PDA

View Full Version : A surprise character and another new job revealed for the PSP version

Crossblades
01-18-2007, 02:24 PM
http://www.allrpg.com/rpgnews/news_show.php?newsid=3006

Square-Enix has revealed a new detail about their upcoming PSP game, Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lions War. Along with having the classes Onion Knight and Dark Knight, a new character has been added to the roster. The character is none other than Balthier, from Final Fantasy XII. He will be a playable character, and he will also play an important role in the game. What exactly that role is, no one is sure. Hopefully Square-Enix will let us know in the near future.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lions War is scheduled to come out later this year in Japan. No US release has been announced, but updates will be made when available.

NeoCracker
01-18-2007, 06:17 PM
If the Game is suppose to be a remake of the original tactics, how are they going to work Balthier into the Story?

LunarWeaver
01-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Oh my :cat:. If I had a PSP, I'd sure be using him. Sorry Mustadio, I like ya, but your ass would hit the curb for Balthier.

Elpizo
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
It's nice Balthier is in it, but I think they are pushing this Ivalice Alliance a bit too hard. Who knows? Maybe Basch or Ashe will be in FFTA2! I wonder how they will give a good story explanation to this. Even though I haven't played the original Tactics, I know Balthier wasn't in it. How can he be now?

I think it's time to consider a PSP.

joshua2412
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah,

Adding Balthier is a weird twist.

I think Dark Knight and Onion Knight are cool classes to add. Dark Knight though might make the game too easy...the characters with Sword Skills (Orlandu, Agrias, Meladioul, Gafgarion) were by far the easiest to play with, and dominate opponents with in the original.

Adding these skills (atleast Night Sword and Dark Sword) may make some battles extremely easy right?

discuss.

dodhungry
01-18-2007, 10:37 PM
lol Maybe they will add in Baltheir the same way they added cloud...just make it another long side quest :p

Wolf Kanno
01-18-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't like this...:mad:

Now I love Balthier, and I love Tactics... but adding him into the game seems gimicky. It's like saying Tactics isn't worth playing on it's own merits so we have to add recognizable characters to bring people in.

I feel the same way about Cloud being in the game. Though Cloud's role in the game the way I actually percieve him as utterly worthless.

Depends on how they do the Dark Knight, they may change them to be different from Gafgarion. Hopefully they will fix the few balancing issues in the game.

vorpal blade
01-18-2007, 10:55 PM
I haven't seen an actual article or announcement confirming the presence of the Onion Knight. Is it for real or just speculation?

Balthier? He's a cool guy and all, but I don't want him to have a large role. Maybe a large role in some side missions, but nothing major to the story as a whole.

And if anyone's gonna be in FFTA2, it'll be Fran.

Crossblades
01-18-2007, 11:08 PM
I haven't seen an actual article or announcement confirming the presence of the Onion Knight. Is it for real or just speculation?

Balthier? He's a cool guy and all, but I don't want him to have a large role. Maybe a large role in some side missions, but nothing major to the story as a whole.

And if anyone's gonna be in FFTA2, it'll be Fran.

The scan for Onion Knight is somewhere in this thread

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98564

robfinalfantasy
01-20-2007, 02:40 AM
I hope they fix the "Blade Grasp" bug that was in the original.

Jowy
01-22-2007, 05:44 PM
I read this on GAF and the link for Balthier was for a random image generator and posted some lady looking at a tree. Does he have official FFT character artwork yet?

vorpal blade
01-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Onion Knights are real!! Neat.

I hope they fix the "Blade Grasp" bug that was in the original.

And just what bug was this?

Jowy
01-23-2007, 03:29 PM
The 3% chance of getting hit by physical attacks, I'd assume.

Zeromus_X
01-23-2007, 11:39 PM
I've heard about this, and I'd have to say that as long as Balthier doesn't start off at level 1, then I'm really going to enjoy having two gunners in the party.

finaloblivion
01-24-2007, 04:55 AM
first off, tactics is a great game. the addition of cloud or any other character was never for a gimick, it was for making a fun reference and also to experience what that character would be like in that particular arena. even though cloud might be worthless, it's a side quest and something that's fun to do. as for balthier being in this game, there's a few questions i have....what's the connection between FFXII Ivalice and FFT Ivalice, and how are they going to weave his character into Ramza's storyline? I don't think they're going to do it all for gimick's sake, let's just say that. it's going to make sense, and it's going to be fun. let's not take so much credit away from the Ivalice Square team guys.