. So people will prolly call me "Psi" anyways, whether they intend to or not. Uwee, hee, hee!

theundeadhero
01-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Calling people by their real names is for losers. You have to use screennames or pay for lunch.

ReloadPsi
01-23-2007, 12:11 PM
So people can call me Psi AND pay for lunch. Groovy!

Fatal Impurity
01-23-2007, 01:53 PM
i want to come but im not sure about whether it crashes with college or not.....hmmmmm.....

ReloadPsi
01-23-2007, 04:28 PM
By the way, how much is this hotel you mentioned?

boris no no
01-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Hello!

Oh meetups, a whole load of lols and whatnot.

I would love to go to this but as per usual (like last year) money is tight. I might come for a quick hello as its not too far by train :)
Also I have a lovely little thing called a disseration to finish ;[

And haha I'm posting :cool: does that make me cool?

Jack
01-24-2007, 06:49 AM
ROUND UP

i want to come but im not sure about whether it crashes with college or not.....hmmmmm.....

Well, if it's on Easter weekend, it won't clash with your college because all college's are closed. That's what we bank on, and why we often choose that time of the year. Hell, even my University is closed then. (Pity...)

By the way, how much is this hotel you mentioned?

THANK YOU!
For asking anyway. It shows a real interest, which I'm really happy with. However, unlike Trains and Planes, Hotel's cost more the earlier they are booked. Last year, at this time it was a silly price, but then zorander sorted it out that we paid £25 for our bed, and we had 3 doubles (although one became 3 beds). So wait until we are closer and have more people on board.
But seriously, thank you.

I would love to go to this but as per usual (like last year) money is tight. I might come for a quick hello as its not too far by train :)
Also I have a lovely little thing called a disseration to finish ;[

Don't worry my dear, if you can't come, you can't come. I'm sure (well, I understand if that's anything!) people understand, and if you come and do badly in your dissertation, I'll be sad. :(
I'm banking on you doing mine when it comes to that (judgement) day.

Agrias
01-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Wow, this sounds like a really amazingly fun time. Hopefully around that time i should get a bonus. If that happens i could probably pay for a plane ticket to come see you all. If i cant, then i guess theres always next year right?

No.78
01-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Oh if its the sealife centre in brighton then I may come, seeming as I live reasonably close to it!!! (sealife centre sucks)

Fatal Impurity
01-25-2007, 06:37 AM
ok then that settles i will come along! i just hope i'll have enough money....so how much are the train fares from crewe to birmingham?

Nod
01-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Hello

Sounds like lots of fun, but at the moment basically money isn't available.....

Also, to second Boris.....

And haha I'm posting :cool: does that make me cool?
Yeah it does!!!! :cool: :roll:

ReloadPsi
01-28-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm gonna have no internet access for about a month, so please do try and keep me in mind if you start tossing final dates around and suchlike.

Paul
01-29-2007, 02:10 AM
i might come just to be the unknown guy

Loony BoB
01-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Paul, Psy (Paul) and Psi. Oh the horror.

Jojee
01-29-2007, 11:46 AM
i might come just to be the unknown guy

you'll never be unknown in my heart :love:

Psychotic
01-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Paul, Psy (Paul) and Psi. Oh the horror.Jealous that I finished my clone army before you finished yours?

UK meetup injoke for the championship!

Jess
01-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Psychotic = SCOUSE!
Paul = Paul
Psi = Si!

Simple. I'd have a hard time calling Psy Scouse rather than Paul, though. :jess:

Little Blue
01-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Paul, Psy (Paul) and Psi. Oh the horror.

Is it only me that's having visions of old Charmed episodes?

Iceglow
02-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Well now that the fiasco of the dead laptop is sorted (melted the heatsink, burnt out the hdd and 30 mins after final crash when I had left it off and unplugged upside down I opened it to survey the damage and got a core temp reading of 100+ degrees celcius) I have a shiny new one running vista, I will still be organising and this road show is back in action however I lost all my plans for it :( don't worry however as I am sure between me and the others organising this meet we can get it back on track.

Boris, let me put some overtime in at work and find out more about the costs. Maybe I can help you come for the duration. And it is no problem so don't even think of saying you'll be a burden to me.

Roto13
02-06-2007, 01:53 AM
All you UK people should go to the meetup.

Psychotic
02-06-2007, 01:54 AM
OK.

Ki Ki
02-06-2007, 04:40 AM
You're so obedient. :kaolove2:

Paul
02-07-2007, 04:00 PM
dudes WHERES MY MEETUP???

blim
02-09-2007, 10:11 AM
All you UK people should go to the meetup.

But there are some people on here i'd rather not meet, and im sure some don't want to meet me.

Anyways i might go.

Iceglow
02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Well pretty much all are welcome...just the 60 year old paedo need not apply :P Psy will only get his hopes up otherwise.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-10-2007, 11:54 AM
why does is always have to be in Birmingham?
it sucks, i wish i could come, but i cany

DM_Melkhar
02-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Any chance of doing something like this over in the east of England?

Madonna
02-10-2007, 08:51 PM
The meet will take place in Birmingham and most likely take place over Easter Weekend.

The location is non-negotiable last year Jack had a huge problem over people going "birmingham is a crap place why not have it here" and stuff well guess what if you don't wanna meet in Birmingham then fine arrange another meet up for the city of your choice it's a hard enough job to do without people whining at you that the city is wrong. Birmingham was the easiest one for people last year and going on the basis that all those who attended had a great time at the meet up we're going for Birmingham again.I have no idea as to why I would be quoting this; surely everyone reads the thread before they start posting!

Psychotic
02-10-2007, 10:59 PM
You're a good man, Lynx.

Iceglow
02-10-2007, 11:05 PM
That has to be one of the finest quotes of something I have said ever. :bigsmile: though I don't recall that being my screen name, maybe we ought to fix that, Will some one please change my screen name to "The first post in the thread, you stupid, stupid people" lol?

DM_Melkhar
02-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I thought these kinds of meet ups had to be official so that it was compliant with internet safety. Of course, people will take matters into their own hands either way.

This is JUST a suggestion, but I think if people in different areas really want to meet up, usernames can be listed for those regions. For example: North, Midlands, East, South-east and South-west. Then, from that, the users from each of these regions can decide what they want to do and discuss how they could go about doing it.

What do people think?

Christmas
02-11-2007, 03:45 PM
I thought these kinds of meet ups had to be official so that it was compliant with internet safety. Of course, people will take matters into their own hands either way.

