PDA

View Full Version : help with kh2 - possible spoilers

fifie
01-18-2007, 07:33 PM
hi,
i'm stuck on kh2, i've just finished going round all the disney worlds for the 2nd time and then, getting no instructions/hints i went to hollow bastion (i thought it a logical thing to do before i try and finish the game) but nothing happened, so i just went to twilight town and continued with the story, quite quickly. But a friend just told me that at hollow b loads of stuff should happen, cutscenes, story etc and i get nothing, i don't want to finish the game when i will have missed out key story bits, so i was wondering whether anyone can help.
I haven't finished atlantica, or olympus coliseum (for second time - underdrome bit) and i haven't done the disney castle again. Sorry for the long post!!!

Tavrobel
01-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Depending on where you are, either nothing or alot of things happen in Hollow Bastion. If this is your visit AFTER doing all of the worlds twice, then nothing should happen, unless you activate it. Your next stop is to go to Twilight town in order to activate the World that Never Was; to further clarify, if you have the Sea Salt Ice Cream, the Picture of Roxas/friends, and have encountered the point in the plot where Kairi is captured, this is your next stop. All else is optional after doing the worlds twice.

dragontamer
01-19-2007, 10:32 AM
fifie, have you completed the pride lands twice?

this is the only way to get to the bonus world, Space Paranoids. based on the '80's film.

SeeDRankLou
01-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Have you done the Tron world for the second time?

fifie
01-21-2007, 10:31 PM
umm,
i did complete the pride lands twice, i have been to tron twice (i think the second time was when the motorbike mini game was in it) but i just heard that after completing all the disney worlds you can seehollow bastion in its final form or something like that and you can fight sephiroth there too

SeeDRankLou
01-22-2007, 06:24 PM
hollow bastion in its final form or something like that and you can fight sephiroth there too
When you are finished with the Tron world, you will automatically see the scene which you are referring to. So either you haven't finished the Tron world or you forgot that you have seen this scene. If you have seen this scene you should be ready to do that last events in Twilight Town.

fifie
01-22-2007, 07:05 PM
thanks, duh i'm such an idiot, it worked! thanks for the help!

jjturtle12
01-30-2007, 01:39 PM
OK, I must have missed a lot.

I was traveling to the worlds fighting heartless and nobodies, when I saw the cut scene of Kairi being captured. I immediatly went to Twilight town, and from there to the hollow bastion because it was "covered in darkness". I went to Tron's world took care of everything there (that motorbike game was hell in a handbasket), and now I'm stuck. I am at the part where you fight Demyx again.

I have completed nearly all of the worlds once, I bleieve that I need to do the Pride lands, and Halloween town, and apparently, The World that never was.

Could someone help me out here?

SeeDRankLou
01-30-2007, 08:30 PM
First off, this is only the half way mark of the game. You will be visiting all the world twice (at least), not once.

I did the same thing you did my first time through. I think the game wants you to be at level like 32 when you go to the Hollow Bastion when it's covered in darkness, and I was only at level 28. I skipped going to Halloween Town and the Pride Lands (and maybe Agrabah, I'm not sure). Going to the Hallow Bastion this early does make the Demyx fight quite hard, because Demyx is quite a bit stronger than you at this point, and you might not be strong enough to beat his dancing water things fast enough for this fight.

What part exactly are you stuck on. The Demyx fight, or something before that?

jjturtle12
02-05-2007, 04:57 PM
SeedRankLou: Right before I read your post I had just beaten Demyx. I was the water things that I was stuck on, but I went back and did the pride lands and Halloween Town, adn was able to beat him...barely.

Of couse, the victory train couldn't last, so now I am at Beast's Castle stuck again in the fight with Xaldin. I have yet to figure out any easy way to get some hits in.

SeeDRankLou
02-05-2007, 09:19 PM
When Xaldin goes up above and starts throwing spears down at you, run and jump forward right before a spear attacks (the timing is easy enough to get, and you probably have High Jump by now). While you are jumping and dodging the spears, a reaction command will appear (forget what it's called, I think Learn, maybe Jump, anyway). You can get that reaction as many times as you can press triangle while the reaction command is there to get. You can rack up 9 of these. After Xaldin becomes a target again, target him and press triangle. You will do this downward slash move, similar to the spear attack. He very rarely dodges this, and if he gets hit then keep hitting the triangle button, and you will do as many of these attacks as reaction commands you racked up. 9 of these attacks will make a serious dent in his HP. Other than that, just dodge when you can't attack him and have Item Boost with High Potions in your inventory and everyone else's. Also, I would start the fight off with the Sora + Beast limit attack, which will take a decent chunk out of his HP, and while your MP fills back up he won't be doing anything too damaging yet.

dragontamer
02-16-2007, 10:52 AM
I managed to beat him last night. Just.

keep dodging his atacks. at the start, he may grunt. if he does that use guard or reflect the second that he grunts. its his spear thrust
one of his other atacks is putting his spears in a circular formation with himself in the middle. easily jump that! press learn while youre at it.

If he glows green and waves a spear about; RUN! he is invincible in this state -even to jump attacks! his spear has incredible range too.

His mana dragon can cause problems too. you can either:
high jump over it.
use reflect just before it hits or,
use a limit as you cant be damaged during a limit.

more hints.

dont use the keyblade as it is virtually pointless. only use it while he is stunned by the jump attacks.

lock on to xibar BEFORE you jump, or sora will make a pointless jump into the air.

I was level 30 when i took this on, in all, it took 31 jump attacks, sevral combos and no limits.

Remember! even in proud mode, this fight is possible (without healing yourself if youre good enough) if you know how to react to his attacks!

Good luck, Jjturtle12!

jjturtle12
02-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Ok i finally beat theat hard as all get out battle, and from there I went on an all day playing binge to beat the game.

Thank you everyone for all of your helpful tips and ideas!!!

jjturtle12