PDA

View Full Version : Smells of Gaming

thegirth
01-18-2007, 09:33 PM
do you ever get a smell of video games, like how you associate certain smells with certain games, like for me

FFX and KH2, i was playing both of them and just alternating, at the begining my controler started to smell bad, so i intended to put on a drop of petuli oil to cover it up, it didnt come out so i shook it harder and a ton just fell out i eventually wiped it off but whenever i get heavy into a game i sweat and whenever i would the smell of petuli oil would come back so whenever i smell it i recall certain points of those games, anyone else have those types of smells?

Roto13
01-18-2007, 10:16 PM
... No... no, I don't....

... Why did your controller smell bad? o_<

NeoCracker
01-18-2007, 10:17 PM
... No... no, I don't....

... Why did your controller smell bad? o_<

LunarWeaver
01-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I do not have smells, but I do have other things I associate with games. Like when my brother decided Wakka reminded him of Xena for some retarded reason and Chi-la-la'd when he threw his ball. Now I imagine Wakka chi-la-la'ing when he blitzes at enemies and it makes me chortle.

Or I had an Uncle die the day I got KHII, so the whole thing is like kind of tied to his funeral forever now. I barely knew him and he was a stranger by the way, so it's not like I'm dropping an emotional bomb or anything. Unless this can get me a Lifetime movie deal, then I am.

I'd think I would associate coffee with a lot of games since I'm always drinking it, but upon reflection I really don't. Hmm.

Dreddz
01-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Errrrr, no ?

Vermachtnis
01-18-2007, 10:26 PM
I love the smell of new instruction manual...wait that's not what this topic is about?

I was eating some beef jerky while fighting Cubia in one of the .Hack// games and now everytime I smell jerky I think of .Hack// weird huh?

Shoeberto
01-18-2007, 11:45 PM
I used to play Counter-strike 1.6 a lot after I had showered and I guess I associate the smell of my shampoo at the time with that game.

That's really the closest I have to anything like that.

Moon Rabbits
01-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Ew.

Meat Puppet
01-19-2007, 01:08 AM
I first played solitaire on this wooden desk at my grandma’s place of work. Now, every time I play solitaire, I can smell that fucking desk. Or, if I smell something similar to that desk, I will think of solitaire.

KentaRawr!
01-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Mario is the smell of tacos. Sonic is the smell of Pizza.

That's about it for me.

Shoeberto
01-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Mario is the smell of tacos. Sonic is the smell of Pizza.

That's about it for me.
Hmm. That does remind me that the combined smells of Dominos pizza, carbonation and man-stank are totally LAN party memories.

Markus. D
01-19-2007, 01:41 AM
I am yet to experience this awesomeness.

:[

escobert
01-19-2007, 01:42 AM
games prevoke my sight and hearing but not smell :p

Zeromus_X
01-19-2007, 01:51 AM
There's nothing that smells better than a new instruction manual.

Other than that, can't say I've smelled much while actually playing a game before. :p :cat:

Xaven
01-19-2007, 02:04 AM
The smell and taste of dry Ramen blocks (with the flavoring sprinkled on it, especially beef) rushes memories of FFVII to my head. That was often all I ate during the few weeks I played it two summers ago.

The smell of a certain brand of hand-soap, home-made bread that is baking, and lovely (really) smell of my mother's old garage brings FFVIII to mind. That was my first Final Fantasy game (first RPG as well), and I first played it once a week at her old house. Yeah. Nothing beats the aroma of 10,000s MTG cards and old electronics.

rih29
01-19-2007, 03:26 AM
The smell of pretzels baking reminds me of the first time I played FFIV with my friend Johnny all night. What an awesome time.

Cz
01-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I tend to associate individual games with music rather than smell. I do, however, love the smell of a new instruction booklet. :D