Yes, SAFETY came first when you meetup with Psychotic. I will use my connections to deploy a Special Task Force to seal off the area and ensure your SAFETY when you came into contact with Psychotic. :bigsmile:

DM_Melkhar
02-11-2007, 03:58 PM

Yes, SAFETY came first when you meetup with Psychotic. I will use my connections to deploy a Special Task Force to seal off the area and ensure your SAFETY when you came into contact with Psychotic. :bigsmile:

A?

theundeadhero
02-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Quit whining, people. I don't even live in England and I go.

Christmas
02-11-2007, 04:48 PM
We little folks get scared when we are out in the big cites with fancy cars and buildings and our Mamas want us home before 8. :bigsmile:

theundeadhero
02-11-2007, 04:50 PM
You have to watch out for the buildings. They lure you into traps! One minute you're walking with the people you know, and then the next you and Psychotic are all alone in the street waiting to get attacked by street vendors and people handing out flyers.

Iceglow
02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
The flyer people are the worst, they try and force you to take their crap and when you say "sorry I don't live in birmingham" in your most cockney accent they still try and give you it. they have been brainwashed by the man, that or clones made by Loony BoB for purposes unknown...should you ever see one looking like me then report to me the location immediately via usernote.

Psychotic
02-11-2007, 10:10 PM
I thought these kinds of meet ups had to be official so that it was compliant with internet safety. Of course, people will take matters into their own hands either way.Official in what way? Either way, I think they're safe enough. Under 16's have to have proven parental permission, and the meetups are held in public places in broad daylight, and those who have doubts can look in the EoFF photo album to prove that we're all who we say we are. Unless of course there was some elaborate grand conspiracy to ensnare people with faked photo albums but if people still feel unsafe then they don't have to attend.
This is JUST a suggestion, but I think if people in different areas really want to meet up, usernames can be listed for those regions. For example: North, Midlands, East, South-east and South-west. Then, from that, the users from each of these regions can decide what they want to do and discuss how they could go about doing it. This isn't a bad idea, but I don't think EoFF has enough UK members willing to meetup in each area for it to be entirely successful, so until EoFF gets more UK members, I still think having one big centralised meet up is the way to go.
You have to watch out for the buildings. They lure you into traps! One minute you're walking with the people you know, and then the next you and Psychotic are all alone in the street waiting to get attacked by street vendors and people handing out flyers.Did you enjoy our birthday Krishna leaflets? :D And as for those street vendors, man were those donuts (or funnel cakes, as you call them) dodgy. When I got home, the first thing I did was vomit them back up again, and it had a wonderful dark green sludgy look. Now, if explicit descriptions of my Birmingham food poisoning-induced vomit don't attract people to come to the meet up, I'm not sure what will!

Jack
02-11-2007, 11:53 PM

Official in what way? Either way, I think they're safe enough. Under 16's have to have proven parental permission, and the meetups are held in public places in broad daylight, and those who have doubts can look in the EoFF photo album to prove that we're all who we say we are. Unless of course there was some elaborate grand conspiracy to ensnare people with faked photo albums but if people still feel unsafe then they don't have to attend.

Well, you see EoFF is a foum and has no official backing. It's a collective, not an organisation. However, it has some sort of "Official" backing in that admin's sticky it and draw attention to it.
Internet safety? We follow the law, we use disclaimer forms and rules, especially for young members. We do it in a City in broad daylight and in some situations we have rang or contacted the parents ourselves.
Not exactly the actions of paedophiles.
We're also notorious when it comes to certain laws like alcohol. We (as organisers) check our and legal rights and regulations.
We also display pictures of ourselves in a photo album, which displays what we get up to, and have arranged meet-ups before. If you want, ask people who have been before.

This isn't a bad idea, but I don't think EoFF has enough UK members willing to meetup in each area for it to be entirely successful, so until EoFF gets more UK members, I still think having one big centralised meet up is the way to go.

We discussed this actually. However, the thing is that means members have to miss out on meeting certain members. For example, Amratis comes from Kent and I come from Wales. However, we're really good mates so we'll want to meet together. That's why he localise it Birmingham, because it's the middle.
The distance isn't actually as much as you think, and we (organisers) are quite good with that, so ask us for help.

By the way kids, we're gonna go with Easter Weekend. Book your calenders now.

Baloki
02-12-2007, 12:45 AM
So the FCC won't let me be
Or let me be me so let me see
They tried to shut me down on MTV
But it feels so empty without me
So, come on and dip, bum on your lips
Jump back jiggle a hip and wiggle a bit
And get ready, 'cos this is about to get heavy
I just settled all my lawsuits, you Debbie

Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cos we need a little controversy
'Cos it feels so empty without me
Now this looks like a job for me
So everybody just follow me
'Cos we need a little controversy
'Cos it feels so empty without me

Iceglow
02-12-2007, 01:42 AM
Take that as a yes then Baloki is in on the meet up.

DK
02-12-2007, 10:33 AM
I will be hosting the UK South-West meetup later on this week! All the South-west UK members will be there! It's going to be great.

So yeah I'm pretty much probably playing Morrowind. :D

BarelySeeAtAll
02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I will be hosting the UK South-West meetup later on this week! All the South-west UK members will be there! It's going to be great.

So yeah I'm pretty much probably playing Morrowind. :D

yay, good...
but its my mum and my mums lecturing friends will never let me go...
they dont trust you all (i do, i have total confidence in you all) maybe if it was somewhere i could say i was just going shopping to, i might be able to get away with that..whereas with birmingham, a bit too far to say im shopping

DK
02-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Scratch that, seeing as I just bought it, I'll probably being playing Okami this weekend.

zorander
02-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Hulloooooooo!
Isn't it odd that the world keeps on going when i'm not here ro look at it...
Ah fragglesnap.
Firstly, Jack, if the dates are deffinatly set for the 6th-8th, AND we can count on a multiple of 3 to be spending the nights, then i'll be happy to book rooms.
There are some members who came to the last birmingham meetup, having been under 18, and I met their parents. The stalker and Themagicroundabout's parents dropped them off and picked them up and even asked lots of hard questions that involved detailed thought... So if there is anyone who's on the young side, feel free to have your parents interrigate the organisers. In Jack's case, make sure the pokers are HOT.

