PDA

View Full Version : The Batman

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-18-2007, 03:24 AM
What do you think of The Batman? I think it's like the cartoon equivalent of the Joel Schumacher Batman films because the demographic this show is trying to appeal to is children. And children will watch anything why do you think shows like Dora The Explorer, Kids Next Door, and Bratz are still around?

MustangCobraSVT
01-18-2007, 05:59 AM
It is alright not as enjoyable or dark as the '90s Bat but still good to watch from time to time.

Slade
01-18-2007, 08:47 AM
It's not bad. It's pretty much a Teen Titans version of the original cartoon but without all the silly (in a good way) anime influence (Don't get me wrong, I love Teen Titans. Hence the name and avatar). I enjoyed what I saw of it though but it's nowhere near as good as the old school cartoon from the 90's.

vorpal blade
01-18-2007, 09:00 AM
What Slade said, but I'm a little more critical. Mostly 'cause I don't like the new costumes (especially of Catwoman and the Joker).

Slade
01-18-2007, 09:17 AM
I hated what the Joker looked like too untill I saw an episode of which he featured. After that I had seconds thoughts on him and actually thought he looked pretty cool. Not as cool as the original Joker though, hell no, and I'm not overly sure about the whole barefeet thing. But apart from that....

theundeadhero
01-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Nothing will beat the Batman of the 90s. I own then episodes on DVD :)

Jowy
01-18-2007, 02:54 PM
90's animated Batman was so much better.

Bunny
01-18-2007, 02:58 PM
What is this The Batman? Is it anything like The Flash?

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Only Batman movies were good that was directed by Tim Burton ( first two "new" ones). Batman Begins was also pretty good.

Ones directed by Joel Schumacher and the rest were utter crap.

edczxcvbnm
01-18-2007, 03:31 PM
The Batman is crap. I saw this episode and he was fighting the penguin...and the penguin was jumping around fast as hell and was nothing like the original penguin. I was all like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS :skull::skull::skull::skull:?!?!"

I vote complete crap. The 90's was so much better in every aspect.

Kossage
01-18-2007, 05:14 PM
The Batman is kind of 'meh', although it's not complete trash: I actually enjoyed the film The Batman vs. Dracula to some extent. The new character models look a bit odd, and I'm not used to this new voice of the Joker because I still remember the voice of Mark Hamill from the earlier series. Still, at times there are some interesting episodes in this new series, and the actors aren't that bad. :p

However, Batman: The Animated Series from the 90s is still the best animated Batman series I've seen because of the properly dark and mature atmosphere, nice animation, great actors (Mark Hamill, Kevin Conroy etc) and a wonderful score. Mask of the Phantasm is easily one of the best Batman movies I've seen. :)

XxSephirothxX
01-18-2007, 05:24 PM
As everybody pretty much said, the original 90s animated series is superior in just about every way. I hate it when they try to make comic characters young or hip just to milk some more money out of them.

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry my earlier careless post in this topic. Didn't read it too well and I thought you guys were talking about movies, not the cartoon.

The Batman cartoon is crap.

Kenji Longaway
01-23-2007, 07:30 PM
The show is lacking in reality, as was Joel Shumacher's Rendition of Bat-man. To begin with, why do they even have to use the word "The" in front of his name, and refer to him as "The Bat-man" all the time? Thats childish.
And why in the world do enemies such as "Penguin", Joker, and Man-Bat now know martial arts...?
Why is there so much eastern influence on all the characters?
And why has there been no mention of Richard Grayson??? Barbara Gordon made her appearance as Bat-Girl. I think the debut of Robin would be appropriate. The main reason they can't use Robin now is because he is licensed with cartoon network, and has too many different sponsors.

Kevin conroy was the best Bat-man voice over actor ever. This new guys voice is annoying. And Mark Hamil made the perfect Joker.
Everything else they made after "The Adventures of Bat-Man and Robin" is pure garbage.

And thats what I think about "The Bat-Man".