PDA

View Full Version : How do "unhappy crushes" affect you?

Peter_20
01-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Nah, I ain't in no "unhappy crush" or anything myself, but I didn't see any threads like this one around. :D

Anyway, you know what I'm talking about: you're in love with someone who doesn't return your feelings.
Alright, so how does it affect you?
Do you just wanna stay away from the person as much as possible, or do you feel totally down all day?

Personally I usually go "crap" and avoid the person as much as I can, and I'm pretty fine.
However, I've also had these moments when I found out some particular girl was already "taken", and then life sucked dangerously much for about a week.

It's fascinating how a relatively inacquainted person can affect another person's well-being like this...

ljkkjlcm9
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
uhm, happens all the time. I've been in love with a girl who doesn't want to be more than friends. Can't avoid someone who is your best friend and you'd do anything for, trust me, I've tried.

THE JACKEL

Bunny
01-18-2007, 01:38 PM
There is a particularly large difference between "love" and "crush.

Typically, it does not happen to me. The only crushes I have had were realistic ones that eventually lead to some sort of relationship between the person and I. When the relationship ends, so does the contact between the two of us. I have been friends with an ex-girlfriend only once and my life and that was only for the sake of the rest of our friends. Funny enough, even because of that we ended up losing contact with each other. Not that I regret it at all.

ljkkjlcm9
01-18-2007, 01:48 PM
There is a particularly large difference between "love" and "crush.

yes, but I can start with a crush on someone, and then love them without getting those feelings returned. But I was saying I've had crushes on a number of girls who did not like me in return. I just used an extreme example of a girl I am actually in love with.

THE JACKEL

Bunny
01-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Our posts were made at the exact same time. Use your deductive skills to come to the conclusion that I must be commenting on the only other person to post in the thread.

ljkkjlcm9
01-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Our posts were made at the exact same time. Use your deductive skills to come to the conclusion that I must be commenting on the only other person to post in the thread.

I have never, ever looked at the time of posts, only the order, in all my years and number of forums I post on

THE JACKEL

Jack
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Generally I don't care.

However, there is one person who's making me introvert because of feelings toward her. Best bit? She's 200 miles away. Bloody women ;)

Christmas
01-18-2007, 02:19 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=99868

Iceglow
01-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Hmm how do they affect me? well I get angry at that person for a while then think feth it and move on.

Riana
01-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I had a pretty hard time about it. I sort of quit my last job because of a guy I had a crush on. I knew the feelings could never be mutual, and the more I saw him the more I thought oh dear I'm gonna end up in love with him. I should quit my job now.

Fate somehow agreed he was not right for me. Because my workplace was being unfair and were making me work days and shifts when I was supposed to be at University. So in a way, I was destined to leave my job and my feelings for him.

But personally, I think it's best to keep things silent, until that person reveals their feelings first.

DK
01-18-2007, 02:51 PM
It doesn't bother me too much. If I've already figured out it's not going to happen, then I don't worry about it. :monster:

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Those are always sad. They always made me sad, no matter what. I can't think of any reason to not feel sad if you got crush on someone who doesn't have mutual feelings.

Gladly those were limited on my early- and mid-teens.

Meat Puppet
01-18-2007, 03:17 PM
I don’t think I’ve ever had one of these, so I can’t really tell. But if I was in such a relationship, then I would probably try to avoid that person at all costs. Not because seeing her would be painful in any way, but if I got to close to her body I would probably do something really stupid... man, just thinking about it gives me the chills. I’m such a creep. :(

Rainecloud
01-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I had those problems back in my school days. The best way of dealing with such problems was for me to avoid my "crush" and try to forget about them. Heck, it wasn't my fault for falling for them in the first place.

Besides, when you stop and take a look at the type of person you've developed a crush on, you start to realise how horrible and pathetic their personality is. If that isn't the case, focus on the negatives and force yourself to dislike them.

Works for me. =/

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 03:21 PM
OOC: little bird chirped in my ear while ago that you were dead, Rainecloud. I'm pretty pleased to see you're alive.

Though, I still got to pay you back for sending me those diapers. /readies his sniping rifle

Rainecloud
01-18-2007, 03:22 PM
OOC: little bird chirped in my ear while ago that you were dead, Rainecloud. I'm pretty pleased to see you're alive.

Though, I still got to pay you back for sending me those diapers. /readies his sniping rifle

For the last time, I did not post you those diapers.

I posted you a videotape. One solitary videotape.

Ki Ki
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
If that isn't the case, focus on the negatives and force yourself to dislike them.

Works for me. =/

I do that! :bounce:

Owen Macwere
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I'd stay in contact with that person, and do as much as I can to make her get what will make her happy. I'll help her gets who she loves and who can make her happy instead of me. That way I'll be happy as well. If the love you are talking about is true and pure. That's what I'll do.

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 03:25 PM
For the last time, I did not post you those diapers.

I posted you a videotape. One solitary videotape.

Ohhh rrrreally. Then why the heck did I receive a Royal Mail package from England full of diapers?

Iceglow
01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
oh that was me. :P sorry.

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 03:34 PM
oh that was me. :P sorry.

I WILL KNIFE YOU!