Oh, and Jack, I just LOVE the sig. I was going to do one of you using the pic i took of you coming outta the shower, but the image is only alowed to be so big.... too bad, there's a nice skin tone in that pic.
XD

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 01:22 PM
There can always be an all-round central event, but I think meet ups in different areas depending on numbers is still feasible. That's why I was asking if anyone was in East Anglia. There's me in Norwich and another in Essex at the moment. But I thought if there were other people around and between Norwich, Colchester, Cambridge and Peterborough, then some time in the future there could be an eastern meet up.

Jack
02-15-2007, 07:29 PM
That's why I was asking if anyone was in East Anglia. There's me in Norwich and another in Essex at the moment. But I thought if there were other people around and between Norwich, Colchester, Cambridge and Peterborough, then some time in the future there could be an eastern meet up.

That's okay. However, we're concentrating on THIS one. In the future, go ahead. Seriously.

Back to THIS meet-up, who's coming?

Attending

Iceglow
Psychotic
Jack
amratis
zorander
Baloki

Let's get some more names down here kids.

Baloki
02-15-2007, 08:03 PM
That's why I was asking if anyone was in East Anglia. There's me in Norwich and another in Essex at the moment. But I thought if there were other people around and between Norwich, Colchester, Cambridge and Peterborough, then some time in the future there could be an eastern meet up.

That's okay. However, we're concentrating on THIS one. In the future, go ahead. Seriously.

Back to THIS meet-up, who's coming?

Attending

Iceglow
Psychotic
Jack
amratis
zorander
Baloki

Let's get some more names down here kids.

I need solid dates and information Jim! I just can't reach the control panel...

Iceglow
02-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I should slap you Baloki for that!!!

It's EASTER WEEKEND SAME AS LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Right that yelled I'm out.

A_Fish
02-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Are there any fit birds here? I'm up for the meet up! I'm from the UK and I love FF. My favourite character is the best one. Cid, obviously.

stefan
02-16-2007, 02:06 AM
could someone please make a list of all the hot girls coming? paul wants to know:

nick
aim screenname/etc
phone #
pic

thx 4 ur attention

Paul
02-16-2007, 02:11 AM
maybe i'll meet my sorceress at this meetup...

A_Fish
02-16-2007, 02:20 AM
fork off. I already claimed any fit Edea type sorcerresses see my last post!!!!!1

Paul
02-16-2007, 02:22 AM
u cant choose who da sorcerress powers go to u idiot didnt u even play final fantasy 8

A_Fish
02-16-2007, 02:23 AM
yes I bet it in my first go in 8 hours you forkin idiot! And Edea chose me you obvsiously didn't get that ending maybe you should play it again :rollsyeeys:

Psychotic
02-16-2007, 02:24 AM
There are no hot girls. We're all balding men in our 40's.

And yes, what you're doing is hilarious. Newbspeak FF fanatics! I get it! :laugh: Original and witty.

A_Fish
02-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Why hav eyou got a picture of a walrus in your sig? Is tha tnew comedy? I dno't get new comedy it's all "look at this random thing it's got nothing to dowtwith anythine isn't it so funny!". andyway I pretty much settle for 40 year old badly gusy.

birdscout
02-16-2007, 02:27 AM
im no fred flintstone but i'll make ur bedrock :jokey:

Paul
02-16-2007, 02:29 AM
seriously though guys, seriously. seriously. i'm serious. won't everyone just loosen up once in a while.

A_Fish
02-16-2007, 02:32 AM
bridscout you soudn fit are you a bird?

Psychotic
02-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Yeah, you got it, my signature is a cutting edge piece of comedic art which also makes subtle statements about the current state of society! ...or maybe I just like walruses, I don't know!

Ooh wow, gang spamming on an internet forum! What will they think of next? Maybe Chuck Norris jokes! Better yet, make it topical. Accuse me of crying when Aeris died. It's true, you know. I filled up three entire buckets.

obtw: I'm just gonna delete your spammy posts from now on. Yeah, don't try feigning ignorance, you know what you're doing. :kiss:

Baloki
02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
I should slap you Baloki for that!!!

It's EASTER WEEKEND SAME AS LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Right that yelled I'm out.

Some of us don't happen to know when Easter weekend is this year so a set of dates would help and maybe an edited first post with details and lists?

COME ON, BE MORE ORGANISED!

Iceglow
02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Yumi the dates I have in mind are the 6th to the 8th the 9th being easter monday so it would be fine for you. Also the weekend before then would be like the end of march begining of april.

And some Baloki did not read page one of this thread.

Good friday falls on the 6th so easter weekend is from then untill the 9th

zorander
02-16-2007, 12:38 PM
It'd be useful in booking the hotel rooms if I had a set number in the next week or so, as the sooner i book, the cheeper it works out for all staying. Plus, if the people sleping at the hotel on the 6th and 7th are in a multiple of three, then it also works out to our advantage pricewise.

Prices currently stand at:

£79 for a single room
£85 for a twin room
£100 for a triple room

Prices are per room, per night, so if we have 3, 6, 9 or 12 people stayin at the hotel overnight, then it'll cost each person £33 per night booked into triple rooms.

yumi
02-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah I'd probably come along, no excuse really seeing as I live in Birmingham. Not sure what days untill near the time because of work but can I be a very possible!

:kaoyatta:

ReloadPsi
02-16-2007, 07:33 PM
So it'd cost me £33 for the hotel and then I'd just have to meet travel and nutrition costs? That sounds cool.

Iceglow
02-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Travel, Nutrition, Alcoholism (if you're over 18) and spending money we go out and do things like the round-about lol and the sealife centre.

ReloadPsi
02-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Alcoholism (if you're over 18)
And charity if you don't want the under 18s to feel left out.

Iceglow
02-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Sorry bud, but when you're under 18 you'll be on your own trying to get alcohol as organisers we agreed last year that you'll be signing an agreement that bans you from asking us to buy you alcohol or anything else age restricted for those over the age of 18.

blim
02-18-2007, 08:24 AM
I will probably join up with you lot on one of the days (unless im hiking somewhere) but wont know til nearer the time. Thats about as definite as i can get.

Badge
02-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, you got it, my signature is a cutting edge piece of comedic art which also makes subtle statements about the current state of society! ...or maybe I just like walruses, I don't know!

