PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Zodiac Spear?

Queen Anthai
01-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm hanging out in the Necrohol of Nabudis and cannot find my way around without a map. I did NOT open any of the "DO NOT OPEN" chests (yes, I am 100% sure of this), so I know the Zodiac Spear's around somewhere...I'm just getting my rear kicked by the enemies and want to get in and out ASAP. Anyone have a good map of this area?

BustaMo
01-18-2007, 08:59 PM
This link Zodiac Map (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_xii_nabudis.png) should show ya which way to head. Where it points out the 16 Treasure coffers, it's where you go. It should be the second chest from the left.

Queen Anthai
01-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Why, thank you kindly. I now have a shiny new Zodiac Spear to love and cuddle and call my very own. :love:

I think I'll name him "Zodey."

FYI, anyone who wants this spear - get up to Level 40, get in there, RUN LIKE HELL, grab the spear and GET OUT FAST. I almost got annihilated by the enemies about a dozen times over. Thank goodness I have "Ally = any - Phoenix Down" as my #1 Gambit!

Khaotic
01-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Why, thank you kindly. I now have a shiny new Zodiac Spear to love and cuddle and call my very own. :love:

I think I'll name him "Zodey."

FYI, anyone who wants this spear - get up to Level 40, get in there, RUN LIKE HELL, grab the spear and GET OUT FAST. I almost got annihilated by the enemies about a dozen times over. Thank goodness I have "Ally = any - Phoenix Down" as my #1 Gambit!

I did it at level 25.

Queen Anthai
01-19-2007, 02:10 AM
I did it at level 25.

You are frightening and possibly inhuman.

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
01-19-2007, 08:16 AM
i'm now at level 56 so it should be easyXD

Giga Guess
01-19-2007, 01:23 PM
I wandered around in the Necrohol at 45 or so...not too deep in, mind you, but long enough...57 shouldn't be an issue.

joshua2412
01-19-2007, 01:51 PM
I went in at level 35 or so, but i equipped Bubble Belts on my entire party and didn't have any problems at all. Set one character's #1 Gambit to cast Curaja when any Allies HP less than 70 % and you can hack and slash your way through their all day and pick up a ton of experience.

joshua2412
01-19-2007, 03:25 PM
When I got the Zodiac Spear, i got 15 knots of rust in the other treasure chests...will that change if i equip a Diamond Armlet, or is the Spear the only good thing there at all?

Dynast-Kid
01-19-2007, 10:08 PM
When I got the Zodiac Spear, i got 15 knots of rust in the other treasure chests...will that change if i equip a Diamond Armlet, or is the Spear the only good thing there at all?

If you didn't open any of the forbidden coffers, then you don't need the Diamond Armlet to get the Zodiac Spear.

And also, the Zodiac Spear can be found in the Henne Mines.

joshua2412
01-20-2007, 04:11 PM
yeah, i realize that...i already got the Zodiac Spear and have not opened the 4 chests.

I'm just curious if the Diamond Armlet would get me anything better than Knots of Rust in the other 15 chests?

Giga Guess
01-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Not sure about that, but I do know that to get the Zodiac Spear in the Henne mines, you DO need the Diamond Armlet (At least according to the Brady Guide, so I'll only stand by it so much)

BustaMo
01-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah it is actually one of the great places, (along with Subterra at the Pharos) to level up there even up until late in the game. Have fun going through there when you have to face Fury, Humbabba, and Chaos back-to-back-to-back. I was to lazy to run back out and save again, so I stretched it out and sucked it up, and it was one helluva ride through the death chamber at early levels! :o