Seriously though, if anyone knows anything about those diapers sent to me three-four years ago ( and I know someone here does), I think it's finally the time to give in and reveal the mastermind behind this plot.

I'm not angry. :shoot:

escobert
01-18-2007, 03:55 PM
If that isn't the case, focus on the negatives and force yourself to dislike them.

Works for me. =/

I do that! :bounce:

same here, kinda. Well not always. Depends on the girl and how much I had liked her. :p

fire_of_avalon
01-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Don't talk about diapers. That's weird. Mik, please make your diaper sniper threats via PM xD

Renmiri
01-18-2007, 04:45 PM
3 or 4 years ago ? Bummer, I could have used those diapers then!

Now all my pups are potty trained, thank heavens! :D

I ran away from my crushes if he didn't feel the same. Same for ex-boyfriends. Staying around someone you still have feelings for and he doesn't is torture!

Owen Macwere
01-18-2007, 04:51 PM
I ran away from my crushes if he didn't feel the same. Same for ex-boyfriends. Staying around someone you still have feelings for and he doesn't is torture!

It is a torture if you think of yourself only and act selfishly. It wasn't that person's fault that you love him/her neither his/her fault that they don't love you back. :)

Jebus
01-18-2007, 05:12 PM
When it turns out that way every time, you get used to it.

I find it best to just ignore the feelings, and just be friends.

Renmiri
01-18-2007, 05:23 PM

It is a torture if you think of yourself only and act selfishly. It wasn't that person's fault that you love him/her neither his/her fault that they don't love you back. :)

Huh ?

Well, in my case the guy couldn't give a damn about me so who would I be being selfish to by avoiding him ?

It's not a matter of fault, where love is concerned no one is at fault for not loving or for loving. It just happens.

Little Blue
01-18-2007, 05:59 PM
I had really big crushes on some girls in school. I would go out of my way to just say hi to them. I was happiest then and even though I doubt they ever wanted to be more than friends, remembering them now makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... Then sad cos I never had the courage to ask them out...

Though I agree with Rainecloud, in hindsight I doubt I would've been happy had I actually did something about my feelings. She'd be like "lets go out" and I'd be like "I wanna stay in" and trouble would arise and we'd eventually break up from that, leaving no feelings of warm and fuzzyness in my memories. Or so I would expect.

theundeadhero
01-18-2007, 06:09 PM
I try to win her over, and usually fail. There's about a 50/50 chance we'll wind up friends.

kikimm
01-18-2007, 09:34 PM
I think it depends on my relationship with the person. If I start getting a crush on someone who I don't know THAT well, I'd probably start talking to them less and see if it goes away. If it's a good friend that I like, I think I'd just deal and wait for it to be over. Even though it's hard to be around them while the feelings are still there.

But I'd like to just avoid the person altogether. Ideally, that would be best. Sometimes I just can't resist though :(

Renmiri
01-18-2007, 10:19 PM
it's hard to be around them while the feelings are still there.

But I'd like to just avoid the person altogether. Ideally, that would be best. Sometimes I just can't resist though :(
It helps when the guy acts like a complete jerk with you :D

Hurts but gets you over him pretty fast :love:

kikimm
01-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Haha. Next time it happens then, I'll beg for the dude to be an ass. I'LL OWE YOU ONE ;D

Renmiri
01-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, it's like ripping of a band aid instead of taking it out carefully. Hurts like hell but at least it's over quick.

Not that I had any choice in the matter at the time :(

Vikeve
01-19-2007, 01:09 AM
I have a crush on someone that doesn't return it. It actually doesn't bother me that much, not anymore considering he is a complete jerk.:D

Although I don't normally avoid them. The very reasons I have a crush on him in the first place is the reason I want to be around him so I'm not gonna ignore him. Plus its hard to ignore him he is in a lot of my classes.:rolleyes2

But even though im getting over him I still know I have a crush on him. I blush and act weird when he talks to me and I repeat what I said to him in my head when he laughs and thinks I'm funny and I'll perpously sit close to him all the time in class to listen to his voice.... Its a good thing he's a jerk.:D

Renmiri
01-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Aye, jerks make it easier on us in the end. Their only saving grace IMHO ;)

daggertrepe
01-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm going through one right now. I love this guy soooo much. But, I can't have him for soooo many reasons. I know what you're feeling. But we will all move on someday, even if we think we won't. You will find love for someone else better over time.

Vikeve
01-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I know ive got a bad crush on him. But I'm not crushed by this crush I don't really mind. I don't feel bad about it at all but I can tell I still have a crush on him just by the way I act around him.:)

Renmiri
01-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Hang in there! No one has died of heartache in the past 2 centuries except on the movies ;)

Craig
01-19-2007, 11:58 PM
This has happened to me 3 times. The first 2 times it happened, it was with very good female friends of mine, and although I had feelings for them I just ignored them and continued getting along with them as friends because I saw them on such a regular basis.

The third time was recently, infact it is still the case to an extent. My ex-girlfriend, she broke up with me almost 2 weeks ago now and I still have feelings for her. But she has moved on. However, I feel alot better now, although chances are I'd take her back right now if she asked me, regardless of what has happened in the last 2 weeks.