Ooh wow, gang spamming on an internet forum! What will they think of next? Maybe Chuck Norris jokes! Better yet, make it topical. Accuse me of crying when Aeris died. It's true, you know. I filled up three entire buckets.

obtw: I'm just gonna delete your spammy posts from now on. Yeah, don't try feigning ignorance, you know what you're doing. :kiss:

<3 Legend!! <3
lolz xxx

Baloki
02-18-2007, 04:45 PM

I'll spam you Psy, RIGHT IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD!

Can't wait to see you</3

Iceglow
02-18-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm thinking we all ought to bring plenty of money, last year I went with 200 and ok sure I paid for everything for both me and well you guys know who. Yet I left with like £40 afterwards just cause Birmingham is cheaper than London doesn't mean 100 quid will neccessairly see you through.

Baloki
02-18-2007, 10:26 PM
I'll be lucky if I have £20 after paying for the hotel room :(

Iceglow
02-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Baloki you are my charity cause this year I'll help pay for you :)

Cookie
02-20-2007, 07:20 PM
I'd probably come and check it out but my parents wouldn't let me, it's not even worth me asking them. Maybe next time, have fun though.

Iceglow
02-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Well thats cool and yesh there will be a definite 2008 meet up if I have to work on it alone to get it done.

Rocket Edge
02-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm gonna attend this next year.

Agrias
02-21-2007, 02:08 AM
i'm going next year bwahaha! by order of iceglow, ha!

Iceglow
02-21-2007, 04:28 AM
Well I asked you to come because you asked me to come canada, fair is fair :bigsmile:

Baloki
02-21-2007, 09:06 AM
In April 2007 a group of unwanted, internet fiends (and Psy) descended on a hapless Birmingham population causing Mischief, insulting BoB and shouting, randomly, OMGLIKWTFBBQROFLCOPTORS!

After approximately 16 minutes, a full armed police response was deployed, 12 shots were fired taking out Jack and Nod. The rest were arrested and beaten senseless...

Sounds a bit like last year, should be fun ^_^

Iceglow
02-22-2007, 12:17 AM
You forgot about how we daringly escaped with Psy's help as he slept his way around the entire police station!

Iceglow
02-22-2007, 01:52 PM
WARNING!!!!

All people who are coming need to post on here that they are coming and if you will be spending the night with us. If you intend on coming by train then PLEASE PLEASE check the trains as I have been looking at them today online and they appear to be having engineering works on the easter weekend, my return journey is a lot longer than I thought it would be. This could only be affecting London but I would like you all to check.

Jack
02-22-2007, 03:36 PM
By the way kids, you need to post and tell us you're coming. We're not mind readers. Really. Despite what Psy says.

Don't delay. Really.

Iceglow
02-24-2007, 12:03 AM
Ok I've just spoken to Zorander about the hotels again. He's booking for us and he does read the thread he doesn't post much but he does read. What I want from you guys now since there is only 6 weeks left to book the hotel in (guess what guys longer you put off signing up, more expensive the room, more expensive the room the more you pay in share.) is NAMES PEOPLE NAMES

I need each member definitely in for the hotel to post a CLEAR confirmation for a head count. All those who are up for it and yet not sure if they can yet again make it clear you will be put in to a seperate group. IF in a weeks time I haven't heard from you either in PMs or publically here then you don't get booked for and you'll be left to go and book your own room. Last year for some reason it was cheap I paid 60 - 70 quid for a room this year it costs like £100+ a room so get moving people HUSTLE!

theundeadhero
02-24-2007, 12:36 PM
If it's over the Easter four day count me in for the hotel.

ReloadPsi
02-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah, providing I don't suddely find that I have no money, I shall attend.

Iceglow
02-25-2007, 06:13 PM
So far my lists are:

Definite:

Undead Hero
Jack
Baloki (with Miles, own room)
Zorander
Psychotic
Amratis (I asked her on msn since she hardly ever comes on here)
Myself
The Magic Roundabout (mr curtis, confirmed attending unconfirmed on staying the night I'm going to bug him now)

Unconfirmed:

Psi

Psychotic
02-25-2007, 08:21 PM
What about Mr. Curtis?

Paul
02-27-2007, 10:19 AM
i wanted to come guys i think we'll have fun, but the super weak totalitarian style moderation at this forum has kind of put me off. i mean i suppose it's a MEETUP so it won't be like on the forums, right?

EDIT please do not delete this post, i know it's hard to have someone disagree with you but accepting it is all part of being an adult.

but also because i do want to come. i'm a nice guy

Baloki
02-27-2007, 03:04 PM
i wanted to come guys i think we'll have fun, but the super weak totalitarian style moderation at this forum has kind of put me off. i mean i suppose it's a MEETUP so it won't be like on the forums, right?

EDIT please do not delete this post, i know it's hard to have someone disagree with you but accepting it is all part of being an adult.

but also because i do want to come. i'm a nice guy

I say we ban him :P

theundeadhero
02-27-2007, 05:33 PM
If you let some internet forum moderator boss you around out in the real world, then you probably have some problems. Besides, that's not Psy's style. He'll manipulate you into wanting to get naked on top of the Leeza statue and give everyone the wanker sign. I would, at least.

Baloki
02-27-2007, 06:27 PM
If you let some internet forum moderator boss you around out in the real world, then you probably have some problems. Besides, that's not Psy's style. He'll manipulate you into wanting to get naked on top of the Leeza statue and give everyone the wanker sign. I would, at least.

WTF Psys a mod? I sure missed alot, including hell freezing over and lezza began hating cats :O?

What's the world coming too :(

Iceglow
02-27-2007, 07:59 PM
lol baloki..:D

Paul
02-27-2007, 09:03 PM
i appreciate the non-deletion of my post. this is a sign that maybe we can work together after all! it is a bit like the north korea nuclear standoff. except that i don't have any weapons.

anyway where is the meetup? birmingham? i doubt i'd be staying over but i might pop by... is everyone going to be getting drunk?!

Baloki
02-27-2007, 10:57 PM
i appreciate the non-deletion of my post. this is a sign that maybe we can work together after all! it is a bit like the north korea nuclear standoff. except that i don't have any weapons.

anyway where is the meetup? birmingham? i doubt i'd be staying over but i might pop by... is everyone going to be getting drunk?!

I don't think the mods really care about you to be honest and are just doing their job and making sure the forums are running ok-ish. If they are out to get you that liverpool avatar is probably the only thing keeping you from being banned tbh.

If you have a complaint I would recommend hassling Shlup, actually just harass her anyways, she enjoys it :D!

