PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Platform Games

The Fat Bioware Nerd
01-18-2007, 05:01 AM
Have you ever purchased all versions of a cross-platform game before? I have...well sort of I never bought the handheld versions but I did buy all three console versions of the original Lego Star Wars but not all at once.

I didn't buy them all on purpose though at first I had the Playstation 2 version but after a few months there was something wrong with it. I couldn't play it anymore there was definitely something wrong with the disc because I could still play my other PS2 games so I sold it to Gamestop.:)

Later on I bought the Xbox version and I didn't have any problems with it but not long after I bought a Xbox 360 my nephew was constantly borrowing my original Xbox. I didn't want to loan it to him but my parents forced me into letting him borrow it.

Eventually I got tired of loaning my Xbox to my nephew so I gave it to him along with my Xbox version of Lego Star Wars because I couldn't play it on my 360. I thought about buying Lego Star Wars II for the 360 but I eventually came to the conclusion that $59.99 was too much to pay for a short children's game that you could beat in about two hours if you try hard enough.

I also wanted to import saved data from the original so I could make Episode V Luke fight Episode II Anakin. Then I remembered that I was planning on buying a Nintendo Wii in November and that the Wii is backwards compatible with all Gamecube software. So I went to Wal-Mart and bought the Cube versions of Lego Star Wars 1 & 2.

Rostum
01-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I once bought FF7 for the PC, then for some reason I bought it for PSX. Was a long time ago so I don't remember.

Other than that, I haven't bought the same game again.

Roto13
01-18-2007, 12:13 PM
I have Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX, I have Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening and Links Awakening DX... I think that's all, though. Those have extras, though. Do they count?

Dreddz
01-18-2007, 12:44 PM
I have various Street Fighter games stretching across lots of platforms. I have 4 versions of Street Fighter Alpha 3 ( DC, PS1, PS2, PSP ), 3 versions of Street Fighter 2 ( Megadrive, SNES, PS2 ), 2 versions of every other Alpha game and a few others which I cant be bothered to remember. I have other cross-platform games which Ive gotten, but Street Fighter is the one series where I have almost every game. The Street Fighter series has 22 games, and I own probably around 35 titles, a result of cross-platforming.

KentaRawr!
01-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Do games I obtained illegally count?

:shifty: