PDA

View Full Version : It's jolly windy, what ho!

Quindiana Jones
01-18-2007, 06:04 PM
It really is. On my way home I was attacked by 3 tiles, and had to go through an obstacle course of 8 trees and a huge bush of brambles intertwined with a fallen tree.

So, what has the wind done to your happy happy lives? Anything missing from your house or garden because of it? Like your dog or something.

theundeadhero
01-18-2007, 06:05 PM
It's just as windy today over here in Germantown, but I've yet to see the effects. I'm too scared to go outside.

Chloe.
01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
It was well fun walking to school this morning. :bigsmile: Except from the fact that I nearly got blown onto the road, but then my friend got blown into this random man who was walking beside us. :p

Also, I've seen a few garbage bins rolling around outside. :bigsmile:

XxSephirothxX
01-18-2007, 06:07 PM
It's been near-freezing for the past several days, and the with the wind chill, it's felt more like 20 degrees Fahrenheit. :( It hasn't been windy enough to do anything other than make it hellish outside, though.

Burtsplurt
01-18-2007, 06:12 PM
The power in my school went down today. I was teaching a lesson and then there was no light. I thought it was just one of the kids messing about, and I told them off. Oops.

I'm hoping they don't have the substation fixed by tomorrow. Or anytime in the next year.

Quindiana Jones
01-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Ooh that reminds me! We had a manic wheelie bin in our school today! The thing was blowing about all over the shop!

Breine
01-18-2007, 06:15 PM
It has also been incredibly windy here in Denmark the last week or so. It's nice to sit inside and listen to the wind, but really annoying to go outside.

Mikztsu
01-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Once it made our boat a flying and trashed boat ( No one was in). Was pretty serious storm.

Quindiana Jones
01-18-2007, 06:23 PM
It has also been incredibly windy here in Denmark the last week or so. It's nice to sit inside and listen to the wind, but really annoying to go outside.

I love being in the wind. Makes me feel alive. :bigsmile:

Chloe.
01-18-2007, 06:32 PM

I love being in the wind. Makes me feel alive. :bigsmile:

Same with me! :bigsmile:

Rocket Edge
01-18-2007, 06:35 PM
It's really windy here too. 120mph it said on the news, i was blown away today at work on the roof!

Sergeant Hartman
01-18-2007, 06:36 PM
All the rubbish bags in my street had disappeared overnight.
But there were still remains of some random rubbish flying around.

dennenappelke
01-18-2007, 06:45 PM
thanks to the wind, the name of my favorite soccer club stadium has been renamed from 'Mandemakers Stadion' to 'andemakers Stadion' :p

Bunny
01-18-2007, 06:45 PM
It's just as windy today over here in Germantown, but I've yet to see the effects. I'm too scared to go outside.

Which Germantown?

The wind is fairly mild in my part of the world. I don't spend a lot of time outside though, so I couldn't really tell you anything about how fierce it is. I haven't seen any trees down or anything of the sort either.

We are getting a nice misty rain fall. Which is absolutely gorgeous.

Carl the Llama
01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Im missing my garden shed :/

Zeldy
01-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Well all our chairs have fallen over, apart from that, my house is untouched.
Walking home from school though, I saw broken plant pots, Roofs and fences. My school is also closed for lower school tomorrow due to tiles loose on our North Block, but its open for higher school >=[

Also, is it true we might be getting snow next week? Ive heard it, and whats with all this wierd weather? we've had like NO frost!

Vikeve
01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Its not windy where I am.:(

Thats sad becuase I love the wind especially when it knocks you around and you can't stand straight.:bigsmile:

Rainecloud
01-18-2007, 08:39 PM
It killed two people in my town.

A wall blew over and crushed one woman, and a lorry overturned on the motorway and crushed a car with a man inside. There have been many more deaths in Stockport today, but I don't have details on them.

Curse you, Mother Nature.

Dreddz
01-18-2007, 09:09 PM
The fence to my garden has completely come off due to the winds, all of our bins were strewn across the road too. I saw a billboard which had been ripped from its stand and was in the middle of the road. This wind must of been stronger than I thought. It was also lame cause all the trains are cancelled. Lots of big trains stations in London have been closed down, so barely half of the trains are running. And if they are, there friggin late.

ReloadPsi
01-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Well the wind was literally swaying my apartment. Seriously. I'm on the top floor and I was scared the roof would be torn off any any given moment or something.

Little Blue
01-18-2007, 09:53 PM
It was really windy earlier, I was nearly blown into the road! I couldn't stop laughing as I fought to stay on my feet!

Iceglow
01-18-2007, 10:27 PM
I was up all last night so at about 3am the wind just hit like a hammer blow and didn't let up for hours. Was quite shocking and there was my aussie mate saying how they'd had a nice shower that afternoon. I was cursing the weather even more later when it threw a motorcycle in my back yard across the yard (muggins here had to pick that up, strip the shed of it's flag pole and drag half a tree down.)

yumi
01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks to the wind my flatmate couldn't get to her Kylie concert in Manchester because Birmingham new street was closed. Had to take for a Modern China to cheer her up!

On a lighter note a washing machine and a fence landed on a van in front of my flat.

:kaoyatta:

Jess
01-18-2007, 11:11 PM
My next door neighbours shed roof broke. I thought I was going to fly away whilst walking home today. :jess:

fire_of_avalon
01-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Crazy wind, sounds like. It snowed here in Chapel Hill, NC today. It rarely snows in this part of the state, but it looked nice for a while.

It gets windy back home, though.

Christmas
01-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Wind make girl's skirt coo coo cooz~~~~:bigsmile:

Luckily I usually wears pants. :bigsmile:

Deborah
01-19-2007, 09:05 AM
I thought the wind was bad here right now but wow I see it could be worse....ooh I just have trash cans and stuff being thrown around and things hitting my window...ooo wind. =]

Carl the Llama
01-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I just heard on the news that the wind claimed the life of a 2 y/o boy and his nanny ended up in hospital when a wall was blown over on top of them.

No.78
01-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Some woman got blown into a glass building and DIED yesterday apparently.
My aunt saw a tree crush someones house yesterday too...

And my bag was coming off my back on the way to college too.

I <3 Wind!!!

Bart's Friend Milhouse
01-19-2007, 10:51 AM
I was searched by the police. I don't know whether that had anything to do with the weather though :confused:

Kris_A
01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I had to walk the 5 miles from my university to my house in the rain because there wasn't a single vehicle going in or out of Manchester. that was fun...