Down with Socs, UP WITH WALRI!

Psychotic
02-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Any posts deleted by me were done because they were off-topic and were bringing bad feeling into the thread, not because I want to stifle the views of the masses. If you don't like the moderation at this forum, okay, that's cool, but there's a time and a place (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40) to make your views known. I don't think debating it in the UK Meet Up thread is going to change anything about the way these forums are run, and internet drama (and people saying they want to meet hot girls) isn't exactly appealing to any prospective meet up goers, so that's why they were deleted.

But there, I just allowed a load of off-topicness so now you all owe me cake or steak or something.

Baloki
02-28-2007, 12:04 AM
But there, I just allowed a load of off-topicness so now you all owe me cake or steak or something.

I think more you owe me a cheesecake, can you bring it to the meetup, it'd make me happy plushiebunny snugglepants?

Iceglow
02-28-2007, 02:06 AM
well if he is bringing cheesecake for you he can bring some for all of us or go buy one for us when there.

ReloadPsi
02-28-2007, 02:19 AM
smurf it, count me in for real real. I will be there. Of definiteness. If I end up with no money, this is something worth sticking on my credit card that I'm always not thinking of making payments towards ^__^

I do get censored an awful lot when posting here and have even had posts edited by mods for my language. Hopefully nobody will mind my foul mouth at the meetup.

you all owe me cake or steak or something.
Lemon, chocolate or just a plain ol' Victoria Sandwich?

Paul
02-28-2007, 09:09 AM
sorry guys i realise a meetup thread isn't the time or place for a debate on how the forums are run (badly), but i just got angry because it was like 5 posts of harmless fun and then we got SMACKED DOWN. and then when i tried to argue that we were only having a bit of harmless fun, my argument was deleted and i was made to look foolish because the moderator guaranteed he had the last word.

anyway forget it happy times everyone getting along etc. when is the meetup exactly?

zorander
02-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Easter weekend.
Friday 6th April, Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th.
Sat and Sun for those staying at the hotel.

Iceglow
02-28-2007, 11:29 PM
in other words, you need to be able to spend saturday night at the hotel if you wanna stay, the friday night is now more of a private event (sorry guys but some of us vets wanna meet up and have a private event from the looks)

ReloadPsi
02-28-2007, 11:54 PM
Private event? Um, okay.

Iceglow
03-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Yeah its totally going to be a re-formation of last years meet up? ever wonder why the photo album is like it is for the uk meet up? One big gay orgy......it's all it is :P lmao

No really we're all good mates and have many smaller meet ups over the year (such as the fact that Jack came to see me last weekend) but only really get together in big group form here we'd like to spend some time just getting drunk together without excluding you lot from convo. :) it will hopefully make your overall experience of the meet up better and make you wanna come to the next one that will be arranged.

So meet up is going to be officially Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th of April this year.

Psychotic
03-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Friday is just an unofficial get-together before the meetup, it's not actually part of the meetup itself. We kinda figured that seeing as it's hard enough to get people to come for one or two days, let alone three, we might as well just make Friday for people who have been before, so we know they're reliable. Been messed about by too many people in the past. But Sat and Sun are still open to all, and all the previous meet ups have been from Sat to Sun, so nobody's going to miss out or anything.

Baloki
03-01-2007, 12:38 AM
:save:

Paul
03-01-2007, 10:04 AM
yaeh sorry guys, friday for us only...

jk guys jk

nah but what are the planned events?!

by the way just like to assure anyone, i'm a perfectly sane reasonable person i'm not a troll or anything, i was just irritated earlier. I'M AN ADMIN AT FFWA!!! HUG ME

Iceglow
03-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Planned events as usual include plenty of random stuff also we're going to follow tradition which means the sealife centre, the evening is generally taken up by copious amounts of drinking, computer games if we can get the ps2 to work on the hotel tv, posting at random on here if we have net access and other random fun.

theundeadhero
03-01-2007, 05:30 PM
I guess I better turn my weekened pass paperwork in now and book an airplane so I can really be reliable.

Iceglow
03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Indeed you better had Hero I aint letting you escape that easily no soldier!

amratis
03-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Woo! \o/ looking forward to it guys! xD

Iceglow
03-06-2007, 12:37 AM
The hotel bar again? Amra?

Jack
03-06-2007, 01:19 AM
FRIDAY

Simple enough kids, we know each other. I mean, I've slept with boris_no_no, zorander in the same bed, slept around Iceglow's ex house, been drinking with Psy and I'm gonna see amratis later this month. As examples.
No offence intended. All other meet-ups have only been Saturday & Sunday, so its no alteration of previous meet-ups. Also, US Meet-Ups have only ever been a day so you get more value with the UK.

As long as amra and me get to drink stupid amounts of alcohol while the rest look on weirdly, I'm happy.

RANDOM FUN

Well, this year i'm gonna invest in a couple of hours of attractions in Birmingham as well as some clubs. Just to know a little bit more.
Also, I've got something planned for this event. After all, it is the 3rd Meet-Up in Birmingham, you've gotta do something special... ;)

PEOPLE

Note: Seriously people, you're gonna have to crack on and say "Yes". Just because. Anyone with (?), I'm not sure about if you need a hotel or anything.

Members

Iceglow
Psychotic
amratis
zorander
theundeadhero
Baloki
Jack
Psi (?)
Paul (?)

Non-Members

Miles

Good eh?

Iceglow
03-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Hero you have personal invite being there was the mini "hero" visit meet up for you over xmas to come friday too infact you better come friday too bish

ReloadPsi
03-06-2007, 06:48 AM
PEOPLE

Note: Seriously people, you're gonna have to crack on and say "Yes". Just because. Anyone with (?), I'm not sure about if you need a hotel or anything.

Seriously Jack, I already said Yes. Hey, this is just a few days after my 21st+1, how can I refuse?

Oh right, the (?) means you don't know where I'm staying. Yes, I need a hotel. Who's taking care of that?

Psychotic
03-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Has anyone bothered to tell Cz this is happening? I don't think he'd notice a stickied thread in General Chat.

Also, I mentioned this idea to Jack, but I'll post it here anyway to see what the rest of the world thinks. If we have a computer again, we could also bring a webcam and a microphone, and broadcast for an hour or two to our wonderful internet pals. It could be a great advert! ...or it could turn out to be the most repulsive thing on the internet since :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:. I'd put money on the latter.

theundeadhero
03-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I could drink a ton of booze and fail miserably at trying to perform Eyes on Moderation live by webcam.

Iceglow
03-06-2007, 09:04 PM
lmao YESH!!!! *GOES BUYS WEBCAM WITH MICROPHONE*

I'm up for this Psy you need to mention these to me too since it's my baby too don't you steal our baby away from me else I will want alamoney.

CZ....*goes to spam the man known only as Czanthor*

Psi, posting here that you need the hotel is enough I co-ordinate with Zorrander, he is booking the hotel, payment can be made on arrival in birmingham in cash too he didn't mind last year.

ReloadPsi
03-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Groovy. Now I just need to capitalise on the closeness to my birthday in order to get a little bit of additional cash from my parents.

zorander
03-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I'd like to go online and book the hotel rooms this friday, that gives 4 weeks early booking time. Friday week at the latest.
So, let's see if i have this right so far...

Members

Iceglow - hotel
Psychotic - hotel
amratis - hotel
zorander - hotel
theundeadhero - hotel
Baloki - hotel - twin room with Miles
Jack - hotel
Psi - hotel
Paul (?)

Non-Members

Miles - hotel twin room with Baloki

That would make it 2 tripple rooms, one twin and a single. in order for the rooms to be as cheep as possible, we'd either need 2 more paople to share a room with the 7th person, or for Baloki, Miles and the 7th person to be in a tripple room.

Also, I brought my laptop and ps2 last year, I can bring the ps2, x-box or game cube along this year, but as for the laptop, there'd not be much point because i no longer have the internet datacard i used for wireles connection last year, unless someone else has an idea of how to tap into the net using just a coat-hanger, a tube of toothpaste and a dis-mantled hotel phone port?

And cash on the day would be fine, once it's all been booked, i'll post the final cost for each person here - it'll all be shared out equally.

Baloki
03-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah me and Miles'll be sharing a room together so if ya want to book it and tell me how much it is zor an I'll make sure we have the money to pay for it ^_^. As for laptops, I'm sure I can find one to bring along, bwhahahahahahaha!

Hopefully I'll have my new job by then so I'll be able to afford to drink on the Friday night too! It's looking like it's gonna be awesome fun again though :D!

*can't wait*

Paul
03-07-2007, 01:12 PM
actually i've given up internet meetups for lent.

ReloadPsi
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm gonna bring a Guitar Hero controller, if I've the will to lunk it around. Is anyone bringing Guitar Hero 1? I'll bring II, but keep in mind I'm not that good at it so you'll have to put up with my "Ohhh sh****t"s and manic laughter.

How do we sort out things like where we meet up and stuff? Do we all just swap mobile numbers and let each other know?

Iceglow
03-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Well I think there is another non member I know who is after comming I will get her to add herself to the community and stuff when she gets online. Jack knows who she is and stuff so badger him with questions, after all she is mainly going to say hello to him I think.

As for the hotel, Zorander booking today would be cool with me.

I have my laptop with built in wireless card give me access to a free hotspot and we have the net.

Remember EVERYONE has to bring a camera of some sort. I'll have my sisters digital camera on me for mine and also possibly a web cam if I can buy one with built in microphone (I gotta get one anyway so lol)

amratis
03-09-2007, 06:09 PM
My camera will be a sucky disposable one coz I dont have a spiffy new camera :(

ReloadPsi
03-09-2007, 06:26 PM
My cameraphone should suffice, providing I can find the damn USB cable to put the pics on my computer afterwards.

Psst: Maybe we should make a list of who's bringing what.

Me: My laptop, my Guitar Hero controller

Iceglow
03-09-2007, 06:35 PM
no need for that. bring whatever you wanna bring we are after all adult enough to be sensible. Only bring that which you can manage to carry around though for obvious reasons.

ReloadPsi
03-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I know, but I need to know whether anyone's bringing a PS2, so I can leave mine at home, as I really wanna play Guitar Hero with y'all :/

zorander
03-10-2007, 02:37 PM
i'll bring my PS2, but i'm not sure if i have the analog adapter that works with the hotel tv's anymore. I think Amra has one. If not, it'll just be one more tradition of something else to be done: buy an areal adaptor thingy

Iceglow
03-10-2007, 09:57 PM
LOL yeah the trouble we had getting that was quite fun. then getting it to work omg that was fun and then eventually it was like "yeah it worked"

Iceglow
03-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Sorry Double post here admins but I feel this requires me to double post as it is an urgent message on a completely different subject to my last post.

[b]ROLL CALL]/b]

Our hotel booker and all round dandy man Zorander has asked me to get definite answers from you all as to whether you will be there for 1 or 2 nights. I can memorise both but I wanna know for definite so he books the rooms to the cheapest possible way. Currently it stands that staying both nights will cost in the region of 50 quid.

Hotel is booked with no chance of staying with us WEDS 14 MARCH 2007!!!

Get your posts in now.

ReloadPsi
03-11-2007, 12:50 AM
YES AS MANY NIGHTS AS I'M PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MEETUP

I assume "Two nights" means Saturday and Sunday, which is fine as I can just buy a Saver Return ticket. Pardon my slowness on the uptake here; I know there's sort of a more exclusive event on Friday so that's where I'm coming from.

What this means is that I'll be going home on Monday, as public transport where I live sucks too much for me to go home on Sunday anyway.

Man, it's a good thing I found a spot to log in when I did, what with me bein' outta town for a few days...

Psychotic
03-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Ol' Psychot' is there for two.

zorander
03-11-2007, 01:11 AM
er, well, the nights to be booked where to be Friday night for those who get there friday, and then Saturday night for the others who join in later thus we can have the whole "meetup" on Saturday and sunday, with the Oldbies (is that even a word?!) having all of friday to splodge about

Iceglow
03-11-2007, 01:13 AM
2 nights = friday - saturday nights.

Arrive friday morning leave sunday afternoon

zorander
03-13-2007, 12:08 PM
The current and hopefuly final hotel booking plans are:
2 tripple rooms and one doubble room for 2 nights.
This will cost £340 for both nights and work out to £38 per person if we divide the total cost between the nine thus confirmed.
I'll be able to pay £51 online as a deposit and the aditional £289 on arrival or checkout.
I'm deffinatly going to go ahead and book the rooms tonight because the number of available rooms is dwindeling and I don't want to be left with too few rooms.

On a side note, What times are we all planing on arriving and going home? Hotel check in time is 14:00 on friday and checkout at 11:00 on sunday. I'll most likely arrive for 10am on friday and get the train home at about 6 or 7. Depending on what time everyone else decides to hang about.

Baloki
03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I have to wait till after work on Friday and will have to get to Manchester to get to BHam New Street so I'll probably be there about 7/8-ish on Friday and can leave as late as possible on the Sunday :D!

*~Lea*~
03-13-2007, 02:48 PM
LOL! Steve!! Telling the world im goin for one reason lol shut up!! i dnt evn no if i can come yet....need to get past the parents... erghhhh
xxx

ReloadPsi
03-13-2007, 07:12 PM
I just need the very last train to Skipton from Lancaster, meaning I need to get a train to Lancaster earlier on, or just stay overnight in Morecambe or whatever. It'll work.

Iceglow
03-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I'll be in Birmingham early friday morning, I'm there so you noobs can find me the members intending to come either for the weekend or the day ought to PM me ASAP I will reply to their PM with the appropriate contact information for me such as cell phone number.

Baloki
03-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Yays I can afford to book the train next week :D!

Jess
03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Eesh. I hope you all have fun!

I would have liked to come. I'll be attending next year, if I can.

ReloadPsi
03-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Which train station in Birmingham do I need? I'm gonna try to reserve a seat as soon as I can; there's no way I'm gonna risk having to stand all the way like I did last time I went to Manchester.

Searching for just Birmingham gets me "Birmingham New Street". Is that correct?

Baloki
03-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Which train station in Birmingham do I need? I'm gonna try to reserve a seat as soon as I can; there's no way I'm gonna risk having to stand all the way like I did last time I went to Manchester.

Searching for just Birmingham gets me "Birmingham New Street". Is that correct?

It is, yeah

theundeadhero
03-14-2007, 12:57 AM
I'll be there for two.

zorander
03-14-2007, 01:30 AM
The rooms have now been booked. I will get at B'ham new street at about 11am. We can put our stuff in the rooms from 14:00.
It looks like all's set now. Just minor details to attend to.

Psychotic
03-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Awesome. Thanks for always booking the hotels, Mike.

I'm going to end up rooming with Jack and Steve, aren't I? Well there goes my anal virginity...

Anyway I'll probably be there for around 10 on Friday and leave sometime Sunday afternoon. Whatever Jack wants, really, as I'll probably be travelling with him.

Iceglow
03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Psy your anal virginity was gone a long time ago.

Agrias
03-14-2007, 11:16 PM
can we have a silly string war next year? :O

Iceglow
03-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Sure as long as we have it in the street, not the hotel I don't see why not. xD

That sounded so dirty to me xD

zorander
03-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Hmmmmmm, how about a paintball or "lazer arcade" type day? That'd be a hoot!

Iceglow
03-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Next year will be my baby and I think I'm flying solo on it but for speciffic reasons it will be jam packed XD

Agrias
03-15-2007, 01:25 AM
kinky >:D

Iceglow
03-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Believe me I can manage to see the dirty side of everything in life.

Agrias
03-16-2007, 10:06 PM
well try not to make next year into a gong show xD

Old Manus
03-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm going to end up rooming with Jack and Steve, aren't I? Well there goes my anal virginity...
Did I mean nothing to you :cry:

Psychotic
03-17-2007, 12:08 AM
It's not truly your first time unless it's with somebody you love!

ReloadPsi
03-18-2007, 02:41 AM
I suppose once I know precisely what I'm doing I shall buy a train ticket then.

Iceglow
03-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Psi since hotel is booked up for the 2 nights and will have an extra bed in it. Stay both nights if you choose to. I think you're the only non vet comming.

ReloadPsi
03-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Two nights it is, then.

We all have to sing this, too.

http://www2.b3ta.com/birmingham/

Iceglow
03-20-2007, 08:11 PM
actually the big round building in that video is just down the road from the hotel :P

theundeadhero
03-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Can someone PM me the name and address of the hotel?

zorander
03-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Aren't you going to meet us all at the station again? You could even call us wen you arrive in Birmbingham and we'll come n' get you.

theundeadhero
03-23-2007, 03:58 PM
That is what I'll do again, but I still need the name and address.

Iceglow
03-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Well Mike has that to hand more than me (posting from my brother's on my laptop it's crazy connection I had to connect to the network both wireless and via RJ-45 cable to get it to work...stupid thing)

Iceglow
03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
OK Woo double post, sorry guys but look at the time difference I'm just wondering how prepared for easter weekend everyone is. I still gotta buy my train ticket but I'm going to the travel agents friday when I get paid.

ReloadPsi
03-27-2007, 01:14 AM
I just have to buy my train ticket; I need to make sure I arrive in Birmingham AFTER I'm allowed to get into the hotel as I don't feel like lugging my stuff around town. Closer to the time I'll have to make sure I have enough spare clothes to change into. That's pretty much it.

Baloki
03-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Just need to book a train ticket and organise something to do with some fox hunting ^_^

theundeadhero
03-27-2007, 12:00 PM
I'll buy my plane ticket this week if I can ever find out at least the name of the hotel so I can look the address up myself.

Baloki
03-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I'll buy my plane ticket this week if I can ever find out at least the name of the hotel so I can look the address up myself.

It's right next to the Birmingham New Street Station and Bullring shopping complex ^_^

Psychotic
03-27-2007, 03:56 PM
I think it's the Britannia again, hero. PM Zorander if you want to be absolutely certain though.

theundeadhero
03-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Military Pass Form

<b>Block 6: Address</b>

Britannia Hotel
It's right next to the Birmingham New Street Station and Bullring shopping complex
Birmingham, England

:p

I got the address now though.

Baloki
03-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Military Pass Form

<b>Block 6: Address</b>

Britannia Hotel
It's right next to the Birmingham New Street Station and Bullring shopping complex
Birmingham, England

:p

I got the address now though.

Looks I tried to help you narrow it down, I'm so bringing you a bucket of paint at the meetup now :O!

Iceglow
03-29-2007, 01:23 AM
A bucket of paint for what purposes?

ReloadPsi
03-29-2007, 06:30 PM
We're gonna paint the town red, of course!

Psychotic
03-30-2007, 12:11 AM
I'd prefer mauve if it's all the same to you.

Baloki
03-30-2007, 01:44 AM
It's going to be clear paint!

Iceglow
03-30-2007, 11:40 AM
But I demand you bring Tartan paint!

Edit:

I just looked on the train line website my journeys are screwed I will not be pulling in to Birmingham New Street station as originally thought I will be arriving in Birmingham Moor Street station (departing from Marylebone, I found out it's down the road from where Kitten used to live so I know the area afterall and can get there quickly) Birmingham Moor Street station is walking distance from the Birmingham New Street Station according to the train line and well looking at the street map for birmingham it appears so to me too. I just gotta figure out the orientation when I get there as I have no clue as to what direction I will pull in from. Return Journey is the same too Birmingham Moor Street to Marylebone again. I'm looking to get on a train 3pm or so on easter sunday. I'll buy my tickets on the day of travel, £34 saver return ticket.

theundeadhero
03-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Bring a map and compass . Make sure to wear a safari hat!

Baloki
03-30-2007, 04:55 PM
In Birmingham you're probably better bringing a Crash Helmet or Flack Jacket :p

Psychotic
03-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Bring a map and compass . Make sure to wear a safari hat!Someone else has to deal with finding you this time. I'm just not up to the responsibility.

ReloadPsi
03-31-2007, 05:24 PM
I shall just phone Iceglow and say where I am (which will most likely be the station) and then make a conscpicuous signal at everyone if I think I've seen you. You won't be able to recognise me holding a phone as I'll be using handsfree to reduce the chance of the thievery lol so keep a look out for some fatso talking to himself.

*Looks at everyone's profiles*
Awww, I'm only the second oldest coming. That means nobody can make incredibly insensitive jokes about my "true intentions"!

Psychotic
03-31-2007, 06:34 PM
amratis, zorander and theundeadhero are older than you, Mr. 4th oldest. ;)

theundeadhero
03-31-2007, 09:46 PM
I'll be hanging around the same ol' phonebooth.

Baloki
03-31-2007, 11:33 PM
*is so the youngest*

Oh I'll probably wear my meetup T-Shirt again :p

Psychotic
03-31-2007, 11:35 PM
You're older than me is older than Jack is older than themagicroundabout.

Baloki
03-31-2007, 11:51 PM
You're older than me is older than Jack is older than themagicroundabout.

LIES! ¬¬

theundeadhero
04-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Being banned two years doesn't mean you don't age two for two years.

Baloki
04-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Being banned two years doesn't mean you don't age two for two years.

It implies it though

Iceglow
04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Wait I'm the eldest again? or is hero the eldest?

theundeadhero
04-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Aw, hell. I'm older than you are.

Iceglow
04-01-2007, 11:42 PM
*dances the dance of not being eldest*

Baloki
04-02-2007, 10:07 AM
So we instigating compulsiary headware for the meet? Also I just found out I probably can't drink :(

ReloadPsi
04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Someone get me an Avenged Sevenfold beanie and I will wear compulsory headwear.

Rostum
04-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Hey I know, have the UK meet up in Australia! Oh yeah Omecle, that's a great idea, yeah let's do what Omecle said, yeah guys, common!

I will spend the Australian Meetup 2007 at my house, getting drunk by myself (and I'll have pictures to show too!).

:(

theundeadhero
04-03-2007, 01:33 AM
I'll make it into the train station around 9:00 Friday morning.

ReloadPsi
04-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Happy Birthday to me! See you all on Friday; I'll be away from home for a few days, but I'll keep in touch with Iceglow if anything changes. I expect to be in Birmingham New Street shortly after 2pm though.

Baloki
04-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Hey I know, have the UK meet up in Australia! Oh yeah Omecle, that's a great idea, yeah let's do what Omecle said, yeah guys, common!

I will spend the Australian Meetup 2007 at my house, getting drunk by myself (and I'll have pictures to show too!).

:(

We'll have an Omecle moment in honour of your memory!

I'll make it into the train station around 9:00 Friday morning.

I expect to be in Birmingham New Street shortly after 2pm though.

I'm hoping to be there about 12-ish but it depends on trains and how well organised my other half ends up being on the day xD

Iceglow
04-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Well I'll be getting there when I get there, I intend on leaving on the busses BEFORE rush hour truly kicks in (so 0630 latest I could leave the house) I'll then hop across london towards where I used to go on a weekly basis to edgeware road from there I can either walk or jump on a tube train to marylebone station buy ticket and leave, if I end up on the train at like 0800/0900 I'd be there by lunchtime. Hero I'll pm you my number so you can phone me and we'll meetup when I get there.

Headgear....*plots trip to camden to buy a Trilby hat and packs black shirt and a tie in bag* So going to go do the emo punk pimp thing me and Agrias joked about.

Psi I've been meaning to text you about the meetup it's all go though so no problems will text you in the morning as I don't wanna disturb ya at 2345hours...

oh yeah military time because I'm impersonating a general for some reason.

theundeadhero
04-04-2007, 06:43 AM
I would have been confused if you posted 11:45 :(

boris no no
04-04-2007, 07:08 PM
It's this weekend/week right?
I hope you all have a good time! I would come but the whole £2000 debt is kinda crippling me :p

Put pictures up please!

Baloki
04-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Put pictures up please!

Will I be paid for my services if i do ;p

boris no no
04-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Put pictures up please!

I will pay what I can afford....

Thats nothing btw ;)

Rostum
04-05-2007, 03:37 AM
Put pictures up please!

I will pay what I can afford....

Thats nothing btw ;)

I don't think he meant money!

Iceglow
04-05-2007, 06:19 AM
Going Camden today and this time tomorrow I will be trapsing my way across london (I have to go buy plenty of caffeine drinks too otherwise my ass will be asleep by tomorrow night. no sleep tonight I am baka) Meetup in T - 24 hours :D

Psychotic
04-05-2007, 08:31 PM
OK guys I have been really ill (I'm not going to go into the fever-incuded delusions) for the past couple of days, so at the very least I won't be there tomorrow morning. I'm aiming for the afternoon but I'm still absolutely terrible right now so we'll have to see what tomorrow brings. If not, I'll aim for Saturday, and if not, Sunday.

Also Steve and Jack check PMs please. Or if anyone on the forums sees this and has those guys on MSN, tell 'em to check their PMs. (No I haven't sent the PM yet I am going to!)

Iceglow
04-05-2007, 08:58 PM
PSY!!!! I better be seeing your ass since you're like the one reason I am buying mini eggs.....oops did I let slip my plans for you. Get better soon fool and make it. :)